TNF thread

Just now, Phil The Thrill said:

Marcel Dareus sucks.  He’s getting stood up on every play.  Little penetration.  A shell of his former 2014 self

We won that transaction, hands down.

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Marshawn has a good recipe 

sippin that purple oil like paul wall

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Is this the same Titans team that slapped the Browns around? Tough to get a feel on what's what.

Yeah, that’s the early part of the NFL season for you. I get the feeling the Titans are an average team without a legit QB, but there’s a chance the Browns are just bad. 

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, that’s the early part of the NFL season for you. I get the feeling the Titans are an average team without a legit QB, but there’s a chance the Browns are just bad. 

I'd be fine if they were somewhere between bad and good. The hype machine went overboard with them. The O-line may be the Achilles heel despite all the buzz about the skill positions.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

The genius of Doug Marrone:

See and 8 defenders in the box.  Run the ball up the middle.  Repeat 

This Marrone vs Vrabel game is a clinic in outdated uninformed NFL coaching. Something about former Pats assistant coaches too (Vrabel), they just seem to coach the most boring brand of football. 

Edited by SirAndrew

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

I feel like it is that every year and has been that every year since refs were first instituted.

It's always been bad, but it has changed in that the game becomes more and more overly officiated all the time.

They need to do a reset and change how games are called.

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If the NFL fired every ref and replaced them with people off the street, would it be any different?

Yes, because the media would portray it as a disaster and everyone would believe it. Just as what happened with the Fail Mary and the replacement refs. They didn’t do any worse than the real guys. They were just smeared in the press, so the average fan thought they were terrible. So your answer is no to the original question. 

Edited by SirAndrew

8 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

That call was total BS.  What more can the defender do?

At what point does a defender just way, !@#$ it, if I get called for a penalty if I do everything right, I might as well just drill the QB and get my money’s worth. 

Just now, dubs said:

At what point does a defender just way, !@#$ it, if I get called for a penalty if I do everything right, I might as well just drill the QB and get my money’s worth. 

I've been calling for someone on the Bills to do that to Tom Brady for years now.

• Like (+1) 1