Joe B. All-22 From Bengals game

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Best podcast imo is Joe Marino/ Locked on Bills. He’s a Bills fan but objective. Great with analysis imo. 

I just recommended that podcastto my work buddy today! Love it. I also like the focused on the team variety each week as opposed to the banal banter of one bills live, lol. I always thought sal gave a pretty good analysis too...

• Like (+1) 1

Ford was still drafted to be the future RT of this team. Most rookie lineman struggle let alone a tackle

It's alot harder to find a good tackle than it is a guard and that's why he will get the chance to develop through next off-season I suspect

I don't think they are gonna cut bait with him at tackle

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Link?

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/locked-on-bills-daily-podcast-on-the-buffalo-bills/id1145479962

This is either Monday’s or Tuesday’s. He posts one pretty much every weekday morning. I subscribe on my iPhone podcasts app so I just go there to get them but this should work 

or try one of these 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's the most stupidest stat there is because of that.

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Same could be said about the sweeps when he "passes" it to Mckenzie. It probably is in his hands for 1/10 of a second. There are definitely going to be outliers on both ends. 

There are several ways to combat this. But i think the simplest for a guy like Joe B (and his audience) would be to remove the two/three longest and two/three shortest drop backs, and look at the average of those. My guess is, it would do little to Dalton's numbers but significantly reduce Josh's time holding the ball. But even with that, it's not really a good stat, IMO.

2 hours ago, brianthomas said:

And to think that Sal Maiorana wrote a lengthy piece yesterday stating the exact opposite. That Edmunds has appeared lost & out of place & been invisible out there & on film.

Of course it was Sal saying those things :P

I saw that article and wondered what the hell he was seeing.

2 hours ago, zonabb said:

Great observation!!!!! Most of these data and analytics guys have likely never taken elementary stats, much less an advanced stats course. So the tend to report these kinds of numbers without any discussion of the impact outliers have on skew the average. Maybe report the median? Any kid in an intro to stats class will tell you the median is often more telling than the average as it's susceptible to outliers in the data.

Bin them and display them in a histogram.

4 hours ago, DJB said:

Oh I agree that Feliciano has been better no disputing that.

Id actually like to see Feliciano at LG , Cody at RG and Spain on the bench. 

You are beyond high. Spain has been one of the best 2 linemen on the team this year. 

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Edmunds has had a really rough time shedding blocks so far this year.  Still wondering if he’d be best off the ball in the Jamie Collins role.

I rewatched the cincy game closely and Edmunds did struggle shedding blocks and missed angles on the rb. I'm just not convinced he's a mlb. His speed is better suited outside. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DJB said:

Oh I agree that Feliciano has been better no disputing that.

Id actually like to see Feliciano at LG , Cody at RG and Spain on the bench. 

Me too but unfortunately for some players switching from the right side of the line to the left isn't as easy as it is in the Madden 20 depth chart page.  Spain is a turnstile once every few pass plays, he's definitely the least consistent starting OL.  I'm glad he's on a 1 year deal I hope we look to improve the LG position next year in FA or the draft

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, brianthomas said:

And to think that Sal Maiorana wrote a lengthy piece yesterday stating the exact opposite. That Edmunds has appeared lost & out of place & been invisible out there & on film.

Of course it was Sal saying those things :P

It seemed to me that Sal looked at the stats more than the film and came away thinking "5 tackles a game is too few for a good MLB! He must be lost out there!"

Someone remind what Joe Buscaglia's credentials are to be commenting on any sort of football Xs and Os.

He was always a zero when he was commenting on the Bills for WGR-550.

Talked a lot while saying nothing.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

It seemed to me that Sal looked at the stats more than the film and came away thinking "5 tackles a game is too few for a good MLB! He must be lost out there!"

Sal M. is hell of a more informed football writer than Joe B.

That's not based on this particular game or update.  

Just a correct, blanket statement.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

good stuff on Ford at RG, Edmunds progress, how they will replace Harry (Jordan Phillips + Peko)

Yep, this was very clear from just watching the game. The line was doing really well, Allen was hanging on for far too long, and it seemed he was rattled that 2nd half. He pulled it together in time, but 2.94 seconds is much higher than average (but still better than being the league worst last season averaging above 3.1 seconds).

1 minute ago, DJB said:

I know PFF  has him as our best lineman  but I see it differently  

I’m not going by PFF. I’m going by what I see on the field. Very limited with penalties unlike some of his team mates. You don’t hear his name much which is a good thing. He’s not making dumb mistakes or missing plays. If anything you see him out in front in the running game. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Same could be said about the sweeps when he "passes" it to Mckenzie. It probably is in his hands for 1/10 of a second. There are definitely going to be outliers on both ends. 

I'd like to see Josh keep the ball as the option instead, when Mckenzie is in motion.  The defense will bite hard on Mckenzie leaving a receiver wide open.