Bills least valuable NFL franchise per Forbes

TroutDog

4 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Just look at the winning teams Patriots were never valued that high until they started winning. Just simple facts.

Again, new fancy stadium.  Exactly coincided with the winning.  

The New England Patriots played their home games at Foxboro Stadium through 2001, then moved to Gillette Stadium at the start of the 2002 season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Patriots

The Chiefs win a lot, why aren't they in the top 10 and the Jets are?  Oh yeah, the Chiefs stadium is as old as ours.  Saints are at 25 and they've won a ton over the last 15 years.  Their stadium is older than ours too.

When it comes to team value, the stadium plays in heavy.  Wins/losses doesn't hurt, but far from the deciding factor.

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

The Chiefs win a lot, why aren't they in the top 10 and the Jets are?  Oh yeah, the Chiefs stadium is as old as ours.  Saints are at 25 and they've won a ton over the last 15 years.  Their stadium is older than ours too.

When it comes to team value, the stadium plays in heavy.  Wins/losses doesn't hurt, but far from the deciding factor.

Cheifs are higher up[ there b/c they win. If they lost as much as the Bills they would be even lower. WINNING plays a huge part in small market teams. You are basically proving my point by trying to not prove it, thanks.

Edited by Boca BIlls

2 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Cheifs are higher up[ there b/c they win. If they lost as much as the Bills they would be even lower. WINNING plays a huge part in small market teams. You are basically proving my point by trying to not prove it, thanks.

Did you read the article?  Chiefs are #24.  Saints are #25.  What do they have in coming besides winning a lot?

Jets are #8.  Washington is #7.  What do they have in common besides losing a lot?

11 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I would argue that population reached by television signal reached is most important and where the Bills perhaps get short changed especially when considering Southern Ontario.  As to the Pats the Boston Metro is just under 5 million people and then you have to consider other states and cities in New England. New England collectively is a large market and has quite a bit of wealth.  Contrast that with Pittsburgh or Indianapolis which have modern stadiums but have far less population to be reached and not overly rich into the country side.  JMO.

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Did you read the article?  Chiefs are #24.  Saints are #25.  What do they have in coming besides winning a lot?

Jets are #8.  Washington is #7.  What do they have in common besides losing a lot?

Jest, Cowpokes and Washington have moronic owners - does this mean value is inversely connected to owner common sense?

Just now, Limeaid said:

Jest, Cowpokes and Washington have moronic owners - does this mean value is inversely connected to owner common sense?

Not necessarily.

Stadiums have value.  Billions of dollars of value.  And while those guys are moronic, they are great business men which is how they got enough scratch together to buy a team (and coax the local yokels into building them a new stadium).

Do you think a stadium's value has anything to do with the team's value?

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Not necessarily.

Stadiums have value.  Billions of dollars of value.  And while those guys are moronic, they are great business men which is how they got enough scratch together to buy a team (and coax the local yokels into building them a new stadium).

Do you think a stadium's value has anything to do with the team's value?

Definitely should be a factor and more so if privately owned

4 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Yup. In the recent Athletic article, he told the guy who managed the purchase to offer what would definitively be the highest bid. They did it intentionally and their investment is now up $.5b dollars. 

Not bad. 

I’m ashamed to admit that I have made somewhat less over that same period of time. Approximately $.5b dollars less. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

At best your comparison is apples and oranges.  Dallas has huge corporate money that can help fill that stadium.  Dallas has an unemotional, oversized cavern like structure to play football in.  Personally, I hate it.

If you want tot see a real stadium full of real fans go out to Orchard Park.

There will need to be something done with the stadium situation in Buffalo.  I pray that it is a major overhaul of what they have and not a new downtown venue. 

In Dallas, after a great play is made, there is like a 2- 3 second difference to the cheering for the most part. That is the delay between the actual play and what happened on the jumbotron. A lot of fans just watch the game on that lol.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

how long until that idiot Florio runs with this article to back up his dream of the Bills moving to Toronto?

That and drive through Westfield, Wellsville, Warsaw, and Webster screaming out the window of his SUV that the locals are too poor to have a team.

5 hours ago, teef said:

I’m pretty sure the 1.4 b he used to purchase the team was considered an over buy at the time.  That’s one fancy toy. 

For sure! The operating costs of an NFL franchise are enormous. Being up 500 mil after a few short years isn’t too shabby thou. Im surprised we are worth less than JAX, KC, and a few others.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

they aren't "wrong" because their values don't matter in reality

It's almost impossible to gather the information of a private enterprise, let alone all 32 teams to come up with a useful value, zero credibility in this report

Forbes does this all the time, they guess at values of teams, they guess at the richest people in the world, it's a fun thing to publish, but if you won't stand by the opinion in reality, it's worthless. 

okay Doc, if you are working professionally in this field you can have an opinion besides reading the headline and going "WOW WHAT A GENIUS!!"

What an odd statement.  Is it something personal against Pegula, or just Forbes, that set you off?

And when Pegula bought it, primarily for the purpose of keeping the team in Buffalo for at least Kim's lifetime, he obviously knew the value of the franchise would rise as most NFL franchises do over time.  Consider it like signing a player at a huge contract now and it being a bargain in a couple years. 

But what do you think is the true valuation of the Bills?  Because I have no qualms saying that if the Pegulas were to put the team up for sale, they'd get at least $1.9B. 

5 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

The Packers true market is deceptive.  The very SE portion of Wisconsin is Chicago oriented and the Packers have a following in the state of Minnesota as they predate the Vikings by decades.  But yes Madison, Milwaukee, etc. are Packer territory.

I (respectfully) disagree with this.  I spend a fair amount of time in SE Wisconsin.  I'm actually going to be in Milwaukee tomorrow.  I also lived in Chicago for many years.  Kenosha (the SE border of WI and IL) and Racine (the next city to the north) are all very much Packer territory.  The folks in those areas have a term called "FIBS"  - "Fuc*&ing Illinois Bast*#ds."  They strongly dislike Chicago and Illinois.  They are all about Wisconsin and love the Packers.  

I do agree that there are some Packer fans in Minnesota as Wisconsin and Minnesota share a border and the Packers have a longer history.

7 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

At best your comparison is apples and oranges.  Dallas has huge corporate money that can help fill that stadium.  Dallas has an unemotional, oversized cavern like structure to play football in.  Personally, I hate it.

If you want tot see a real stadium full of real fans go out to Orchard Park.

There will need to be something done with the stadium situation in Buffalo.  I pray that it is a major overhaul of what they have and not a new downtown venue. 

To be fair though their stadium fits within the culture of the state...they have highschools stadiums in Texas worth millions with state of the art facilities ..Texas is all about grandeur when it comes to sports