Stephen Hauschka has signed a two-year contract extension!

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm not sure where my original post stated anything about how he's played lately. I simply pointed out that he's a top all time kicker and it was nice that the Seahawks messed up and let him go. 

That being said...I get the Bills fans are nervous about him, but the worry is a bit overblown, in my opinion. If you want to see a kicking game that gives real cause for concern, go look at the Bears or the Jets.

you didn't mention how he played lately. that's the point.... just mentioning what he's done in his career doesn't paint the whole picture.... he hasn't played anything like a top 10 kicker since the jets cheap shot and that includes this preseason. hopefully its the holder issue. I would guess by the extension that's what the bills FO is banking on. 

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

you didn't mention how he played lately. that's the point.... just mentioning what he's done in his career doesn't paint the whole picture.... he hasn't played anything like a top 10 kicker since the jets cheap shot and that includes this preseason. hopefully its the holder issue. I would guess by the extension that's what the bills FO is banking on. 

It's always going to be a bit of a gamble locking into a kicker in the NFL.

These guys can get hot and cold and very good ones can lose it for a while or forever without a lot of warning.

I'll keep my fingers crossed he will keep it together at least this season.  He's certainly been fantastic  in the past.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

You can make an argument either way and a lot of it depends on the mental makeup of the kicker.  He caught a case of the yips in 2016 when it came to extra points.  He was able to recover the following year with us.  He may have caught the yips again after that injury.  Hopefully, if he did he can quickly correct it.

I knew his preseason woes were nothing but a smokescreen. It looked like he wasn't even trying, just punching the ball instead of snapping the leg through the kick.

Pretty sure we see our "Hausch Money" kicker back to his money ways this season. 

3 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Some things never change:

A pitch to bring Schmidt back as punter?

2 hours ago, Frez said:

Freeing up some cap money for the Clowney trade. 

?

2 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

Thanks for posting this picture. Now I have a stomach ache.

AdBlock is not just for ads ?

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Young man, I just need to be sure that when the chips are down, you can knock through a kick from grass 47 yards out, in a slight Tampa breeze...but absolutely no pressure! :thumbsup:

Buffalo Bills Scott Norwood, Super Bowl XXV Pictures ...

I hate you !!!

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Play this on a loop in the locker room starting Friday 

No kidding.

good call Coach !!

I forget i was pissd about that BS   GRRRR

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Wait, this is a guy we were supposed to be worried about. I read it on here. Why did our FO re-sign him? 

so we could worry some more

16 minutes ago, Putin said:

I hate you !!!

Saw that photo, realized what it was, and had a very genuine queasy feeling come over me for a moment.

That game is going to remain a wound which will not heal until we win a Superbowl.

The one thing I love about Haushka is that he never appears to be rattled and that is generally reflected in his approach to the ball; very calm and consistent. He has definitely regressed, so it's a concern, but I have a greater level of trust in him than I did in MANY previous kickers in high leverage situations. I'll never forget the Rian Lindell days. I'm sure he wasn't as bad as I remember, but he APPEARED very nervous when it mattered most.