So I'm in Dallas right now...

29 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This is EXACTLY why I hate Buffalo new stadium talk.  One of the main reasons the NFL is building these gosh-awful mall/movie theater/art museum/cathedral stadiums in the first place. To price out the schmucks (us).  I don't want to get priced out.  Tailgating as we know it now would be gone forever. 

If downtown, you'd either "tailgate" in a parking garage or go to a sports bar nearby before the game.  I've been to several of these stadiums (Dallas, Detroit, Seattle) and the tailgating sucks if there even is any.

Bills build a new stadium and the price of football goes way up. Are you sure you really want that?

Listen. I don’t need a monstrosity for the stadium but it’s going to happen because it’s a way for these owners, investors, and town/city to take advantage of there being a constant cash flow every day. Not just 10 Sunday’s a year. 

Yes I want it downtown and I want it to be a dome/retractable roof. It’s good for the city and the economy overall. 

Im fine with being done with idiot tailgating at this point in my life. Sure, when I was a young and drunk kid I loved it. Took pride in being the rowdiest fans in the nfl. You can ask anyone that’s tailgated with me or say with me in the stands. Our section would tear the backs of the benches off from bashing them so hard and toss them around in the stands because it was just cool back then. But I’m an adult now and I do adult things. Maybe some day all these idiot drunk fans will realize that and want to enjoy the game without having to worry about being puked on at the game. Or watching someone finger some chicks butthole in front of them. I can assure you this, the nfl and the teams don’t want to be affiliated with any of that. It scares real paying customers away. Business men that want to buy box or club seats and spend a small fortune on drinks, food, and souvenirs every game. 

And fwi, if you don’t know, I’ll tell you. Pegula literally has his hand in everything downtown. From the canal side business to the cobblestone area. A ton of breweries down there he’s invested in. You probably don’t know this,  but upstairs in the Labatt Brew House there’s a secret Speakeasy. You get to it through a hidden passage in the bakery in the back. It was heavily influenced and funded by Pegula. Good luck getting in there without committing to spending thousands a year in booze/food/cigars and paying a yearly fee. I’ve been in it. It’s the kind of thing that young drunk idiots don’t even know about or hear stories of. 

Pegula is building the city up around that area for a reason. The Sabres and Hockey don’t make the kind of money that he’s going to make that much from. But if you add in a football stadium and round the clock business, you are. 

Either way, get used to the thought of not having a tailgate anymore unless you want to pay for a corporate type of tailgate. Get used to spending your tailgating time in Pegulas invested bars and breweries downtown. It’s going to happen. 

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I’m just telling you what the league and the teams want. More money by grown adults. Not drunk kids getting wasted in the lots and passing out in their seats before they can even spend $6 on a beer. 

Money is money whether it comes from an adult or a drunk "kid". 

I say troll the parking lots for passed out fools and take their tickets (forward electronic pass to your mobile)  

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

How many sink urinals do the bathrooms have?

Been there, done that!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, mrags said:

Listen. I don’t need a monstrosity for the stadium but it’s going to happen because it’s a way for these owners, investors, and town/city to take advantage of there being a constant cash flow every day. Not just 10 Sunday’s a year. 

Yes I want it downtown and I want it to be a dome/retractable roof. It’s good for the city and the economy overall. 

Im fine with being done with idiot tailgating at this point in my life. Sure, when I was a young and drunk kid I loved it. Took pride in being the rowdiest fans in the nfl. You can ask anyone that’s tailgated with me or say with me in the stands. Our section would tear the backs of the benches off from bashing them so hard and toss them around in the stands because it was just cool back then. But I’m an adult now and I do adult things. Maybe some day all these idiot drunk fans will realize that and want to enjoy the game without having to worry about being puked on at the game. Or watching someone finger some chicks butthole in front of them. I can assure you this, the nfl and the teams don’t want to be affiliated with any of that. It scares real paying customers away. Business men that want to buy box or club seats and spend a small fortune on drinks, food, and souvenirs every game. 

