The State of Pre Game and Post Game shows...

I decided to start a separate thread after commenting on Gronk being hired for analysis...

Does anyone even watch the Pre Game, Halftime, or Post Game analysts? I may have the TV on but its usually on mute. I cannot stand to watch that crap anymore as Its all just fluff and puff pieces that usually focus on a set few teams. I can get better stuff on youtube watching drunken fans making fools of themselves crying about their teams QB or coaches. 

• Like (+1) 6

I usually will watch the local pregame after listening to WGR before the game. I never watch the half time or post coverage, as I’m looking at other games, fantasy scores or highlights. 

if you’re looking for an alternative on Sundays, check out NFL’s mobile app. You can ever the highlights from each game complete with the broadcast crew’s original play call. There is no fluff, no comments from Pats guys or national media members relentlessly clinging to Brady’s sweaty jock.

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

36 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

The only time I watch any of it is if I'm waiting for the Bills game to start or it's halftime of the Bills game so I can catch up on other games.

Otherwise, the mute button is quickly pressed every time Suzy Kolber introduces a halftime music video.

This is pretty much, me, as well.  If I'm at home, the TV doesn't even come on until about 12:50.  When I have to hit the bar to see the Bills, I get there at noon.  That's the only time I ever watch pre-game stuff and it's half-watching, at best.

People used to watch them because there was only so much access the average fan had to to football. Now, not so much; at all. I'm "only" 38 and I remember waiting for Wednesday's USA Today to get a complete list of NFL stats. This was probably like 96-98. And I'm sure I watched pre game shows because you'd get Sunday, Monday, and Jaws and Sal Pal(I think) doing Edge NFL Matchup on Friday's (I think). Now, I can watch anything, anytime, anywhere. Very different world.

I really don't even think the content of these shows was ever all that great; it was just the only place in town open.

• Like (+1) 6

2 hours ago, thronethinker said:

I decided to start a separate thread after commenting on Gronk being hired for analysis...

Does anyone even watch the Pre Game, Halftime, or Post Game analysts? I may have the TV on but its usually on mute. I cannot stand to watch that crap anymore as Its all just fluff and puff pieces that usually focus on a set few teams. I can get better stuff on youtube watching drunken fans making fools of themselves crying about their teams QB or coaches. 

Yup, pretty much unwatchable.  I've felt that way for five years or more.   I never watch it.   

Those idiots on Fox on Thursday night, broadcasting outside from NYC, high-fiving excited fans as though we were watching the today show are the worst.   

They're all bad. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Yup, pretty much unwatchable.  I've felt that way for five years or more.   I never watch it.   

Those idiots on Fox on Thursday night, broadcasting outside from NYC, high-fiving excited fans as though we were watching the today show are the worst.   

They're all bad. 

I agree and would add the game broadcasters to the mix. Troy Aikman is brutal. He's usually very biased toward one team, comes across a bit whiny and is Captain Obvious at best with his color analysis. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Blaise321 said:

I agree and would add the game broadcasters to the mix. Troy Aikman is brutal. He's usually very biased toward one team, comes across a bit whiny and is Captain Obvious at best with his color analysis. 

Joe Buck makes it hell. The guy announces games like he’s describing Tiger putt at the open. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thronethinker said:

The TV shows, NO. I like WGR pregame but post game with Schopp definitely not.