Week 3: Bills (-6) v Bengals

dubs

13 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Allen hasn’t arrived yet. We’ve yet to see him have a 300yd game let alone a 350 or 400 yard one. The Bills are very much a defensive driven team. If our defense gives up points early on against a seasoned Bengals offense, can Allen lead us back? Is he there yet in his development as a player? 

I stand and by it. If our defense stands strong, we win. If they do not, I think Buffalo loses this one. This will not be an easy game for us, Dalton is a seasoned vet with playoff experience.

I agree that the Bills secondary and defense in general need a good game against Dalton and the Bengals.

I'm just saying that the Bills offense needs to show up too.  Bills O could get shut down with 6 points or they could put up 30+.

It's football and that's what makes it fun and unpredictable.

Go Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

bengals have no run game as of yet but their pass game seems to put up some yards.  Just as we were worried about barkley we should be worried about boyd and ross.  those guys can break one. 

They had to pass all day yesterday and abandoned the run because they were behind. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes, that would be very bad news. They need to be able to beat Andy Dalton at home. Sorry. If they don’t its a bad loss and you move on. 

They almost beat Seattle. They may not be a great running team but they got decent passing protection, good receivers and Dalton throwing the ball. He’s 68-52 as a starter. 

Pride comes before fall, let’s not let our arrogance undo us.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

They almost beat Seattle. They may not be a great running team but they got decent passing protection, good receivers and Dalton throwing the ball. He’s 68-52 as a starter. 

Pride comes before fall, let’s not let our arrogance undo us.

There is zero arrogance. I don’t know where you get that, at all. They almost beat Seattle because Seattle played poorly until the 4th qtr. They had no film of them under Zac. They didn’t expect them to come out throwing it all over. 

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

true but week one they didn't run either.  they seem to be going with a very lop sided pass game.  

Mixon got banged up week 1 too. Not sure what Taylor is doing yet. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

I’ve always respected Dalton since his days at TCU, the guy is no bull####. Our defense is very young, our nuclei is very young. We should and will win if our defense stands tall.

sorry, dalton hasn't done much since 2014, the last time his team was in the playoffs.

his playoff record is nothing to brag about either.  

Andy Dalton’s playoff stats: 0-4-0, 57.8 passer rating, 873 yards, 1 TD, 6 INT.

defense should take care of business, this isn't the early career dalton they're facing. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

true but week one they didn't run either.  they seem to be going with a very lop sided pass game.  

Which seems to be Zac Taylor's philosophy.  His limited time in Miami they were 32nd in rushing attempts.

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out to start Sunday.

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Wendy's Chili is better than Skyline chili.  It's such a disappointment.  Weak flavor,  etc.  

Wendy’s beats that crap hands down! Who wants a runny chili with cinnamon in it? Not me! Even after we closed the bars in college I stayed away from that stuff. Almost anything (or nothing) is a better option!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Bet it, Bills -6 and take the Over fellas!!!!

Bills 34 -Bungles 17

Hope you’re right!!!  

I’m almost more excited to see the crowd on Sunday. Going to be wild!!

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, dubs said:

Hope you’re right!!!  

I’m almost more excited to see the crowd on Sunday. Going to be wild!!

Same here. I'm scrambling trying to figure out a way to get up there from NC because it is going to be LOUD.

3 hours ago, TPS said:

No, but I am getting old, so it's getting difficult to remember all of the many, many TBDisms.... 

I'll boil it down to one simple statement -- there is really no such thing as a  "trap game."  Teams favored to win their next game against an "inferior" opponent do so at the same rate whether or not there is a perceived "big game" the following week on their schedule.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1