Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I don't play Allen this week regardless.  Barkley can beat the Titians, so give Allen the bye week to rest and more fully recover from the concussion.

They may be "meh" on offense, but they're a damned good defense. I'm not so sure that our backup can walk into that stadium and come out with a win. Then again, I'm not so sure our first stringer at QB can do that, either...

The problem is that he needs to complete stage 5 and then be cleared by an independent neurologist. Even in the most optimistic of timelines, that means that he gets cleared for full practice on Friday at the earliest. Is this coaching staff going to feel like it's wise to push a QB with one day of practice out onto the field, or is it more likely that they take the cautious approach and sit him against the Titans anyway so that he has three full weeks to recover.

I hope Allen heals fast and plays, and its definitely a good sign that he's already in stage 4 of the protocol. That being said, it's absolutely not a lock that he plays this weekend.

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

We're gonna disagree.  Second impact syndrome is what to watch out for here.  I've seen too many athlete's careers ended by rushing them back after a concussion.

It’s not considered “rushing” if he’s cleared by an independent neurologist 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

We're gonna disagree.  Second impact syndrome is what to watch out for here.  I've seen too many athlete's careers ended by rushing them back after a concussion.

That was before there was a multi stage protocol and independent neurologist clearing players. 

Kelly got knocked out plenty  and have gone right back into games. Big difference  now. 

4 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

WHY IS THIS SO FRIGGIN HARD FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND????

ITS NOT LIKE ITS A GD HAMSTRING!!!!

ITS EITHER YOUR CLEARED OR YOUR NOT!!!!! 

You mad, bro?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Logic said:

They may be "meh" on offense, but they're a damned good defense. I'm not so sure that our backup can walk into that stadium and come out with a win. Then again, I'm not so sure our first stringer at QB can do that, either...

2019 Titians = 2018 Jest.  Bills 41 Titians 10.

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

The problem is that he needs to complete stage 5 and then be cleared by an independent neurologist. Even in the most optimistic of timelines, that means that he gets cleared for full practice on Friday at the earliest. Is this coaching staff going to feel like it's wise to push a QB with one day of practice out onto the field, or is it more likely that they take the cautious approach and sit him against the Titans anyway so that he has three full weeks to recover.

I hope Allen heals fast and plays, and its definitely a good sign that he's already in stage 4 of the protocol. That being said, it's absolutely not a lock that he plays this weekend.

I think if he is cleared tomorrow he can practice tomorrow. I imagine they give him tests early. 

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

They're not, though. They're a middling defense. The one thing they're good at is red zone defense. They ended last year ranked 2nd there. The Bills would benefit from having Josh in for the red zone.

10 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Are we trying to win, or save money?

And I thought Ralph was cheap.

If we had Shady we very well may have won Sunday. Once Gore got up there in carries and we couldn't run because Coach McDermott doesn't trust Yeldon, Shady probably would have broke one on the last drive ala snow game and Bucs game in 2017.

But at least it didn't hurt our cap space.

So you are saying they need to predict Singletary getting injured?

Those who are on the "let him sit so he can watch and learn" train need to quit with that non-sense already

Josh Allen is our guy. Deal with it. His learning will now take place on the field, and if he doesnʻt get it after a full season? See Cardinals

• Like (+1) 1