And fwi, if you don’t know, I’ll tell you. Pegula literally has his hand in everything downtown. From the canal side business to the cobblestone area. A ton of breweries down there he’s invested in. You probably don’t know this,  but upstairs in the Labatt Brew House there’s a secret Speakeasy. You get to it through a hidden passage in the bakery in the back. It was heavily influenced and funded by Pegula. Good luck getting in there without committing to spending thousands a year in booze/food/cigars and paying a yearly fee. I’ve been in it. It’s the kind of thing that young drunk idiots don’t even know about or hear stories of. 

Pegula is building the city up around that area for a reason. The Sabres and Hockey don’t make the kind of money that he’s going to make that much from. But if you add in a football stadium and round the clock business, you are. 

Either way, get used to the thought of not having a tailgate anymore unless you want to pay for a corporate type of tailgate. Get used to spending your tailgating time in Pegulas invested bars and breweries downtown. It’s going to happen. 

You're probably right that at some point they will build a new stadium.  I don't drink or tailgate that often, but I do think the Ralph is one of the best places to watch a game.  Fans are great even when the team isn't.  Not all of course, but a huge majority.   I hope they can hold out on building a new stadium for 10 years or so longer.  Long enough so I won't be around to "enjoy" it.

Be careful what you ask for.

16 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Money is money whether it comes from an adult or a drunk "kid". 

I say troll the parking lots for passed out fools and take their tickets (forward electronic pass to your mobile)  

Been there, done that!!! 

Yeah. Except young drunk idiots don’t have nearly as much money as grown adults that bring their families or even better, business events to the stadium. 

Young drunks get wasted in the parking lot off a six dollar 24 pack of Natty Ice and spend $20 in the stadium. 

An adult or businessman spends hundreds in the stadium on food, drinks, merchandise. 

And next year, the only way to get into the stadium will be electronic from your mobile. 

7 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

You're probably right that at some point they will build a new stadium.  I don't drink or tailgate that often, but I do think the Ralph is one of the best places to watch a game.  Fans are great even when the team isn't.  Not all of course, but a huge majority.   I hope they can hold out on building a new stadium for 10 years or so longer.  Long enough so I won't be around to "enjoy" it.

Be careful what you ask for.

I love the stadium. And the atmosphere when it’s good. But when you get bothered by drunk kids that can’t drink a 6 pack without falling off a 2nd level overhang, then you have problems. 

The team sucked for so long that ticket prices had to be the lowest in the league. Low ticket prices bring trash. 

It is what I want. A new stadium that’s new. Beautiful. Incredible. Good for the city. Good for the economy. 

I buy a pair of some of the cheapest seats in the stadium. I also buy a seat in the clubs. If I get priced out by a new stadium, so be it. I’m all for the betterment of the city. I’ll watch on my 65” 4K tv. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, mrags said:

I love the stadium. And the atmosphere when it’s good. But when you get bothered by drunk kids that can’t drink a 6 pack without falling off a 2nd level overhang, then you have problems. 

The team sucked for so long that ticket prices had to be the lowest in the league. Low ticket prices bring trash. 

It is what I want. A new stadium that’s new. Beautiful. Incredible. Good for the city. Good for the economy. 

I buy a pair of some of the cheapest seats in the stadium. I also buy a seat in the clubs. If I get priced out by a new stadium, so be it. I’m all for the betterment of the city. I’ll watch on my 65” 4K tv. 

I just can't help but marveling how it was cool for you be a drunken fool when you were young, but kids today shouldn't because you don't like it anymore.

Drunks are a$$holes, but I see no more of that at the Ralph than I did at Seahawks games where the prices was 3X Bills ticket prices.  If a drunk is bother you, run him in to stadium security.  You can even text it in.

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I just can't help but marveling how it was cool for you be a drunken fool when you were young, but kids today shouldn't because you don't like it anymore.

Drunks are a$$holes, but I see no more of that at the Ralph than I did at Seahawks games where the prices was 3X Bills ticket prices.  If a drunk is bother you, run him in to stadium security.  You can even text it in.

I never said I was cool when I did it. I said I did it. I acted like a fool. And I understand kids now doing it. But the fact is, that back in the day, the stadium wasn’t full of drunk fools. Now it is. Now the “Bills Mafia” seems to think that the tailgate and drunken foolery is more important than what’s on the field. When we were kids we used to get wasted with the best of them but we still remembered why we were there in the first place. It was the game on the field. 

