Key to the Game vs. Eagles

Luka

Most games are won in the trenches on both sides of the ball but I think the matchup that is going to impact the game the most is going to be the Bills D-line vs. the Eagles O-line. The Eagles O-line is very suspect this season. It has impacted Wentz's ability to be effective and their running game. 

I worry that Jeffery, Ertz, and the running game can be a killer for the Bills (similar to how Miami's bigger targets gave the secondary some trouble) defense to handle. However if Wentz is under consistent pressure and the ground game can't get going then those players will be a non-factor (esp since I don't think D.Jackson is playing.) 

But give Wentz time and those targets can do some damage. If the Bills defense can't control the line then this could be a game where the offense has to put up at least 24 or more points which might or might not happen. 

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He does?  I thought he was a cover two press man wide 9 guy.... 

His corners have not been playing too well, I think you will see a lot of cover 1 or 2 unless he completely disrespects Allen. Which could happen - Schwartz is not known as the guy that tinkers too much with his schemes rather finds the right parts to execute within it. 

We will see, they are going to be pretty desperate for a win and there was a lot of talk about the "effort" they had against Dallas. Like Miami, I expect them to come out with a bit more pride and make it tough.

The key to the game is Milano.  The Bills D is built to be a solid unit, and missing Milano creates a weak link in the chain.  Other players will try to help the backup player and when that happens the whole machine falls apart.  I am very worried about their TEs dominating the game.

Wentz is very shifty in the pocket, which buys him time to cowboy some plays, don’t let him.  

Their receivers are very capable of being good, need to not let them.  

Offense needs to have multiple drives that end in touchdowns, not just field goals.  

The Eagles can be a very good team if you let them.   They lost games they should have won. Their record does not reflect their talent level.  

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Wentz is very shifty in the pocket, which buys him time to cowboy some plays, don’t let him.  

Their receivers are very capable of being good, need to not let them.  

Offense needs to have multiple drives that end in touchdowns, not just field goals.  

The Eagles can be a very good team if you let them.   They lost games they should have won. Their record does not reflect their talent level.  

Fitz can be Fitzmagic, but last week was a clinic on how NOT to tackle. It looked like a game of two-hand touch out there that allowed for a lot of extended plays that never should have happened.

You can bet that Frazier and McD will stress fundamentals this week about wrapping up and tackling. The Bills also have the kind of veteran leadership in that locker room where those guys will self-scout and see the same things they need to correct. I think we should see a much improved group keeping Wentz in the pocket and getting him on the ground when they get the opportunity to do so. 

5 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

no, he shouldnt have posted "start", he probably meant to post "play substantial snaps"...one rookie will start, but Cox is playing as far as I know.

sal reported today they they will have two DTs starting maybe he misspoke and meant significant playing time 

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He is generally. But their secondary can't cover anyone so the last 2 weeks he has just started sending the house to try and force mistakes. It hasn't been a total success mind you.... 

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

One worry is pass blocking by Gore and Singletary.  I don't think either are any good at it. They will need to step up this week.

They are going to need the TEs and the RBs to chip in on the pass blocking this week.  That Eagles front 7 is pretty good!

On 10/25/2019 at 2:25 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This year they've been using Cover 0 from what I've read. Most likely against teams they don't view as a threat to go deep, no reason to keep a safety over the top. Allen hasn't proven he can hit a deep pass but if he does it will totally change the dynamic of the entire game. Probably time to take Foster out of moth balls.

• Like (+1) 1

On offense it’s the need for Singletary. Bradham is their best cover LB. If it’s going to be windy we need some RB passes to go for big gains.

On defense we all know we need to stop their TEs. Not sure how they will game plan that if Milano isn’t a full go.

Pocket day for Josh (wide 9). We should use a lot of play-action. Wheel route day for Singletary (hopefully they get the ball to him more). Could see some short passes to Smoke and Beasley go a long way IMO.

Edited by SJDK