Bills 13, Eagles 31 postgame thread

Despite the hue and cry of the "Probation" crowd. We were out-coached today and beat in the trenches.

Wentz did not light up the field with throws, but had some timely safe throws to his all-pro TE Ertz. They ran and ran for over 200 yards I believe. While our OC called tricky pass plays with horrible on-field conditions and an o-line struggling with holding and false starts, ignoring the success Gore was having off tackle up the middle.

I have defended Dabol, today was indefensible... how many times do we have to see Gore on a stretch play for nothing. Match your personnel to the plays that will work best for them, AND take into account field conditions and match ups (whose winning and who is getting beat). He needs to up his game in regards to in-game adjustments and management.

And yes, the defense struggled today... they do not get pass, but were also hung out to dry a bit. That being said, they want to be called the strength of this team and have to back that talk up against better teams.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Bubba Gump said:

I usually don't agree with you, but I feel the same way. I don't think they make the playoffs this year.

1 minute ago, Frez said:

This game showed exactly who we are. 

Reality! 

So the Bills are only as good as their worst game ? The Eagles didn’t look that way. The Bills can make the playoffs this year with the schedule they have. A trade could help now and for the further. Next year’s schedule looks very tough and I’d be surprised if they could make the playoffs in 2020. I’m guessing the FO and coaching staff will try to make the p,ayoffs this year and give themselves a little breathing room to keep their jobs. No playoffs 3 years in a row would probably mean big changes coming. 

Lol, hysterical how the same “fans” on this board seem  to really relish the moments this team slips up.  The Eagles were blown out last week to the Cowboys, who were beat down by the Jets. I wonder if both these teams fans pulled the plug on their seasons after their losses like some of you? I can only imagine how miserable some of you are to be around. Go Bills! Here’s to a better show up next weekend.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Bills fans are weak

If Bills fans were weak, there wouldn't be any.  We choose to spend our weeks and Sundays pulling for the Little Engine that Could.  IMO, it takes much intestinal fortitude to keep coming back for more.  Some of our most diehard have been doing this since the AFL days.

If anything, it's the conditioning of decades of losing.  I know the players weren't here for the Music City Miracle and the drought that ensued, but a lot of us were... and we've seen the Bills are best are breaking the hearts of their fans.  It's going to take some reverse conditioning before it gets a lot better. 

If two decades of winning can make unbearable jerks of Pats fans, this is the other end of the spectrum.

For the record, I do NOT think this is the same old BIlls.

In retrospect we all would have been happy with 5-2 at this point when the season began. So onto the next game! Oh, and Go Bills!!!

Have faith Bills Nation, we are doing well, just have to keep on keeping on, we are playoff bound! 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

So the Bills are only as good as their worst game ? The Eagles didn’t look that way. The Bills can make the playoffs this year with the schedule they have. A trade could help now and for the further. Next year’s schedule looks very tough and I’d be surprised if they could make the playoffs in 2020. I’m guessing the FO and coaching staff will try to make the p,ayoffs this year and give themselves a little breathing room to keep their jobs. No playoffs 3 years in a row would probably mean big changes coming. 

Yeah, people said the same thing going into this season about how tough the schedule would be.  Enough.