Was the O Line Good, Bad, Or Indifferent in Game 1?

T master

This is a question for you all that got to watch the game it sounded as if early they weren't doing to well & from some things i read they had made some changes during the game .

I know it is said that a O line needs the 3 C's Continuity, Consistency, & Comfort with the players in the O line & McD hasn't really put the 5 in there to stay to get that as of yet & i don't think by changing personal they will build what they need to become comfortable by changing players with any frequency.

Thats why i am asking you all that saw the game because listening to it on the radio well need i say any more if you can't see it Murph doesn't talk a lot about the trenches & if he did I'm not sure he'd know what he was talking about E. Wood on the other hand i could take something from but still didn't here or missed any thing he may have said !

Thanks for the update on the O line !! 

I thought the O-line played very well but was rusty at times.  Clearly Mitch Morse had to endure a first half baptism by fire as that was the first time he had seen meaningful contact at game speed in over 8 months. 

Allen had a nice pocket on most of his pass plays and the run blocking in the 4th quarter was outstanding.  My favorite O-line play was when on 3rd & 4 during the game winning drive Allen simply took the snap and rumbled to the left for the 1st down.  Morse and the linemen on that side all peeled off doing their best best imitation of a classic student body left sweep.  It was Lombardi old school!

I agree it was a mixed bag, which is what I expected for a line that hadn't played any snaps as a unit.  Morse was facing another team for the first time since last season.  They were also on the road against a team with an experienced DC (for what that's worth) and some talented guys in their front 7.  Obviously, they didn't get much of a push on the safety, but were terrific opening holes for Singletary in the 4th quarter, as well as the aforementioned Allen 3rd down run for a 1st.  I believe they will get better with time, assuming they can stay healthy.

Edited by msw2112

Allen had time to throw on most plays.  Singletary looked good on his run plays.  Gore struggled on his run plays.  Jets run D pretty stout.  Bills had some success running the ball off tackle.  Room for improvement but not bad considering all the new faces and lack of playing together.