Bodine traded to the Patriots for a 6th round pick

HappyDays

13 hours ago, uticaclub said:

It's not a conspiracy, it's basic strategy. Would you rather give your neighbor that you hate, something you were going to throw out for a lottery ticket or make him dig through your trash?

Using that analogy. 

Why throw away a lottery which someone can then pick up for free, when you can sell it to them instead?

15 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

I agree with this post. Bodine knows the playbook, inside and out I'll assume. Some one tell me why this is worth a 6th round pick to the Patriots when they get the Bills whole playbook, tendencies, etc..

Playbooks are living changing documents and and they don't get the whole Playbooks. Bodine will only have seen part anyway. 

Further more as gets explained every time this topic comes up. If players go and give away all the information as you describe its hurts them in the long because of reputation damage. 

Go on Twitter and read some of the comments on this Bodine trade. There are Pats fans convinced that Bodine is going to be a Hall of Fame center because Belichick wanted him. And then there are Bills fans who think we made a mistake because Bodine must actually be really good if Belichick wanted him. Talk about a cult of personality.

12 hours ago, 1st&ten said:

I know, let's hope it's another 17 years before we trade with them again.

Or like Colin Cowherd says, "all the time."

9 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

I don’t like the intel we just shipped to the Pats. You never give them even the slightest advantage, because they’ll fully exploit it. And I still don’t buy the “Daboll’s offense is Belichick’s offense” argument. Daboll’s offense, while based on the Pats, has likely evolved over the years. Plus, he’s certainly not using the same terminology or play calls as Hoodie anymore. That is now with the Pats. I would’ve rolled the dice by cutting him. 

You know that we have the Pats OC, right? And we are about to cut players, some with knowledge of the Bills playbook, who can join any team for free, and we can sign players from teams we are going to play later? It's called the NFL.