Week 4: Pats (-7) @ Bills!!

dubs

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

That on a 7 pt line? That seems out of line but I do not bet so what do I know.

I very much agree with you which is why I now have the equivalent of a small sedan on the Bills as of this afternoon

***the views expressed upthread are in no way to be taken as advice nor will I be liable for anyone’s losses incurred from reading about my degeneracy signed the law offices of gobills808***

• Like (+1) 1

I’m probably one of the few that thinks this way but I’m sure I’m not the only one! I am dreading this game because every time we ever have something good going for us, we play the Pats, they destroy us AND leave us with a roster decimated with injuries which effectively complicates the rest of our season and we are usually left a shell of the team that we were prior to playing them. 

So if you ask me, they can have the win. With our schedule I will take 3-1 all day! BUT it’s the injuries I worry about. If we come out of this game unscathed that’s a win for me.

Heck I’d even go as far as saying let the evil genius game plan against Allen’s strengths and weaknesses all week long and then trot Barkley out there on Sunday. Throw a wrench in their game plan. Probably gives us a slightly better chance of pulling off the miracle honestly. And that’s no disrespect to Allen as much as it is just knowing their defense is lights out Belichik is a genius that will expose Allen’s weaknesses all day.......... but he wouldn’t be expecting Matt!

• Like (+1) 1

McDermott has built this defense to beat the Patriots. The Pats haven't seen a defense as close to as fast as the Bills this year. I'm confident about Sunday and am leaning toward picking the Bills. I think they keep the Pats under 22 points, but I'm not sure the offense is going to be able to put up that many on the Pats.

New England tries to play against your greatest strength by exploiting your greatest weakness. On offense that means they will employ a power set (extra OL TE sets) and try to run the ball down our throats. After that barrage and early on they will try to gas our D by going no huddle and spreading us out and playing fast with tempo. 

Against our offense Belichick will sell out against the run & try to force Allen & our offense into a lot of 3rd and long. He will deploy a lot of zone blitzes and force Allen into holding the ball and doubting the coverage he’s seeing. 

Bottomline on defense is we need to do what we do best and invite NE to pass. The key will be playing a lot of underneath zone and knocking the hell out of NE WRs on crossing routes if Brady dares to throw underneath. Edelman got banged up pretty good and may or may not play. Flooding the short zones with heavy coverage will force Brady into holding the ball longer than he’d like & search deeper for WRs down field. He may connect on a few passes but that is okay, provided we hit him as he releases the ball. 

On offense we need to find a way to get 40 carries and 200 yards rushing, milking the clock & finishing our drives with points. NEs defense is built to play down hill & attack. By committing to the run we will effectively wear down the front 7 & win the physical battles on each front. 

If we control the ball 35+ minutes, limit our mistakes to 1 TO or less, and force Brady to hold the ball by taking away his bread and butter we can rattle him with big hits and shake him. Brady was 0-5 last year when his team failed to run for over 96 yards. NE can be beat but it takes a total team effort, and an opportunistic defense that can force Brady off the field.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What kind of boneheaded play was that?? I mean are you an idiot sticking the ball out there like that? Are players that dumb they don't know the only time you can do that is at the goal line when the ball crossing the line immediately signals the play dead??

Marshall Newhouse is protecting the Goat’s backside... the same Marshall Newhouse Buffalo traded last year to Carolina for a “late round conditional 2021 draft pick”.  He couldn’t crack last year’s wretched OL here in Buffalo.

This game is going to be an extremely close, defensive battle.  

Under, Bills +7.

25 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Marshall Newhouse is protecting the Goat’s backside... the same Marshall Newhouse Buffalo traded last year to Carolina for a “late round conditional 2021 draft pick”.  He couldn’t crack last year’s wretched OL here in Buffalo.

This game is going to be an extremely close, defensive battle.  

Under, Bills +7.

Yeah, the Pats Oline is NOT good at this stage. Of course it's been disguised by Bradys quick release and overall caliber of opponent thus far. Michele, the main "between the tackles" runner is averaging something like 2.5 yards per carry. They dont scare me running the ball up the middle. I hope to see Milano flying around the field on the inevitable white/Burkhead dump-offs/screens. 

15 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Then there is but one solution!   Kick Tom Brady'sASS!!!  

Seems he doesn't talk to or about anyone on the team as well!  

Accused Sexual offender (/Rapists,) Serial murderers, drug dealers and drug users, international sex ring operators, spies, cheating ball boys, refusal to obey/phone breakers

Fixed it for you. The HOF gamut of the NE Pats* Championship* run.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

You do realize alot of the lineman the patriots have had over the years are not that great they just benifit from scars coaching. He gets them to play. Go back to 2015 when he was gone and the line was a joke solder wasnt worth a damn

They definitely have a knack for maximizing the talent they have. I was just shocked when I saw Michele's ypc so far.  His longest rush of the year is only 12 yards. Just seems like they're not opening lanes this year and he cant get beyond the D-line in power running situations. I dont expect to see a Brady Sack-a-thon but I think Edmunds and our front 4 hold up and we arent going to be gashed up the middle for 10-14 yards at a clip either.  

15 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

So while a generic 3-0 team might make the playoffs 73.8% of the time, our chances of making the playoffs are significantly lower than that until we're able to compete for a division title.

We have a 2 game lead for the last wildcard spot, at worst. We are in the driver's seat and have 5 games against the Dolphins, Redskins, Jets, and Steelers. If we win those 5 games and 2 more (Browns, Broncos, Ravens, Titans, Eagles - pick 2) some 1-2 team will have to go 8-5 the rest of the way to match our 10-6 record. 

I'll agree 74% is too high for our chances but we are in a very good position.

14 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

If the Bills want to score consistent points against NE, they're going to have to hit big plays to their backs and TEs early and often and force NE to adjust.

Right, which is why we really need Singletary in this one. We aren't going to hit big plays throwing check downs to Frank Gore and TJ Yeldon. This should be the game where we showcase Singletary. Unfortunately I think he will be limited at best, and our offense will be fairly one dimensional. I'd love to be wrong though.