Bodine traded to the Patriots for a 6th round pick

HappyDays

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Time will tell if the Morse signing was good or not.

This thread is about Bodine (who was backup C at best) being upgraded to the point that 2 others have played better.

The Beane getting a 6th for what in essence was the Bills 4th Center.

It's a good thing but you go ahead a spin it however you like.

I’d say he was the backup backup center at best.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That wasn't the point. You said they needed to hit the jackpot with him and that is just not true.

It is.  If he can't play significant time this season, it's a bust.  And then it's back to backups, like last year.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Those are facts.  If they make you sad, I apologize.

Mitch Morse is a former Pro Bowler and was the starting center for a record setting offense that made the AFC championship last year.

^ Those are also facts. We choose what to focus on, and you routinely choose to focus on the negative, just like ScottLaw.

Good day, sir.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

It is.  If he can't play significant time this season, it's a bust.  And then it's back to backups, like last year.

That is not in any way the definition of jackpot. He can play in 12 games this year and it could still be a good trade. He can play good instead of very good and not be worth the money they spent and still be a good trade. They DON'T need to hit the jackpot with him at all, he just needs to be pretty good.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Mitch Morse is a former Pro Bowler and was the starting center for a record setting offense that made the AFC championship last year.

^ Those are also facts. We choose what to focus on, and you routinely choose to focus on the negative, just like ScottLaw.

Good day, sir.

exactly.......sheesh.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Good day, sir.

KC made it to the playoffs with him out for 5 games.  

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That is not in any way the definition of jackpot. He can play in 12 games this year and it could still be a good trade. He can play good instead of very good and not be worth the money they spent and still be a good trade. They DON'T need to hit the jackpot with him at all, he just needs to be pretty good.

Just pretty good?  That's not what they are paying for.  Nor are they paying for pretty good for a fraction of each season.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Well......yeah I guess since he didnt practice all training camp you are technically right.....

Except he will start opening day and is a total stretch of the "facts" on your part

Except it wasn't.

Look, if he goes out this year with another concussion, no one on this board will be standing up for the deal.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Or they were 9-2 with him and 3-2 without.

He came back in December.  They went 4-3 from there on.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Except it wasn't.

Look, if he goes out this year with another concussion, no one on this board will be standing up for the deal.

I wont be getting bent out of shape about it either. Disappointed but I supported the Morse signing and this trade because he would of been cut if not traded

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Just pretty good?  That's not what they are paying for.  Nor are they paying for pretty good for a fraction of each season.

Because it's okay to overpay for some guys. Yes. And he brings a lot of intangibles. And since when is 12 games a fraction of a season, unless you consider 3/4ths to be a fraction (and don't say "it's a fraction" and look stupid. ;)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

There is nothing super impressive about the trade. 

If you want to scream to the sky that Beane is a wizard for trading a guy he paid to start for a miserable offensive line a year ago and then traded for a 6th then by all means go for it. 

My glass will be half full when it comes to the Bills when the team starts winning. 

Ughhh...he didn't pay him to start.  He paid him to compete with Groy and he didn't win.

His contract was 2 years/$5 million.  

Well the Pats just gave up a late round draft pick for a 3rd string center who was getting cut....getting cut by the horrible, horrible Buffalo Bills.  

So let me guess....good move by the Pats?

• Like (+1) 2