Yep - 36 games & counting not throwing for 300 yards.....

Billsfan1972

3 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Have the 2019 Bills learned to do that?  

I saw a game today where players and coaching allowed an inferior opponent to come back into the game.  

Today's effort will beat teams like NYJ, NYG, and CIN.  It won't against the class of the NFL.  

3 games in and we're seeing some play-calling trends and bad mistakes.  The offense looks shaky at far too many critical moments.  

Come on man.  You're brining me down.

Didn't you hear?  We have a chance next week to reclaim the NFCE.

Let's do it! 

• Haha (+1) 1

I agree, it is a concern.    If this team is going to the next level, then there's going to be games you have to win in a high scoring game.   300 yards in your dad"s nfl was a whole lot different than today, same for the 4000 yards.    Mahommes may go over 6000.   So yeah I want to see a 300 yard  passing day soon.  That would tell me he's developing, seeing the field better and using that big arm to get some big chunk plays.  That being said I think Josh needs more talent at the WR position.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

How is that possible, when the next nearest was 11 games I think?

3-0 vs. teams 1-8 and wins, but certainly nothing convincing.

Let those explain again that qb's & teams throwing for 300 means nothing and further explain how it is a meaningless stat.

Daniel Jones in his first game did it (as did Kyler Murray). 

This is embarrassing...... 

Can the Bills get the monkey off their back? 

Your life must be pretty bad if this is what you do after a 3-0 start.

• Haha (+1) 1

Let those explain again that qb's & teams throwing for 300 means nothing and further explain how it is a meaningless stat.

Stats are stats. Not Wins.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BillsVet said:

Have the 2019 Bills learned to do that?  

I saw a game today where players and coaching allowed an inferior opponent to come back into the game.  

Today's effort will beat teams like NYJ, NYG, and CIN.  It won't against the class of the NFL.  

3 games in and we're seeing some play-calling trends and bad mistakes.  The offense looks shaky at far too many critical moments.  

They had an aggressive play calling that was working and only up 14, started to play call like they were up 28 in the third. 

The end around to McKenzie (like a QB sweep but he flicked it to McKenzie) on 3rd and 1 was an atrocious call. 

There has been complaining about lack of downfield throws but that’s because of the smurf WRs. Longer throws you need a little more target. The good news is that Allen is working on the throws he needs to. The bad news is that they aren’t loading up da bomb that much. He seems to look for it but it’s not there and he checks down. 

The miss to Jones looked bad on replay but he didn’t have time to throw as Zay came  open and had to launch late. 

Jesus, cheer up. Enjoy yourself for a moment. Our defense looks great, our QB has made good progress, and our team is 3-0 with two road wins.

2 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

I agree, it is a concern.    If this team is going to the next level, then there's going to be games you have to win in a high scoring game.   300 yards in your dad"s nfl was a whole lot different than today, same for the 4000 yards.    Mahommes may go over 6000.   So yeah I want to see a 300 yard  passing day soon.  That would tell me he's developing, seeing the field better and using that big arm to get some big chunk plays.  That being said I think Josh needs more talent at the WR position.

I like the WRs he has but he needs at least one big body WR. The TEs are serving that function but even a middling decent bigger guy would help the longer passes. Might have to make due this season unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Come on man.  You're brining me down.

Didn't you hear?  We have a chance next week to reclaim the NFCE.

Let's do it! 

NFCE?

Reality is a dish best served cold.  

McD needs to show up in a way next week like he's never done against BB. 

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

Jesus, cheer up. Enjoy yourself for a moment. Our defense looks great, our QB has made good progress, and our team is 3-0 with two road wins.

I’m thrilled. Just looking at the drive to see Bills-NE this weekend and hoping it’s not the usual drive home from that one. 

I AM SO EMBARRASSED

1 hour ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I would rather win.  What kind of donkey is going to complain about this after going to 3-0?

I think his concern is sustainable winning in a passing league. There were plenty of those stats in the fitz hot start that posters were chastised for pointing out. 

It’s definitely still a red flag but I’d be surprised if it doesn’t change soon as we have a kid that can sling the ball. If he doesn’t hit 300 soon (and a few times) it’d be a big curveball in my expectations for the development of this team 

I know the OP is going back 36 games, but I'm more interested in Josh and his abilities as a QB. Not really thinking about Tyrod/Peterman in 2017. Having said this, it's not really a surprise we didn't hit 300 yds last year. We had one of the worst o-lines in the league last year to go with Peterman, Barkley, Anderson and a rookie. Arizona and Houston may be in the running, but we were bottom 3 in o-line talent/performance. Throw in one of the worst WR corps in the league and that's a recipe for sub 300 yd games. This year, we are breaking in a new o-line, WR corp and RB stable. Did I mention all new Te's? I mean, we have Josh, Zay and Dawkins back from last year's starters. We're in week 3. It's gonna take a little time for a whole new offensive unit to gel. To be 3-0 with this scenario is amazing, I don't care who we played. I know this can be seen as  bunch of excuses to not reach 300 yds passing, but I see them as reasons. I have no doubt we will improve offensively as the season progresses. In the meantime, I'm loving the hell out of the season so far.

Edited by Dopey

Again missing the point.  This is the offensive philosophy and again shows Bills fans have been down so long, the smallest glimmer of hope and they can't see the bigger issue.

This team needs to show it can score more points & not be in life & death struggles vs. The Jets & Bengals.....

It's hilarious to me that after a great last minute defensive stand in the home opener to remain undefeated, this is the post you come up with.

250 yards per game puts you at 4000 on the year.    That's Josh's pace right now, a 4k passing total in his first full NFL season.    

I'd worry more about our offensive line without Feliciano and the poor play of Cody Ford thus far.   Josh definitely won't get your 300 yard season for you if the line protects like it did today.