9/15 Bills at Giants Postgame Thread

59 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

I just thought about Primetime coming back tonight and Berman talking Bills?

I was excited too - but then saw it's ESPN+ which I think is subscription

• Sad 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Real mfing NFL QB yeh boy 

Hell yeah !! Allen is legit, and im just guessing, but i bet his complication percentage was 70%.

we finally have the real deal at QB and the next 15-20 yrs are going to be great and those who cant see that are willingly ignorant.

• Like (+1) 1

Here are some random comments on this game:

*  Get used to what we did in the 3rd quarter because when we're on the road in the 2nd half up by 2 scores we're not going to hand a team a score by being overly aggressive on offense.  This is how the Bills are built.  Great defense that is very difficult to drive 75 yards for a TD on.  Now once the lead is cut to one score then they take the shackles off and get more aggressive on offense.  At home though, look for the Bills to go for the kill when they get up by 10 - 14 points.

*  Allen was superb today.  The growth we're seeing in this kid from game to game is astonishing.  He threw 30 passes and had only 2 bad throws - the deep overthrow to Brown and the quick slant to Foster.  He had a couple of smart throw away passes and about 15 perfect throws all over the field.  Allen has shown me through just two games that he can make EVERY throw accurately now.  Think about that for a moment - he is accurately throwing EVERY type of pass.  Allen's accuracy "issues" have officially entered the land of make believe. Allen is accurate.

*  On the topic of Allen, that TD drive in the 4th quarter after the Giants had cut the lead to 7 was a thing of beauty.  The 3rd down conversion where Allen put a move on a Giants defensive lineman to get outside would have made Thurman Thomas proud.  And the throw was a carbon copy of a whole bunch of clutch passes he threw while on the run at Wyoming.

*  On the topic of the O-line I thought they struggled at times and the false start penalties contributed to our lackluster 3rd quarter.  BUT, Mitch Morse is an awesome center.  His downfield run blocking is amazing and have you noticed that there isn't a lot of immediate pressure on Allen up the middle.

*  Beasley & Brown have been amazing through 2 games.  And was it me or did Zay Jones drop a great TD throw by Allen? 

*  Dawson Knox had a highlight reel block on McKenzie's TD.

*  Edmunds is very close to becoming a dominant middle LB.  That almost pick six was incredible for what it showed about our 250 pound MLB's athleticism & speed.  Truly awesome.

* As far as playing 4 great quarters?  Do people watch any other NFL games?  I mean KC was down 10 - 0 in the 1st quarter to Oakland! 

*  One final thought - going back to last weeks 4th quarter performance our offense has looked very explosive.  With 9 new guys and a 2nd year QB they have the potential to be a real force in the 2nd half of the season.  That 98 yard drive today in the 2nd quarter was sublime. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Seems every network could care less about the Bills. Fine be me- just stinks for folks looking for more analysis and additional highlights.

You just have to wait for local outlets like corner 1 and others to get your fill of analysis

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And then people got moany about the Giants 2nd TD drive and the Bills playing "soft". Again it amazes me how people watch this team every week and don't understand its schemes. The Bills defense is about keeping things infront of them and not giving up the big play. But they obviously wanted to commit a lot of people to near the line to take away Barkley. If you have 7 guys up near the line consistently and you are trying to keep it infront of you then numbers dictate you can't play heavy press man on the outside and you. are going to have to play a little softer zone. The Bills plan is always "if you are going to score against us you are going to have to drive the length of the field to do so." 14 points up entering the 4th Qrtr the Bills were even more inclined to try and keep the game in front of them. The Giants took 12 plays and over 6 minutes on that drive. Yes I think our outside corners would have hope to have played a little better - especially on that drive - but at that stage if you are going to give a drive up you give that sort of drive up that takes time off and not a quick strike drive trying to be over aggressive.

The defense for the most part shut Manning down. It controlled Barkley. And the offense at times looked really good. Allen had a really good game. The Bills are 2-0 and 2-0 on the road. Life is good. 

the worst part of that drive, people complaining for the lack of pass rush, Manning got rid of very quickly on that drive, Giants' WR made several contested catches on that drive. Sometimes the other team step up and challenge you to do the same. And we did.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsMagic1 said:

We could very well be a surprise SB team....

