Sign in to follow this  
wppete

Antonio Brown called Mike Mayock a “cracker” during Wednesday’s altercation

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

How is he still on the team?

They aren't going to fully admit their mistake, at least not yet... 

3 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

See if ESPN talks about that comment.. I’m guessing no

https://www.espn.com/

Not in the headline, but mentioned in the story...

I assume you're looking for a more in-depth commentary be on the use of the slur

5 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Yeah and in that context it's a really disrespectful and offensive thing to say. 

Yup, it was meant disrespect and belittle the individual. Doesn’t carry the same weight as other slurs. But, no one worth a damn wants to be compared to a slave owner.

• Like (+1) 1

Would be funny if they release him and no other team bothers to pick him up with his stupidity. I hope that's what happens.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

Cracker? That is so 70's! Brown obviously just said it for effect...it really must have been a heated exchange to go that far. Brown threatened to punch Mayock as well.

Edited by Rocket94

2 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Would be funny if they release him and no other team bothers with his stupidity. I hope that's what happens.

He won't be unemployed long. He's an XFL kinda guy, and I could see Vince paying a premium for a douche like AB.

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Would be funny if they release him and no other team bothers to pick him up with his stupidity. I hope that's what happens.

Belichick would

18 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Also, was it "cracker" or "cracka"...?

There's a difference

I think

Neither is offensive. 

How many AB threads do we need lol?  Thought this was a Bills board, but this board obsessed with AB like a scorned ex girlfriend.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

If a white player called a black coach or player a racial slur it would be all over national news, that player would be cut from said team and then banned from the league. He needs to be gone.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Imagine the backlash if Mayock had said  anything even insinuating it was about race, let alone a racial slur. He'd never work again, and would probably have to leave the country. Why is "cracker" ok?

That word doesn't affend me or anybody I know, but we all know what happens when a white person says anything regarding race in today's society.

• Like (+1) 6

i didn't realize people were still using that term.  it's not an offensive term but he meant it to be an offensive term.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How many AB threads do we need lol?  Thought this was a Bills board, but this board obsessed with AB like a scorned ex girlfriend.

It's okay just two more days.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't think you're alone.

Yes, the fact is that it's a racial slur.

The other fact is that the context around it isn't nearly as impactful as the context around other racial slurs.

That’s kind of what I’m getting at. If you called me fat, bald, ugly, dumb, etc... it would hurt a lot more. I’m much, much, much more sensitive about that kind of stuff than I would be “cracker.” 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Welcome to the Stadium Wall, @Alphadawg7

Make yourself at home

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, stony said:

Neither is offensive. 

See below.    Cancel culture is here for all 

1 minute ago, Bandito said:

If a white player called a black coach or player a racial slur it would be all over national news, that player would be cut from said team and then banned from the league. He needs to be gone.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

FIFY

No need to fix.  Its a big old nothingburger. 

There is not one player in the league with some God given right to play in the NFL.  Why teams put up with this crap is beyond me.  Indefinite suspension, and I wouldn't pay him another dime.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

When Burfict is the adult in the room, you're in trouble...

From ESPN: "The source stressed the confrontation escalated quickly, but it never appeared to be getting physical, and players, including linebacker Vontaze Burfict, attempted to separate Brown from the situation in order to calm him down."

This really is the craziest part of an already crazy story.  To be fair though, Burfict's hit on AB is one of the reasons AB's brain doesn't work right any more