Does McD survive this year?

MAJBobby

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

You Friggin people one bad loss and y'all want to fire everyone.

How many times did we take a beat down during the SB years, plenty. 

This team will come back angry and play lights out this week.

Just imagine this board after one of those Monday Night Football Chiefs or Steelers debacles. :lol: 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Its one bad loss combined with shaky wins against the worst teams in the league. If we had been blowing those teams out it would be a different story. 

If I had to guess, I’d say there is a 97% chance McDermott is the Bills head coach next year. The other three percent?

1% - Bills collapse and go 6-10 or worse

1% - McDermott quits

1% - He dies

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Its one bad loss combined with shaky wins against the worst teams in the league. If we had been blowing those teams out it would be a different story. 

Shaky is a bit too strong ;they  were average NFL wins. Most NFL games are not blowouts. They were thoroughly outclassed by a significantly more talented team, and held their own against another with a chance to win outright. The Eagles game was more of a reality check for some overly optimistic fans, rather than an indication that the team needs to start over. 

4 minutes ago, dubs said:

If I had to guess, I’d say there is a 97% chance McDermott is the Bills head coach next year. The other three percent?

1% - Bills collapse and go 6-10 or worse

1% - McDermott quits

1% - He dies

Lol. The last two are probably about the right percentage , maybe should even be a bit lower ( I’m no actuary ). The first should probably be significantly higher, maybe about 15-20% or more ? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Shaky is a bit too strong ;they  were average NFL wins. Most NFL games are not blowouts. They were thoroughly outclassed by a significantly more talented team, and held their own against another with a chance to win outright. The Eagles game was more of a reality check for some overly optimistic fans, rather than an indication that the team needs to start over. 

Except for when McD teams lose to average or better offenses.

On 10/28/2019 at 6:11 AM, MAJBobby said:

Let me start off by saying not a chicken little thread and I know that we are 5-2 and still have a favorable schedule to get to the playoffs. But that also goes to what I am about to say. 

Let’s say the Bills do not right the ship. If this season goes like seasons in the past of collapsing down the stretch after a 5-1 now 5-2 start does McD survive?  

With all the talk of the DNA and Standards and Process you you think McD survives a Bills collapse?  

BTW add another Blowout loss to the McD resume. 

large.A61F8AEC-8038-4365-8BCC-A2AF33DF9086.gif.c398cf4ec8f366aa2c0525b091e3cc6c.giflarge.E177D831-5B27-42E0-A122-11620AD19FD8.gif.b7eff6b4498c93340d99c2fa40d22588.gif

wow, get a grip we are 5-2. We lost a game for crying out loud. It kinda happens to basically everyone and more than 2 losses in a season is common.

20 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Gore, Singletary, and Yeldon are collectively averaging 5.1 ypc (on 125 carries). It's not like they're incapable of running the ball effectively through their backs. He said that they have no play action game because their running game isn't good enough to set it up.  Allen's 4.4 ypc is tied with Gore and below the other two. 

In the past 2 games, Gore has only had 11 and 9 carries for 55 and 34 yards.  Since he returned to the lineup,  Singletary has had 7 and 3 carries for 26 and 19 yards.  That's 30 carries for 134 yards over 2 games by their entire active RB corps.  That would be a single  good game for one RB...

The season YPC are meaningless at this point given that no persuasive argument can be made currently that the Bills running game is effective, or could effectively set up the pass or play action.  They are hardly running at all at this point.

On 10/28/2019 at 9:11 AM, MAJBobby said:

Let me start off by saying not a chicken little thread and I know that we are 5-2 and still have a favorable schedule to get to the playoffs. But that also goes to what I am about to say. 

Let’s say the Bills do not right the ship. If this season goes like seasons in the past of collapsing down the stretch after a 5-1 now 5-2 start does McD survive?  

He will survive BUT if they lose to teams like the Ravens, Broncos, and Jets at home and fail to make the playoffs he will be on the hot seat.  They are going to be 6-2 after this week. They would have to collapse to not make the playoffs in this years AFC.

14 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

...LMAO!!....shades of Auntie Em and Todo....you forgot where you were Dorothy......TBD is special with "Monday Mournings" whether a "W" or "L"......have to check ESPN box score to see WHO won....:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Luka said:

As we've seen all over the league, if you've been within 50 feet of Belichek's dirty jock strap, you are the next big thing in coaching. Feel bad for whoever jumps on the Daboll grenade.

His jock strap is not dirty.  Plenty of press and Bills fans willing to lick it clean.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/28/2019 at 9:11 AM, MAJBobby said:

With all the talk of the DNA and Standards and Process you you think McD survives a Bills collapse?  

BTW add another Blowout loss to the McD resume. 

Yes he survives the year