Luck retiring

The timing is crazy, but the kid worked his cohones off for 2+ years to come back from an injury that was caused by the team's total lack of investment in the OL and exacerbated by their utterly negligent handling of his recovery.

At some point, a guy has to make a choice between football and quality of life.

• Like (+1) 1

now he's thanking Jim IRsay; grateful to have been drafted there.

He can't fathom an owner loving his team as much as Irsay.

From the time he arrived in Indy, he felt like he could be himself and didn't have to fill the shoes of Peyton.

6 minutes ago, par73 said:

Not shocking, if you think about it. Frustrated and worn down by the injuries, and doesn't need the NFL (will do fine with his Stanford education in the "real" world).

I’d, unfortunately, bet that in front office circles this will reinforce the notion that guys with other life options are less valuable to a franchise

im also curious in player circles if this will have anyone think twice about themselves (it’s one thing when a mediocre guy walks but a franchise player?!?)

I am sad that the Andrew Luck civil war Twitter account will be dead... 

Andrew Luck himself who really cares just one less team to worry about. Let him spend the money he stole from the NFL. I wish I could be lucky. Albert Haynesworth, Vontae Davis type *****.

Edited by Boca BIlls