Bodine traded to the Patriots for a 6th round pick

HappyDays

Just now, JoeF said:

Because no other FA center is going to know their offense from day 1 with little or no study necessary.  That was worth a 6th to them and I can understand it.

I guess I am confused, if he was cut and he was a FA and could sign anywhere, he would sign with the Pats ofc if they called his agent, who wouldn't?

This is one of those rare times that I think it is no big deal to trade with a divisional opponent. Bodine is not starter caliber, was going to be cut anyway, so getting a draft pick us great.

I think the "intel" concerns are greatly exaggerated. Bodine can't tell them much more than they already know or that film study can't confirm.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, colin said:

hahaha, i don't even know if you were being sarcastic, but i read it in a super dour jaded bills fan voice (my own perhaps) and it was a cynical joy.

Yeah...a dry observation I guess! A little sarcasm like I was speaking to myself!

12 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It's a 6th round pick. ?

You obviously don't understand how impressive it is to get compensation of ANY kind in return for a player you were going to cut for nothing.

Oh, and one more thing: This year's 7th rounders, Sweeney and Johnson, are about to make this roster and contribute. 

ScottLaw gonna ScottLaw, I guess. Can't help himself.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Romie said:

Yup.  A 6th round pick for our playbook is what really just happened.

....People DO realize that Belichick already knows Daboll's playbook because...well...because Daboll's playbook IS Belichick's playbook? 

Sheesh.