Week 3: Bills (-6) v Bengals

dubs

Through the first 2 games Cincy is ranked 32nd in rushing, avg 1.8 ypa and have a grand total of 59 rushing yards.

If this trend continues Cincy is looking into the strength of our D and Dalton is going to have a very long day.

Bills 34-10

• Like (+1) 1

I like how the Offense is trending. they really should have put up 27 on the Jets, but for the TOs. Without the TOs, they put up 28 on the Giants. Assuming no let down, they should put 30+ on the board in their first home game against another middling D. Hopefully we'll see some big plays too. 

The D showed they corrected their #1 weakness, the Run, by shutting down Bell and Barkley (for 3 quarters).  I think they hold the Bengals to < 20.

i don't care if Taron Johnson and singletary miss this game, but I sure hope they'll be back fr week 4....

Edited by TPS
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

I agree.  Don't really follow them but Andy Dalton is completing for a lot of yards.  Have to hope our "D" can control that.  They're 0-2, but those are the type games you have to be concerned about.

No they're not. You're concerned by choice.

6 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

That would require McD to not take the foot off the pedal and go conservative after only a two score lead.

You mean like calling 10 passes to 4 runs in the 3rd quarter yesterday?  Because that's what happened.  It's hard to sustain drives when you have false start penalties and your TE drops a perfect pass over the middle.  The Bills weren't successful offensively in the 3rd quarter but it was most certainly not because McD "went conservative."

As for the Cinci game, they've put up a ton of production through the air over two weeks, but pass defense is the Bills' strength.  This will be the second straight week the Bills enter a game knowing they "should" win, but I'm sure many of us are understandably apprehensive since we haven't been in this position in a while.

• Like (+1) 9

Historically, with the odd exception in more recent times, we've beaten the Bungles at home, while losing to them in Cinci. They are certainly going to be 'up for it', as 0 - 3 is where nobody wants to be, except probably the Fish.

It won't be an easy game, but again, it should be one we can, and ought, to win.

47 minutes ago, TPS said:

I like how the Offense is trending. they really should have put up 27 on the Jets, but for the TOs. Without the TOs, they put up 28 on the Giants. Assuming no let down, they should put 30+ on the board in their first home game against another middling D. Hopefully we'll see some big plays too. 

The D showed they corrected their #1 weakness, the Run, by shutting down Bell and Barkley (for 3 quarters).  I think they hold the Bengals to < 20.

i don't care if Taron Johnson and singletary kiss this game, but I sure hope they'll be back fr week 4....

I'd rather they didn't. I don't think it's part of the process.

• Haha (+1) 1

I put zero stock into the historical context between these two teams in their matchups in recent years. This Bills team is much better built and coached than they were in recent matchups, and the Bengals are not as talented and well coaches as they were in those matchups. Marvin Lewis is gone, and say what you will about his postseason record, he was a pretty good coach, and the continuity they had with his long tenure there is gone. The Bengals still have a few good pieces, but there's a lot of newness there, which should lead to inconsistency early on in tbe process. They looked atrocious yesterday on both sides of the ball, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills worked in some wide 9 on defense if the Bengals need to play catch up late, to mimic some of what the 49ers had success with. 

I never look at Bills games and think "easy win" (except for against Miami this year), but I'm actually more confident about a win this week than I was going into the Giants game. Green may not play, with a division matchup with Pittsburgh coming in week 4, and if he does, he won't be 100%. 

I see Bills -7 by Sunday, but fail to cover. 26-20 Bills

Bills 31 cincy 17

Go Bills!!!

Being that all games are must win games, I suspect SM will keep the guys humble and hungry. Never ever believe your own press clippings. Be alert, no lapses in concentration, protect the ball, catch the ball, win in the trenches, we win.

Go Bills!!!

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Also, the risk of mono

and a pulled Spleen string,