Gruden didnt want Haskins

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

When you look at who the Redskins had on their coaching staff while Gruden has been the HC, it’s shockingly hilarious he still has his job.  I mean they had some of the top young coaches in the NFL there, headlined by McVay.  

Gruden should be and likely will be first HC fired this year.  

I pray for this Gruden, anybody who can survive 6(?) seasons w that owner has a lot of moxie.....but, everything wears out sooner or later...he deserves a year or two off...to reestablish the what the world is like w/0 Dan Snyder lurking everywhere.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Considering the success of Urban Meyer QBs its understandable, but with teams useing  more college concepts he should have a better shot than those of the past.

Urban Meyer’s college scheme wasn’t used for Haskins so it doesn’t matter in this case. You wouldn’t use any of those concepts. He doesn’t  run - he isn’t even that mobile. He doesn’t run the zone read. He’s a straight up pro style QB. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1847670/report-gruden-didnt-want-to-draft-haskins-overruled-by-owner-snyder 

Consciencly speaking. It's obvious J Gruden has had everything handed to him. Even his philosophy of life, his philosophy or knowledge of football. He believes these things are true. That they will work. He's stubborn with it. Let's call him conservative. Believing what is false. Something his 4 father's invested in him passed down. The whole world knows the truth. His game plan, game planning are below professional standards. He's a indirect coach. My meaning for that is or example. Coach who does not directly correct, disciplin, leading ect.... Then he acts innocent an unaware. PRIVILEGED!. I DARE NOT SAY! He's living his grandfather's dream. He's not passionate about football. Extraordinary coaches use what they have to get what they want. It takes great imagination, passion ect... HE DOESN'T GOT IT! Snyder needs to clean house! Fire Gruden an the one who came up with the Idea to hire him! You're rich man why you holding on to this trash! Are you a hoarder? You need intervention? You need big dose of consideration. Stop betting against your own team.

Consciencly speaking. It's obvious J Gruden has had everything handed to him. Even his philosophy of life, his philosophy or knowledge of football. He believes these things are true. That they will work. He's stubborn with it. Let's call him conservative. Believing what is false. Something his 4 father's invested in him passed down. The whole world knows the truth. His game plan, game planning are below professional standards. He's a indirect coach. My meaning for that is or example. Coach who does not directly correct, disciplin, leading ect.... Then he acts innocent an unaware. PRIVILEGED!. I DARE NOT SAY! He's living his grandfather's dream. He's not passionate about football. Extraordinary coaches use what they have to get what they want. It takes great imagination, passion ect... HE DOESN'T GOT IT! Snyder needs to clean house! Fire Gruden an the one who came up with the Idea to hire him! You're rich man why you holding on to this trash! Are you a hoarder? You need intervention? You need big dose of consideration. Stop betting against your own team.

Dan Snyder is just a rich fan who bought a team & thinks that makes him a football executive.

I could easily see the following having taken place: 

Haskins was more media hype than top prospect. No one talked about him until the end of the year when focus shifted to the draft and there was no top QB prospect .

Sports media needed the big QB prospect for ratings & Haskins fit the bill. He had the stats, frame, arm, and D1 success. Top draft pundits propped him up, other draft pundits repeated what those guys said, and voila, Haskins becomes a top 5 prospect.

Real NFL execs don't pay much mind to media evaluations, but fans do. And Dan Snyder is a fan. So when the media's top 5 prospect fell to 15, Snyder thought it was too good to pass up. The experienced football professionals he hired to run his team disagreed, but he knows better, so he overruled them and pulled the trigger.

Now Washington has a project QB who's nowhere near ready for prime time, with all the pressure and expectations of a first round QB, and a coach who never wanted him.

What they don't have is an impact player they could have taken with the 15th overall pick. 

Jay Gruden will take the fall for failing to make chicken salad out of chicken *****.

• Like (+1) 1

The ever meddling owner.  Remember that Shanahan  didn’t want RG3 but Snyder forced him on him.  

How many playoff games has your team won, Dan?  1-3 in 20 seasons!  At least meddlesome Jerry has won Super Bowls!

Now they announce Colt McCoy is starting!  I think Gruden is trying to get fired. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Gruden is getting a tough rep and is taking the heat for the Redskins' woes, and it's more the fault of people above him. His seat may be hot, but I don't think it's truly warranted. That said, getting axed by the Skins might be the best thing for him. 

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat
  • Like (+1) 1