Is Josh Allen a Top 6 QB in the AFC?

elijah

10 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Watson is a statue of Bledsoesque proportions and that will always hold him back and prevent him from reaching elite status.  In a redraft today, I draft Allen over Watson. 

You obviously missed Watson's 21 yard TD run against the Saints in Week 1.

6 hours ago, MR8 said:

What makes me sick is #1 and #5 on your list are the guys we passed on to get the picks to get Allen the following year... 

6 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Watson was Whaley’s guy, if he stayed and made the pick. Whaley was “in love” with Watson. This is why I think Whaley was simply not allowed to pick a QB in that draft. They obviously knew he was being fired and wanted that decision in the hands of the new front office. Mahomes was never, ever the guy. If you want to play that game then you would need to have replaced the entire front office a year earlier. The real comparison, therefore, is Allen vs Watson. Watson is definitely ahead now. But he is no where near out of reach. I have a suspicion Allen in year 3 could be just as good as Watson in year 3. 

If you read the article a couple weeks back about how the Bills came to pick Allen , McD talked about how he didn't want to select a QB the first year as felt only being HC for 3 months hadn't had enough time to study QB's.  Was busy putting together staff, etc.

It does imply for anyone who questions it or doubts who was really calling the shots in that draft.

It's gotten interesting with Luck retiring and Big Ben out.

Brady is alone

Mahomes is catching up

Watson is a stud behind a terrible OL (Luck 2.0?)

Rivers keeps compiling numbers, but injuries and hold outs are adding up.

After that it is mud. Who will crawl out of the mud?

I'll take JA in the top 8 for certain.

5 hours ago, H2o said:

The Giants may have shown a ***** in the armor yesterday in the 2nd half. Every time we lined up in those Spread formations they brought more rushers than the OL could handle. That's when we started struggling on offense, but Daboll kept running the same things until our last TD drive. You can bet BB took notice. We will have to be balanced against NE and win the TOP battle if we want to have any chance. To try and get into an up-tempo shootout with NE would be foolish. I want to see if the offense has an answer for that this week when we play Cincy because hopefully Daboll took notice as well. 

Seriously, it edited out c h i n k from c h i n k in the armor?

It seems like we try and beat NE with a balanced attack and don't take any chances and we lose every time. We will never beat the Patriots at their own game. We need to go for it on 4th downs, blitz a lot on defense, and go for 2 every chance we get. 

I honestly don't think Lamar Jackson is better than Josh. I just haven't seen him throw the ball enough to be convinced. I and others said after last year, that he could be RG3 part 2. First two weeks this year don't tell me anything, as he's played the Dolphins and the Cardinals. I need to see a couple more weeks of him throwing the football. 

I'd say the same about Josh if he was still playing like last year. But he's proving that he can be a pocket passer, in addition to his ability on the ground.