Reporting drunks to security? Lol are you ever so funny. First of all, unless someone is being extremely rude to the point where they are fighting with innocent people, I’m no snitch. That doesn’t mean I enjoy seeing it. Same with the first take here, there’s a reason to be at the game in the first place. Drunken foolery isn’t the reason. I guess unless youre a young 20 something that thrives off being stupid. 

And texting doesn’t work. I’ve tried that multiple times. I was told it is based on a consensus. There’s over 70k people in the stadium on game days. They can’t answer all the texts. They get to them in the order they are received until there are too many to deal with. In that case they get to them based on the amount of texts they receive about a specific location/section. We tried that too with everyone around us messaging the team and actually received a text back that said we were spamming the line and because of that they didn’t take us seriously. At that point someone looked for security to remove that person. In the end, they weren’t removed, they were given a stern talking to but stayed the rest of the game to annoy everyone around them. 

That was a single instance I spoke about but it happens just about every week. It’s part of the reason why I bucked up and spent an additional $2k on a club seat. Between that and the freezing rain in November through December, I’d rather be out of the chaos and cold. 

With that being said, my end zone seats are available almost every game this year if anyone wants to put some money in my pocket. Or maybe I’ll wait until til they are in the playoff hunt at the end of the year and triple what I paid for them by the drunken idiots. 

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

very much overstating the drunk 'kid' element in this thread

agreed.  And, does the average middle-class family in this area pull in enough to support spending hundreds per game on everything the Pegulas may want them to?  I dunno...

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

It has worked for me.

Grats for you. But the fact still remains that they either need to do an extremely expensive remodel of the stadium. Or build a new one. If you ask anyone that’s not more worried about losing the tailgate experience, the answer is obvious. They will build downtown where it benefits everyone. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Grats for you. But the fact still remains that they either need to do an extremely expensive remodel of the stadium. Or build a new one. If you ask anyone that’s not more worried about losing the tailgate experience, the answer is obvious. They will build downtown where it benefits everyone. 

That's your opinion which you are entitled. to.  Mine is different.  That's why they make chocolate and vanilla.

I hope you have/had a great trip to Dallas, the city of my birth and many many moons!  I would recommend the 6th floor museum in downtown Dallas if you get the chance.

Go BILLS !!

Just now, reddogblitz said:

That's your opinion which you are entitled. to.  Mine is different.  That's why they make chocolate and vanilla.

I hope you have/had a great trip to Dallas, the city of my birth and many many moons!  I would recommend the 6th floor museum in downtown Dallas if you get the chance.

Go BILLS !!

I’m not the OP or in Dallas. Never been there. Never seen that stadium. 

https://youtu.be/vjOrOMVFCbs

3 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Stadium tour sounds cool. I've always wanted to check out New Era but I don't think they give tours. Anyone know?

I was at RWS 4-5 years ago for a cancer screening event where afterwards they took you on a tour of the locker rooms, field and press box.  There is a reason why they don't give tours normally...

IT'S A DUMP!

PS I wonder how the suite holders would feel if they knew their $$$$ expensive suites were being used for prostate exams?  ?

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I’ve seen it and walked away with a very different impression.  Sterile and not fan friendly.  It’s too big and too dependent on the huge TV screen as many seats are far away from the field.  I get that the amenities are nice but they also cost $$$$.  

Soldier field is a little weird and actually small.

Makes sense. I was only there in the 90s and for a tour and not back since. 

47 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I was at RWS 4-5 years ago for a cancer screening event where afterwards they took you on a tour of the locker rooms, field and press box.  There is a reason why they don't give tours normally...

IT'S A DUMP!

PS I wonder how the suite holders would feel if they knew their $$$$ expensive suites were being used for prostate exams?  ?

Hmm. I wonder if things have changed at all with the Peguals doing all sorts of renovations. I have a friend who gets to go to all sorts of events at the stadium since his mom is an employee and he's always said the events they have at the field house for the kids and stuff are great. Bummer that the stadium itself seems like a dud.