9/15 Bills at Giants Postgame Thread

3 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I'd have to actually be miserable tho.  Bills wins are great, but can't get to the next level and beat teams like the Pats with some of the crap that went on today. You want them to win a SB someday right?  

I'm more worried about the coaches than players.

Fans being positive or negative have no bearing on how the team performs.

I was happy to see the Bills win their 2nd on the road but thanks to you I have rethought that and now I am miserable.

You are the best new member to this board in years!

Thank you.

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, mrags said:

Do you have anything bad to say at all? Like just because they won they were perfect in every aspect? 

Seriously, they won another game. A road game. Great. They found a way to do it today. 

But there is no denying they were invisible on offense in the entire 3rd Q. If that’s coaching, play calls, execution, etc. it’s a cause for concern. The way they played, they allowed the Giants with an open door to walk right through it and get back into the game. They didn’t. Great. But let’s not think we were perfect today. If we want to compete and beat teams like the Chiefs, Patriots, or Saints, we need to do better and be more consistent. 

You do know they will play differently against those teams... People don't understand this.

Is it me or was the 2nd half play calling overly conservative? Like OMG we have a lead, play it safe!!!

Also, one timeout left with like 45 seconds to go in the first half, why not try a hurry up offense to close the half? I think we could have at least gotten into FG position.

Stoked about the win, but those are things that stood out to me.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Plano said:

Is it me or was the 2nd half play calling overly conservative? Like OMG we have a lead, play it safe!!!

Also, one timeout left with like 45 seconds to go in the first half, why not try a hurry up offense to close the half? I think we could have at least gotten into FG position.

Stoked about the win, but those are things that stood out to me.

Agree wholeheartedly!

great teams go for the kill EVERY time! This is not the NFL of the 60s. Every team (ok, outside of the Fish this year) ??, can come back. The Giants did for a bit! 

I checked just to make sure of the field position- their 28 yard line & 2 TOs with 47 ticks. Inexcusable to not try two plays to see if they can cross midfield and set up a FG for + 17.

And McD most assuredly had them going conservative in Q3. Great win, but you must go all out, with all that time remaining.

Another W coming next week and then- the test of the Season! 

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There are only a handful of QB's who can make that sort of play.

The juke on the Dlineman was nasty.  Then he had the speed to get enough separation to make the throw to then throw it against the grain with that sort of precision and velocity is damn impressive.

Edited by Magox
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Goldenrod2000 said:

I get Zay Jones draft position, but I really think we would be better off with Duke Williams on the active roster at this point

I doubt it's because of draft position. I'll go with our coaching staff on this one. Don't forget Zay caught a pass on our game winning drive against the Jets. Almost 20 yds to take us from our 36 yd line to the Jets 44 yd line. That was a big play in that drive.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My son and I spent a lot of time talking about that one in the moment. It was special and shows Josh’s ceiling, the reason they drafted him. I don’t know where his floor is, but his ceiling is ridiculous! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

You do know they will play differently against those teams... People don't understand this.

The fact is, I don’t want to play down to our opponent. Or play up to them. I want to be the team dictating the way the game is played. I don’t know about you but I’d feel more confident during these games with a 20+ lead in the 2nd half. Not really sure why you would want to let a team with an ability to get back I to the game. 

And it’s not necessarily play calling to the fact that we were running the clock out. Because we weren’t. We were having trouble executing in the entire 3rd quarter. That could be because of play calls based on what they were doing was predictable, it could be execution, it could be the lack of desire to put the game away. None of the players or coaches are innocent here. 

I just want to see the team step on the throat of their opponent and inflict their will upon them. I haven’t seen that in a Bills team on a very very long time. Mostly because we haven’t been good enough to do that. But after the first half today (minus the last 40ish seconds) I felt like we were good enough to exert our dominance. And in the 2nd half we allowed them to hang around.