Monday 9/2 roster moves thread

BuffaloBill

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....any news yet on the punter conundrum?..........looks like at least 3 good options............

Allen or Anger would pry be upgrades.  Colquitt got snatched by the Gjallarhorn blowing neanderthals.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

My only final roster complaints are that we need to fix the CB/S depth and replace the punter. CB went from a position of great depth to one that is very shaky. Why the H do we have SIX safeties and only four CBs, two of whom are injury prone and the other two having been temporarily knocked out of the third preseason game? It seems highly questionable/concerning from any point of view. I think you have a hard time justifying Conor McDermott or Dean Marlowe over a capable fifth corner.

I just keep going back... three CBs on the field on most plays. Two safeties. So let's go with four CBs and SIX safeties on the final roster... makes no sense?

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Allen or Anger would pry be upgrades.  Colquitt got snatched by the Gjallarhorn blowing neanderthals.

Unh! Watch what you say about Neanderthals. I had my DNA done, and I've got some neanderthal genes - more than my wife has, so she was happy to point that out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

My only final roster complaints are that we need to fix the CB/S depth and replace the punter. CB went from a position of great depth to one that is very shaky. Why the H do we have SIX safeties and only four CBs, two of whom are injury prone and the other two having been temporarily knocked out of the third preseason game? It seems highly questionable/concerning from any point of view. I think you have a hard time justifying Conor McDermott or Dean Marlowe over a capable fifth corner.

I just keep going back... three CBs on the field on most plays. Two safeties. So let's go with four CBs and SIX safeties on the final roster... makes no sense?

Don't a few of those safeties also back-up the corners? Versatility is highly valued.

As for a punter, let's keep hoping.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, CSBill said:

Don't a few of those safeties also back-up the corners? Versatility is highly valued.

Neal can do slot stuff in a pinch, but I think that's about it. It seems like we are in desperate need of a backup boundary corner as the only one right now is K. Johnson.

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Neal can do slot stuff in a pinch, but I think that's about it. It seems like we are in desperate need of a backup boundary corner as the only one right now is K. Johnson.

hmmm, I know there were reports they we're going to bring Muderly back?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I just read an article in PS where Beane talked about corner depth. Sounds like he thinks there is enough position flexibility with the safeties to fill in at CB in a pinch. He also seemed to bank on Cam Lewis being brought up and the glut of CBs on the street if we really needed some depth there as the season goes on. 

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, CSBill said:

With all that running around backwards these CBs and Ss have to do, wouldn’t that develop strong lower body strength?  Can any of them punt a football?  Better yet, the perfect player to pull off a fake punt, and gallop for the first down.

Sorry, coffee kicked in a little too well this morning.  I’ll go paint the east side of the house.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2