So I'm in Dallas right now...

1 hour ago, Returntoglory said:

I went to AT&T Stadium today and all I can say is WOW! I have been to many Professional Sports Stadiums and Arena's all around the world but the AT&T Stadium hands down, is the most impressive facility I have ever seen. 

I had some time to kill today prior to an event I had to attend so I said, what the heck, let me run out to the stadium and get a few shots and maybe some souvenirs for some friends back home who are Cowboys fans.

Little did I know that they had a VIP tour for only $27.00 so I said, what the hell, and took the 11/2 hour intimate tour!

First of all, this place is HUGE, Fuccillo HUGE! driving in the area you can see it on the horizon because it just can't hide! Once inside, it's vastness takes on an entirely new scale. 

NO OBSTRUCTED VIEWS! Nada. Nothing. Nowhere! Site-lines are simply incredible. 105,000 people, are you kidding me?

The concourse areas are impressive, MANY bathrooms, restaurants, food& beverage stands, NOTHING was neither forgotten nor no expense was spared to give the Cowboys fans the ultimate Fan and Game experience!

I'm an old school Bills fan. Been to many games dating back to the 70's but I have to tell you, this is what we need and we need it DOWNTOWN! 

I want to be spoiled and pampered when I shell out the $$$ to see my team. I'm tired of the miserable ride in the dead of winter to OP. 

This is the shiney new toy us Bills fans deserve!

Oh and, I also met Jerry Jones as well ?

Dude, there is 0 chance we get this stadium downtown. Its not happening.

First of all a downtown stadium would kill the tailgating and the pregame atmosphere at Orchard Park where you are basically going to a party in someone's backyard.

Second of all, Jones prints money so this stadium as expensive as it was isn't really that expensive for him...he can make that up quickly.

Third of all, we dont have the economy nor the population to support a stadium of thst size.

If they build a new stadium i really hope its not downtown. I hope its somewhere that has the capability to be a great tailgating area that has plenty of ways to get in and out of the area...something downtown does NOT have...you think traffic after a Bills game is a nightmare now?? Imagine the traffic after a game downtown...you might not get home til midnight.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think you're on the wrong message board.

I don't watch football to be pampered and distracted by a bunch of useless crap. I just want to watch the game! I don't want to have to pay for all those useless distractions either...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

My late dad and I went to a Bills-Cowboys game here back in 2011.  We were on the 45 yd line, about halfway up, and all I could remember was as bright and shiny the new stadium was, I equally found the huge screen quite annoying.  As hard as I tried, you can't help but move your eyes from the field to the screen.  I didn't shell out all that money just to watch the game on a giant TV.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

I went to AT&T Stadium today and all I can say is WOW! I have been to many Professional Sports Stadiums and Arena's all around the world but the AT&T Stadium hands down, is the most impressive facility I have ever seen. 

I had some time to kill today prior to an event I had to attend so I said, what the heck, let me run out to the stadium and get a few shots and maybe some souvenirs for some friends back home who are Cowboys fans.

Little did I know that they had a VIP tour for only $27.00 so I said, what the hell, and took the 11/2 hour intimate tour!

First of all, this place is HUGE, Fuccillo HUGE! driving in the area you can see it on the horizon because it just can't hide! Once inside, it's vastness takes on an entirely new scale. 

NO OBSTRUCTED VIEWS! Nada. Nothing. Nowhere! Site-lines are simply incredible. 105,000 people, are you kidding me?

The concourse areas are impressive, MANY bathrooms, restaurants, food& beverage stands, NOTHING was neither forgotten nor no expense was spared to give the Cowboys fans the ultimate Fan and Game experience!

I'm an old school Bills fan. Been to many games dating back to the 70's but I have to tell you, this is what we need and we need it DOWNTOWN! 

I want to be spoiled and pampered when I shell out the $$$ to see my team. I'm tired of the miserable ride in the dead of winter to OP. 

I’m with you somewhat. I don’t think we will or for that matter, need a stadium that large. Or with all those crazy amenities. But I do believe we need a new DOMED, or retractable stadium. Downtown. 

