9/15 Bills at Giants Postgame Thread

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

My son and I spent a lot of time talking about that one in the moment. It was special and shows Josh’s ceiling, the reason they drafted him. I don’t know where his floor is, but his ceiling is ridiculous! 

That’s what makes Josh do special to me. We have no idea what his ceiling is...he keeps playing like this they are going to move the Sistine Chapel to Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yep. I don't think he is even all that good. Pretty good, maybe middle of the pack.

Regardless of what’s around him, he’s made some extremely athletic plays.... but I honestly don’t care enough to take it much further than this.

just glad we have one that can do it 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

We had 10 offensive plays in the 3rd qtr, 7 of the plays were pass attempts.  Is your problem that we didn't run the ball enough in the 3rd?

Why?

I didn't have a problem with what the Bills did I was just pointing out that they seemed to down shift the offense in the 3rd quarter and this was by design.  I also believe that it will come back to bite them in the ass at some point.  But over the course of an entire season this type of strategy, given how good the defense is, will probably lead to more wins then losses. 

And even though they were still throwing the ball they seemed to do it more out of 2 TE sets with a FB and it didn't seem like they were using their whole playbook.  And as others have pointed out the Bills O got sloppy in the 3rd quarter with a dropped pass and a couple of false start penalties.  But I'm fine with this while at the same time I was frustrated by it as well.  

Like I posted earlier - my heart says keep the pedal to the metal while my head says the Bills managed the game in the right way.

5 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Here's my deal:

I've watched this team for going on 30 years now. 17 of that was in utter futility.

This team has shown me several key things that I haven't seen in those 17 years:

1) The ability to close out wins.

2) The ability to come back from mistakes

3) ACTUAL ***** QUARTERBACKING

Do people like you (nitpickers) have the ability to see the forest for the God-foresaken trees?

I don't know. I'm very concerned the Bills didn't score a TD on every drive. Might have to clean house.

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I didn't have a problem with what the Bills did I was just pointing out that they seemed to down shift the offense in the 3rd quarter and this was by design.  I also believe that it will come back to bite them in the ass at some point.  But over the course of an entire season this type of strategy, given how good the defense is, will probably lead to more wins then losses. 

And even though they were still throwing the ball they seemed to do it more out of 2 TE sets with a FB and it didn't seem like they were using their whole playbook.  And as others have pointed out the Bills O got sloppy in the 3rd quarter with a dropped pass and a couple of false start penalties.  But I'm fine with this while at the same time I was frustrated by it as well.  

Like I posted earlier - my heart says keep the pedal to the metal while my head says the Bills managed the game in the right way.

They didn't shift anything down. It was penalties and pressure on Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

You know what I think is truly amazing about what we are witnessing with Josh Allen? The biggest knock on this organization has always been that they never developed a QB in their entire history...well, watching one of the rawest QB’s to ever come out of college develop the way he has, is a thing of beauty- and should be an inspiration to the rest of the league...Because all the odds were stacked against Allen, based on the numbers.

I’m not saying he has arrived yet, because he still has a ways to go...but Allen has certainly surpassed where most analysts thought he could go...and that, in itself, is very gratifying, because he is only going to get better.

Enjoy the ride, Bills fans! ?

• Like (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

You know what I think is truly amazing about what we are witnessing with Josh Allen? The biggest knock on this organization has always been that they never developed a QB in their entire history...well, watching one of the rawest QB’s to ever come out of college develop the way he has, is a thing of beauty- and should be an inspiration to the rest of the league...Because all the odds were stacked against Allen, based on the numbers.

I’m not saying he has arrived yet, because he still has a ways to go...but Allen has certainly surpassed where most analysts thought he could go...and that, in itself, is very gratifying, because he is only going to get better.

Enjoy the ride, Bills fans! ?

Think the credit goes to Allen for working on his flaws and being able to keep his chin up.  Bills didn't exactly set him up to succeed last year. Somehow he got through last year and ended it on a upward trajectory.  Seems to be on a good track and hopefully we will see him get better at the mental part of being a qb.  Physically there is no doubt he can be a elite qb

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, mrags said:

Do you have anything bad to say at all? Like just because they won they were perfect in every aspect? 

Seriously, they won another game. A road game. Great. They found a way to do it today. 

But there is no denying they were invisible on offense in the entire 3rd Q. If that’s coaching, play calls, execution, etc. it’s a cause for concern. The way they played, they allowed the Giants with an open door to walk right through it and get back into the game. They didn’t. Great. But let’s not think we were perfect today. If we want to compete and beat teams like the Chiefs, Patriots, or Saints, we need to do better and be more consistent. 

If your standard is perfection perhaps you should readjust your expectations.  No team is perfect.  It is about winning, and the outcome of this game was never is doubt after the first quarter.  Room for improvement? Sure.  Believe it or not, every team can say the same thing.  

7 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

the Giants board was impressed that Josh Allen kicked their butts with "expansion team" receivers

Even when healthy/not suspended, the Giants have Sterling Shepard and Golden Tate.   I’m not sure that’s much, if at all, better than John Brown and Cole Beasley. 

4 hours ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Could someone tell the NFL network that the Bills and Giants played today ? See the Pats and Steelers 3-4 times now and no highlights from our game. Guess the wrong team won

I was channel surfing but managed to catch those same highlights multiple times.  I thought it was random bad timing.