Week 3: Bills (-6) v Bengals

dubs

2 minutes ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

with the big ben news today, Bungles actually have something to get motivated for this week...their week 4 game is the MNF vs Pitt.  The new coach must know 1-2 looks a lot better than 0-3 going into that game

The Ravens look like the only good team so far in the division.  Lets see what the Browns display tonight..

3 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I never look at Bills games and think "easy win" (except for against Miami this year), but I'm actually more confident about a win this week than I was going into the Giants game. Green may not play, with a division matchup with Pittsburgh coming in week 4, and if he does, he won't be 100%. 

I see Bills -7 by Sunday, but fail to cover. 26-20 Bills

I never worried about getting wins in either of the first two games.  Maybe because I get a lot of coverage of each of the Giants and Jets down here.

Yesterday, it looked like a halfway decent Giants' o-line was able to give Manning some time to throw.  Giants have no decent healthy receivers and Dalton is a bit better than Eli these days.  Cinci has over 600 yards passing in their first two games (first one in Seattle, in their home opener, with their good D)

Cinci's d-line is pretty good, and our line hasn't gellled yet.  I doubt Singletary will play, so our running game will likely suffer a bit.

I worry about this week, and I wouldn't bet this game (were I a betting man).

I haven't seen an important factor discussed that much that's hurt the OL a bit in the first 2 games - false start penalties.   We expected an acclimation period for the OL which never practiced as a unit until the first regular season snap.  It didn't help that the first two games were on the road in a noisy stadium.  I fully expect the OL to play even better this week in front of the home crowd, which should help Josh to gain a bit more confidence in his protection.   He was not rattled in his three scoring drives in the first half and I can't see Bengals generating the same front 4 pressure that Jets and Giants did.  

Dalton has thrown up some numbers this year but it's most likely from playing from behind.

The Bengals have a total of 59 yards rushing in their first two games combined!

1.8 yards per carry.

I like how the Bills defense matches up.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The Bengals remind me of the Jets in week 1:

QB that is capable of playing really well

Solid group of WRs

Good young RB that can catch passes too

Shaky OL

This is going to be another tough matchup

It's going to be tougher than the Giants, but I don't think itll even be as tough as the Jets. Bengals D is average at best and they cannot run the ball....and most importantly, we are at home. 3-0

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Solid group of WRs

Shaky OL

Their OL is much worse than the Jets imo. Of course the Bills could still lose (to anyone) but they are pretty bad. 

Just now, PaattMaann said:

It's going to be tougher than the Giants, but I don't think itll even be as tough as the Jets. Bengals D is average at best and they cannot run the ball....and most importantly, we are at home. 3-0

Mixon is a very good back and can break loose at any time.

I know that their D didn't look good yesterday, but they have some solid DL guys and their secondary is very capable.

This is hardly a lock.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GG said:

I haven't seen an important factor discussed that much that's hurt the OL a bit in the first 2 games - false start penalties.   We expected an acclimation period for the OL which never practiced as a unit until the first regular season snap.  It didn't help that the first two games were on the road in a noisy stadium.  I fully expect the OL to play even better this week in front of the home crowd, which should help Josh to gain a bit more confidence in his protection.   He was not rattled in his three scoring drives in the first half and I can't see Bengals generating the same front 4 pressure that Jets and Giants did.  

Silent counts paired with lack of continuity are to blame for the penalties.  Playing at home with normal cadence should elevate that some.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I know that their D didn't look good yesterday, but they have some solid DL guys and their secondary is very capable.

This is hardly a lock.

It would be a horrible loss but there are no locks in the nfl 

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

This is hardly a lock.

Hasn't shown it yet this year. A lot of factors go into productive RBs, and it isnt clicking for the Bengals right now. 

D-line is decent, so have the two we have already played and beat. 

Better offense for sure than we have played, but we have a real good D, and being at home will be a nightmare for the Bengals. 

As we all know, nothing in the NFL is ever a lock....but this game, on paper, to me, looks like a safer bet than the first two. 

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Solid group of WRs

Shaky OL

Their WRs are much better than the Jets'. Fortunately our pass D is top notch, plus as you said their OL is shaky and can be feasted on.

Their D, on the other hand, is atrocious outside of some good DL (and Preston Brown lol). I think the game still favors us quite a bit given how well we have played as a team so far. Let's get to 3-0!

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

Their WRs are much better than the Jets'. Fortunately our pass D is top notch, plus as you said their OL is shaky and can be feasted on.

Their D, on the other hand, is atrocious outside of some good DL (and Preston Brown lol). I think the game still favors us quite a bit given how well we have played as a team so far. Let's get to 3-0!

Front 4 is pretty good, LBs bad. Sam Hubbard awesome. Jesse Bates and William Jackson good. OL brutal. WRs ok. Better than NYG, not as good as Jets week 1. Coaching really shaky. Bills D especially will be very juiced for home opener which will be rough for Bengals.

Edited by YoloinOhio

This is going to be a true test believe it or not.

It has trap game written all over it.

With the Pats coming to town the following week, and how bad Cinci lost last week at home, a PO'd Bengal team is coming to town and we can't afford to take them lightly if we aren't focused on the task at hand.

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

This is hardly a lock.

It's going to be brutally loud the first few series for them.  Not sure how they game plan the start of the game.

I would think they would want to get Mixon involved early.  I would be a little shocked if they start by attacking the Bills secondary.

This being the home opener I see the Bills focused and playing hard.  Really hard.