Drunk, and idiot fans will never understand that’s what the NFL, and The Pegulas are trying to distance themselves from. Butt chugs, flaming tables, cooking on cars, jumping from the roofs of vans. Those days will soon be over. I hope they can wrap their heads around corporate tailgate tents before the game or they just won’t be attending. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

It's hard not to watch it, because it's a better look than actually watching whats going on down on the field...you look around and 100,000 people are all watching the game on TV with you...while it's being played on the field...very different for sure.  I don't know if it's worse or better to have it this way...

I lived in Dallas when it opened. I remember one of the players said it was weird because when a big play happened on the field, there was a delay before the fans started cheering because the fans were watching on the big TV which had a little delay.

I used to go to a lot of Seahawk games and they had one although much smaller. I would catch myself watching it sometimes.

I'm voting for worse. When I go to a game I like to watch just what certain players sometimes. Or when a.guy breaks one you can watch what the defenders do. I remember once when were playing the Eaglez, Shady broke one and I watched how Byrd sized him up, lined him up, and tackled him.  Can't see that on tv. And the size and placement would be VERY distracting.

I did go there for the 2018 draft. No thanks. Would be like going to a game at a movie theater. 

"NO OBSTRUCTED VIEWS!"

Shouldn't be amazed at that.  Anyone who builds a sporting venue with obstructed views should be dragged into the street and shot, especially in a billion dollar stadium.  That's bare minimum #1 for a public viewing venue.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

Dont you worry Pegulaville will be much grander.

Besides Beasley likes our facilities better , so there ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

got you seating license money set aside.

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I lived in Dallas when it opened. I remember one of the players said it was weird because when a big play happened on the field, there was a delay before the fans started cheering because the fans were watching on the big TV which had a little delay.

I used to go to a lot of Seahawk games and they had one although much smaller. I would catch myself watching it sometimes.

I'm voting for worse. When I go to a game I like to watch just what certain players sometimes. Or when a.guy breaks one you can watch what the defenders do. I remember once when were playing the Eaglez, Shady broke one and I watched how Byrd sized him up, lined him up, and tackled him.  Can't see that on tv. And the size and placement would be VERY distracting.

I did go there for the 2018 draft. No thanks. Would be like going to a game at a movie theater. 

Lol.  I asked myself when Byrd played for the Eagles.?

Yup. Been there for a concert and a football game. Awesome Stadium! The big screen is so big nobody stands up during a game. The cheerleader close ups aren't bad either. Oh, and I literally had to walk 100 yards from my parking spot to my seats.

Edited by bmur66

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Buffalo will never be able to compete with the Cowboys and huge market teams of this world and they shouldn't try to. 

In a few years, people will have forgotten what it's like to go to a traditional football game, old school style, but we will still have that experience in WNY.

Going "old school" can be cool.  I have seen ball games in Fenway and Wrigley Field.  Also seen them in modern abominations like Sky Dome.  

Going back in time as you enter Wrigley Field is totally cool and I wouldn't have it any other way, if I could choose.

The idea of watching a game on TV that I am at in person makes me sick.

The beautiful part about the renovations to Wrigley and Fenway is they kept the unique old school feeling while upgrading and modernizing where they needed too.  Soldier Field seems to have done something similar but I have not been since it has been renovated. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

So dont go.

4 hours ago, mrags said:

I’m with you somewhat. I don’t think we will or for that matter, need a stadium that large. Or with all those crazy amenities. But I do believe we need a new DOMED, or retractable stadium. Downtown. 

Drunk, and idiot fans will never understand that’s what the NFL, and The Pegulas are trying to distance themselves from. Butt chugs, flaming tables, cooking on cars, jumping from the roofs of vans. Those days will soon be over. I hope they can wrap their heads around corporate tailgate tents before the game or they just won’t be attending. 

Cooking our own food is what's most important to me.  If they take that away, I'm definitely not going to any more games.  I'm not driving 5 hours to buy overpriced beer and microwaved food.  Not in this lifetime.

• Like (+1) 1