Monday 9/2 roster moves thread

BuffaloBill

42 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

With all that running around backwards these CBs and Ss have to do, wouldn’t that develop strong lower body strength?  Can any of them punt a football?  Better yet, the perfect player to pull off a fake punt, and gallop for the first down.

Sorry, coffee kicked in a little too well this morning.  I’ll go paint the east side of the house.

...is that you Butch??....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I'll assume the logic behind this is because we always score. 

Supposedly there was a study done where it was shown that statistically it is in your best interest to just never punt outside of specific circumstances, like from inside your own 20.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....hope McBeane pulls the trigger on Allen TODAY....wonder why the wait?........we have a major void.......

I agree that we need to upgrade the punter position as soon as possible, but having a holder for Haushka with only a couple of days of practice, would make me pretty nervous.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

My only final roster complaints are that we need to fix the CB/S depth and replace the punter. CB went from a position of great depth to one that is very shaky. Why the H do we have SIX safeties and only four CBs, two of whom are injury prone and the other two having been temporarily knocked out of the third preseason game? It seems highly questionable/concerning from any point of view. I think you have a hard time justifying Conor McDermott or Dean Marlowe over a capable fifth corner.

I just keep going back... three CBs on the field on most plays. Two safeties. So let's go with four CBs and SIX safeties on the final roster... makes no sense?

The Bills actually have 5 CB's with Siran Neal, who backs up Taron Johnson:

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/depth-chart

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

The Vikings. Gjallarhorn is a type of Norse blowing horn:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gjallarhorn

I admit to not having been a big fan of the Vikings shtick. Then I went to the game there last year and it is actually pretty awesome when you are in the stadium. The whole Skol chant is pretty darn powerful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

I admit to not having been a big fan of the Vikings shtick. Then I went to the game there last year and it is actually pretty awesome when you are in the stadium. The whole Skol chant is pretty darn powerful.

Until kickoff then it wasn’t so powerful. 

I was there as well really cool vibe but loved how we silenced them 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

I say we just don't punt this year.

Sounds like a plan.  Josh reminds me a lot of Jim.  I hope to see Josh take control this year and audible a lot more.

Not go full out no huddle but change the pace to take advantage of certain defensive sets, similar to the Pats.

Who needs a punter.:D

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1