Bills Leadership Panel of 17 players identified

YoloinOhio

No McCoy...He was a team captain last year. 

https://theathletic.com/1161883/2019/08/26/projecting-the-bills-53-man-roster-heading-into-the-final-preseason-game/

Josh Allen 

pat DiMarco

Cole Beasley

john brown 

lee Smith

Mitch Morse 

dion Dawkins 

jon Feleciano 

Jerry hughes

trent Murphy 

star lotulelei

Tremaine edmunds 

Lorenzo alexander

micah Hyde 

Jordan poyer 

Kurt Coleman 

stephen Hauschka 

Per joe B, this designation is typically an indication of roster safety. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

https://theathletic.com/1161883/2019/08/26/projecting-the-bills-53-man-roster-heading-into-the-final-preseason-game/

Josh Allen 

pat DiMarco

Cole Beasley

lee Smith

Mitch Morse 

dion Dawkins 

jon Feleciano 

Jerry hughes

trent Murphy 

star lotulelei

Tremaine edmunds 

Lorenzo alexander

micah Hyde 

Jordan poyer 

Kurt Coleman 

stephen Hauschka 

Some folks aren't going to be pleased with this name being listed.

Also, I half expected to see Gore on the list. Seems like a great lead by example kind of guy.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Josh Allen 

pat DiMarco

Cole Beasley

lee Smith

Mitch Morse 

dion Dawkins 

jon Feleciano 

Jerry hughes

trent Murphy 

star lotulelei

Tremaine edmunds 

Lorenzo alexander

micah Hyde 

Jordan poyer 

Kurt Coleman 

stephen Hauschka 

Seeing Lee Smith/DiMarco's name on this list is depressing me right now.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Philo Beddoe said:

Also, I half expected to see Gore on the list. Seems like a great lead by example kind of guy.

Surprised not to see Gore, good point

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

projecting-the-bills-53-man-roster-heading-into-the-final-preseason-game

So ...  He's got Shady on the See Ya list? 

I'm chalking this up to  Joe B click bait.  

No, he doesn’t. His RBs are Shady, gore, Singletary, Yeldon, DiMarco 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Josh Allen 

pat DiMarco

Cole Beasley

john brown 

lee Smith

Mitch Morse 

dion Dawkins 

jon Feleciano 

Jerry hughes

trent Murphy 

star lotulelei

Tremaine edmunds 

Lorenzo alexander

micah Hyde 

Jordan poyer 

Kurt Coleman 

stephen Hauschka 

Didnt he get benched last year late season for something that was anti process?

Bet he was demoted on the leadership front. I don’t see how they don’t ride him out for his last season and a contract year.

Shady is motivated. . 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Didnt he get benched last year late season for something that was anti process?

Bet he was demoted on the leadership front. I don’t see how they don’t ride him out for his last season and a contract year.

Shady is motivated. . 

Yes, the benching May have factored in. Plus, I believe it is the players who vote on the captains. These guys are selected by the coaches.

23 minutes ago, Philo Beddoe said:

Good point. First guy I thought of when considering who might ought to be there. 

Other notables, all the other WRs after the top 2, tre’d White, Milano. I guess not everyone is or should be a leader.

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Good point. First guy I thought of when considering who might ought to be there. 

Other notables, all the other WRs after the top 2, tre’d White, Milano. I guess not everyone is or should be a leader.

Great sign that Edmunds is there. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Great sign that Edmunds is there. 

Yes. Even at 20 it sounds like he’s one of the most mature guys in the locker room. I guess we are all going to need to get used to a Linebacker in the 40’s for a while. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No Ed Oliver? Bust.

Get to the Back of the line rook’s

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why is Josh Allen on the leadership panel?

Obviously I'm missing something with this list (and I didn't register to read the Athletic).  

the thread address isn't translating well  

I need more coffee or Jo B needs to be more succinct in his thread creation. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Honestly I laughed at this list. It's way too long. Kyle Williams is hard to replace.

Not sure I have an opinion one way or the other, but why do you think it’s too long? Just curious  It’s not the captains, it’s a leadership panel. It’s rougly 30% of the team. 

We have a leadership panel at work as well and I think the % is larger than that so just curious 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not sure I have an opinion one way or the other, but why do you think it’s too long? Just curious  It’s not the captains, it’s a leadership panel. It’s rougly 30% of the team. 

We have a leadership panel at work as well and I think the % is larger than that so just curious 

Not really that deep for me to comment more it was just my first thought. 

1 minute ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Happy that Josh will have the "C" on his jersey this season

I don’t think the captains have been decided/ announced unless I missed it.  But I would expect that he is selected.

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not really that deep for me to comment more it was just my first thought. 

No worries I’m just generally interested in how leadership councils are utilized 

People try to read too much into these types of things. Yes, it probably means these individual's roster spots are safe. Outside of that it means relatively nothing about the people who aren't on this list. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

wtf is a leadership council?

Player-driven leadership. From 2017-

https://www.google.com/amp/s/buffalowdown.com/2017/05/18/buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott-leadership-council/amp/

McDermott will be looking at a wide range of qualities when selecting the players that fit the build, but made it known that age won’t be the only thing considered. Here’s what he said in the beginning of April:

“I think you look for a range of characteristics. Age is one of them. Experience – but that doesn’t just limit it to the older crowd, so to speak. You want representation from, really, the cross-section of the team and really guys that represent the whole team, not just certain parts of the team. I’ve been around it at the two different spots that I’ve been at – both Philadelphia and Carolina – I’ve seen it work well. … Anybody [can step up]. Leadership is a big part of this football team and having the right type of chemistry on the team. Every ship needs a rudder and so obviously I’m one of the leaders, and the player-driven leadership component of it is big. There needs to be leadership in that locker room and on the field, whether it’s practice or during the games. Young or old, it’s time to step up and lead.”

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not 1 RB?  (Demarco doesn't count).

"When he began to reshape the Buffalo Billscoaching staff, he wanted coaches that embodied great leadership. When he started to rebuild the roster, he stayed consistent with the leadership quality. Personally, looking at the personnel from top to bottom, it’s hands down the best looking staff this team has had in a long time"

Since that article was written, McD fired a chunk of that "best looking staff that embodied great leadership": Gill Byrd, Juan Castillo, Crossman, Terry Robiskie.

4 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

All the folks who haven't known this haven't been paying any attention.  No matter what any of us think, DiMarco isn't going anywhere.

True. McD has talked him up a lot. He had a really nice block on a TD vs Carolina 

1 minute ago, The Bills Blog said:

I don't have anything against DiMarco personally; it's just that his value on the football field seems to be less than other players' who might be cut. It's puzzling.

And where does that belief come from? He's a good special teamer and plays a quarter of the time on offense. He's also a team leader. What will a 5th running back or 7th WR contribute that he doesn't?

Edited by MJS