Bodine traded to the Patriots for a 6th round pick

HappyDays

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Beans certainly has improved the O-line talent.

But you bring up the point that he likely could have covered the C position without taking the risk on Morse.  So I agree with you there.

KC made their last year's starting Center expendable too.  Who's their C?

Who cares?  I am not a fan of KC.

I know that answer sounds simple....but that is my view of it...I worry about OUR teams players.   We needed a OL in front of our investment of Josh Allen....Beane did that.

• Like (+1) 1

Nope.  Don’t like it.  He’ll start pancaking Oliver before you know it.  Never support the evil empire!

Unless....he’s a special secret undercover double agent who’s going to take a fall when playing us and give us free shots at Marsha.....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transient said:

So Beane got assets for Bodine AND manages to make a division rival worse in the process?!?!  I'm starting to buy into this Beane is a sorcerer business!

Lol, was just thinking we get a draft pick and get to face him twice a year.  Double win!

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Im not sure what side of the commentary I’m on here. Is it a sadder commentary about last year’s OL that two of the starters were gonna be cut or is it a happier commentary on the quality of players Beane brought in to replace them? 

I choose to believe the latter.

It's a mix of both imo. Spain, Feliciano and Long all have flexibility on the interior but none of them are world beaters. Bodine's bad and Teller doesn't have position flexibility so they were expendable. We improved our line in the offseason and were then able to get a few extra picks as well so I'm a very happy camper right now.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They would need him to be great in all 16 games, because this isn't close to the Offense he was snapping to in KC.  

The Chiefs concluded he wasn't a significant enough piece of their insanely successful Offense to keep.

Actually they concluded that they couldn't afford to keep him given their other future contracts.

And will you he happier to see Morse play well and earn his contract, or not and you be proven right?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Giving Belichick information about our offense isn't worth a 6th rounder. Helping a division rival, especially the Patriots isn't worth a 6th rounder. Making them overpay after we cut him and use more cap space is more valuable than a 6th rounder. 

Some people are way too into conspiracy theories 

27 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Some people are way too into conspiracy theories 

It's not a conspiracy, it's basic strategy. Would you rather give your neighbor that you hate, something you were going to throw out for a lottery ticket or make him dig through your trash?

Espn ...Rotoworld they all can say anything they want a bunch a blowhards that never saw this guy struggle like he was  holding a red cape(o'lay ~ to the bull) not wearing one for all of them 74 games ....lol ...He wont even be starting in  N.E.....Karras will be the  1st string center ....so let them throw crap against wall and see if it sticks in  N.E ...it still smells just the same.Take the 6th everyday ending in "Y"  & twice on Sunday ....about how many sacks n hurries he will allow  per game  right up the gut if he forced into lineup there.

2 hours ago, VW82 said:

I can't believe we did this. If we cut Bodine and he signs with the Pats then so be it. 6th round pick is not worth the kind of intel he'll give our biggest rival. The last guy I want on that team is the center who's been helping groom our young QB. Very ballsy move by Beane.

I agree with this post. Bodine knows the playbook, inside and out I'll assume. Some one tell me why this is worth a 6th round pick to the Patriots when they get the Bills whole playbook, tendencies, etc..

• Like (+1) 1

Andrews to Bodine is a huge drop off. That’s the biggest win here for the Bills. The pick is just icing. 

1 minute ago, first_and_ten said:

I agree with this post. Bodine knows the playbook, inside and out I'll assume. Some one tell me why this is worth a 6th round pick to the Patriots when they get the Bills whole playbook, tendencies, etc..

Not going to help Bodine when he’s facing the Bills defense. I’m pretty sure the Pats don’t need to know the playbook in order to stop the Bills offense. They’ve successfully done it without the playbook for 20 years. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, JoeF said:

Ed Oliver, Harrison Phillips, Star and Jordan Phillips just got woodies....

There has to be some truth to this (anatomical references aside).  I mean, I've never played the game, but that has to get into your head, right?  If you're Bodine, and you've been getting creamed for 5 weeks in training camp against these guys (particularly Oliver), that's going to stick in your head come game day.

"I got this.  I got this.  He's not that good.  I got this..."

WHAM.

"Yep, I remember that.  I remember that.  Jesus.  I couldn't stop that two months ago..."

And that's in the first quarter.

1 minute ago, first_and_ten said:

I doubt Bodine provides one drop of intel that Belichick isn’t already well aware of.