Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

If the docs say he's good to go, he's good to go.  

My unprofessional medical opinion is that the team docs are pushed to give players a pass even when they might be on the fence (it's the billion-dollar NFL we are talking about).  That's the only thing that worries me because I want Josh to be our guy long term.  

But again, idk ***** about concussions, so I defer to the docs.  

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

So you are saying they need to predict Singletary getting injured?

We need depth.  Football is a game of attrition.  It's not if injuries will happen, but when.  Couple that with your second string RB you're evidently afraid to give the football to and we are where we're at.  Ranks up there in player personnel decisions with Nate Peterman is a starting QB and we'll back him up with a rookie.

11 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

that's fair

You know what's not fair? Cutting up someone's posts so you can remove context in order to misrepresent what was said. At least have the courage to quote the whole thing and bold it. Do us both a favour and stop quoting me unless/until you want to have an actual discussion that doesn't involve BS attempts to put people on blast. 

Edited by VW82
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Capco said:

If the docs say he's good to go, he's good to go.  

My unprofessional medical opinion is that the team docs are pushed to give players a pass even when they might be on the fence (it's the billion-dollar NFL we are talking about).  That's the only thing that worries me because I want Josh to be our guy long term.  

But again, idk ***** about concussions, so I defer to the docs.  

Team docs can’t clear him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, VW82 said:

You know what's not fair? Cutting up someone's posts so you can remove context in order to misrepresent what was said. At least have the courage to quote the whole thing and bold it. Do us both a favour and stop quoting me unless/until you want to have an actual discussion that doesn't involve BS attempts to put people on blast. 

Oh good Lord. That was the portion I wished to address. The rest was fluff. Get over yourself.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Team docs can’t clear him. 

I was referring to whoever was really, but good to know nonetheless.  I thought that was just a game-day thing.  

That's good that they keep them separate though.  

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

We need depth.  Football is a game of attrition.  It's not if injuries will happen, but when.  Couple that with your second string RB you're evidently afraid to give the football to and we are where we're at.  Ranks up there in player personnel decisions with Nate Peterman is a starting QB and we'll back him up with a rookie.

They have what they needed. Just not long ago many didn't want Shady. I highly doubt he would produce in this offense. KC is the fit for him he was done here.

You can't look at what he is doing and think he would do the same here. Singletary will be back and you can find something else to argue about.

Edited by Boca BIlls

12 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yeah. It has to be an independent neurologist. 

been somewhat of a requirement since the one team doctor sewed the tongue of an opposing QB to his cheek

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

They're not, though. They're a middling defense. The one thing they're good at is red zone defense. They ended last year ranked 2nd there. The Bills would benefit from having Josh in for the red zone.

Fair enough. They are 4th in the league in points allowed defensively, if I'm not mistaken. That's huge. As it is, our offense has shown that they can move the ball up and down the field, but have trouble cashing in in the red zone. I agree that having Allen would give them great help in that regard, given the threat that he presents with his legs. Though, to be honest, it'd be nice to see him have a great and complete game AS A PASSER instead of taking brutal hits every week in order to score. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'll take touchdowns any way I can get them, but...after seeing what happened to Allen on Sunday, I'm not exactly eager to watch him diving for 1st downs again.

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

The problem is that he needs to complete stage 5 and then be cleared by an independent neurologist. Even in the most optimistic of timelines, that means that he gets cleared for full practice on Friday at the earliest. Is this coaching staff going to feel like it's wise to push a QB with one day of practice out onto the field, or is it more likely that they take the cautious approach and sit him against the Titans anyway so that he has three full weeks to recover.

I hope Allen heals fast and plays, and its definitely a good sign that he's already in stage 4 of the protocol. That being said, it's absolutely not a lock that he plays this weekend.

I’m sure you’re correct. If he can do film and classroom stuff and full practice Friday he’s gotta be a go though...  I am hoping

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood