9/15 - Bills at Giants - 1st Half thread

BuffaloBill

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, familykwi said:

They get the ball 1st in the second half and they nearly turned nearly 2 minutes and 3 timeouts into a motivation swing for the Giants.  You just intercepted momentum back, so go in with that and don't risk forcing another momentum swing.

I hadn't even thought about it in those terms. I just assumed McD was happy enough with the score and knowing that we are getting the ball next half.

Makes sense now you say it.

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Wow dude! You act like the Giants are beating us 21-7

It could very easily be a one-score game.  I'm talking about ineptitude.  You're up 21-7, there's 1:49 on the clock, you don't run a QB draw on First Down and give the ball back 17 seconds later.  Thankfully the Giants are probably a worse football team and they haven't capitalized.  But this is two weeks in a row with very poor end of half offense.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m the most pessimistic Bills fan you’ll ever meet. (Some of you know that from my posts over the last 18 years. Some of you have I met in person.) I’m by NO means comfortable with this lead. 

BUT. For god sakes, my analysis of the first half is “they came out cold on offense and then dominated.” 

I absolutely assume we lose today. Why? Because I’m a Bills fan and have seen it all. 

But for normal people, this was an INCREDIBLE first half. 

Shut up and enjoy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I'm here. Nice play but that was a fluke. I'm a Lawson fan but admit he is a very limited pass rusher. 

If we score on first second half drive, turn the pass rush on. Let Johnson and Murphy tee off. 

Murphy is looking much better coming off the knee injury, so I'm optimistic seeing his improvement.

1 minute ago, dubs said:

You must have only read half my post Chef

Nope I read it all. 

MORE POINTS!!!

A nice first half?  NICE?? 21 points and on track for 500 yards and you say nice?  It’s ***** phenomenal. But I guess not really following for 4 year now has me nor jaded. ?

I think I go in for the kill there and try to get at least a FG at the end of the half, but I understand why they didn't.  Might have been different if they weren't getting the ball coming out of halftime, but I still would have tried to get 30 yards there.  But oh well.....  Come out of the half and get points and try and put this one away.