Glad we came back against the Jets and glad we beat the Giants... but neither win is giving me a ton of confidence that this team (or coaching staff) is ready for a playoff birth/run.  We beat two relatively weak teams. Need to compete for 4 quarters against true contenders. 

I was disappointed in how conservative we got in the second half today. Could’ve cost us the game.  We seem to be a better team when there is a true sense of urgency.  Its almost like our coaches didn’t know what to do when we had the lead... and it got really really bad at a few points. Need to clean that up. 

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Frank is a beast !!! Was a little wrecking ball today. Love how he ran that guy over to score.

He's smart to.  On the run that got us the 1st down and sealed the game late he was clapping while lying on the ground.  There wasn't a wasted motion on that run as he understand exactly where he had to get to for the dagger to be driven into the Giants heart.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

too which i have, i just might give that a whirl instead of waiting for yoDionraps .

Dion is one thing I always fast-forward through - that and anything Pats** related

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Here are some random comments on this game:

*  Get used to what we did in the 3rd quarter because when we're on the road in the 2nd half up by 2 scores we're not going to hand a team a score by being overly aggressive on offense.  This is how the Bills are built.  Great defense that is very difficult to drive 75 yards for a TD on.  Now once the lead is cut to one score then they take the shackles off and get more aggressive on offense.  At home though, look for the Bills to go for the kill when they get up by 10 - 14 points.

*  Allen was superb today.  The growth we're seeing in this kid from game to game is astonishing.  He threw 30 passes and had only 2 bad throws - the deep overthrow to Brown and the quick slant to Foster.  He had a couple of smart throw away passes and about 15 perfect throws all over the field.  Allen has shown me through just two games that he can make EVERY throw accurately now.  Think about that for a moment - he is accurately throwing EVERY type of pass.  Allen's accuracy "issues" have officially entered the land of make believe. Allen is accurate.

*  On the topic of Allen, that TD drive in the 4th quarter after the Giants had cut the lead to 7 was a thing of beauty.  The 3rd down conversion where Allen put a move on a Giants defensive lineman to get outside would have made Thurman Thomas proud.  And the throw was a carbon copy of a whole bunch of clutch passes he threw while on the run at Wyoming.

*  On the topic of the O-line I thought they struggled at times and the false start penalties contributed to our lackluster 3rd quarter.  BUT, Mitch Morse is an awesome center.  His downfield run blocking is amazing and have you noticed that there isn't a lot of immediate pressure on Allen up the middle.

*  Beasley & Brown have been amazing through 2 games.  And was it me or did Zay Jones drop a great TD throw by Allen? 

*  Dawson Knox had a highlight reel block on McKenzie's TD.

*  Edmunds is very close to becoming a dominant middle LB.  That almost pick six was incredible for what it showed about our 250 pound MLB's athleticism & speed.  Truly awesome.

* As far as playing 4 great quarters?  Do people watch any other NFL games?  I mean KC was down 10 - 0 in the 1st quarter to Oakland! 

*  One final thought - going back to last weeks 4th quarter performance our offense has looked very explosive.  With 9 new guys and a 2nd year QB they have the potential to be a real force in the 2nd half of the season.  That 98 yard drive today in the 2nd quarter was sublime. 

all good points but i DON'T want to see us slow down in third. That is a recipe for disaster and just plain foolish, petal to the metal all the way through. We are not (and no team is) good enough to take it easy with a lead.

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

He's smart to.  On the run that got us the 1st down and sealed the game late he was clapping while lying on the ground.  There wasn't a wasted motion on that run as he understand exactly where he had to get to for the dagger to be driven into the Giants heart.

Until he is on your team and you watch every play he makes, it is hard to appreciate how good he is. Especially at this age. I love having him. Stats don't do him justice.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

all good points but i DON'T want to see us slow down in third. That is a recipe for disaster and just plain foolish, petal to the metal all the way through. We are not (and no team is) good enough to take it easy with a lead.

I get the frustration and was yelling at the TV like a lot of other people.  BUT this is how the Bills are going to play it, at least for the first half of the season. 

The reality is that we're going to lose a game because of doing this - guaranteed.  But in defense of the coaches we'll never know how many games we will win because we put the onus on the defense to protect a 2 score lead.  My guess is we'll win more then we lose doing this.