YoloinOhio

Panthers DE Bryan Cox, Jr. in trouble

11 hours ago, bills7834 said:

I think I may have hated his dad growing up more than any other NFL player when he played for the Dolphins. 

Without a doubt, for me.  I can't even think of a close second.

12 hours ago, bills7834 said:

I think I may have hated his dad growing up more than any other NFL player when he played for the Dolphins. 

...sounds like the acorn doesn't fall too far from the tree............

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Why?  Because he smokes pot and drives fast?  Common man.

11 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

No it is not

Is it still criminal?  NYS just decriminalized possession so it would be a slap on the wrist to be pulled over with it.  I am wondering what this means for him in NC.

As all the laws across the country keep shifting with regards to this, it's going to be very hard for the NFL to have a definitive stance on it.

Even if they don't test for it, if players keep getting arrested for possession, they are still subject to the Player Code of Conduct with regards to being arrested etc...

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Serious, or not, anything the guy does will be a headline, just because of his name.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

I’m sure many of us have driven 90 in a 65 at one time in our life. 

.....more than once for some. 😎

I wonder if they hold him out of the game tomorrow night as punishment. Or they could go the Hue Jackson route with Antonio Calloway similar thing last year and just play him the entire game and on ST to the point of exhaustion 

I think Brian Burns will be out too with injury. But Cox is the one fighting for a roster spot.

9 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Is it still criminal?

This is North Cackalacky, man...we've got a nice mainstream pocket in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area but outside of that it's as Alabama as it gets.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, bills7834 said:

He didn't like us much either (by "us" I mean Bills fans.) 

12 hours ago, vincec said:

image.png.20e479635b1b7f49a49d0f05f5e1751c.png

To the younger crowd: Yes, this did happen. 

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

To the younger crowd: Yes, this did happen. 

I remember the next game after he spat at the fans while being ejected, someone chartered a plane with a banner reading "Hey Cox, next time don't spit - swallow!"

poor kid had it bad from the get go being named after his old man Im calling it child abuse just sayin'.... 

12 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

Basically, I get his Dad was a dick, but this guy basically got pulled over for a speeding ticket. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

I remember the next game after he spat at the fans while being ejected, someone chartered a plane with a banner reading "Hey Cox, next time don't spit - swallow!"

I attended a MNF game Chargers-Miami here in socal and a Bills fan posted a banner in then Jack Murphy stadium "Bryan Cox WANTED IN BUFFALO" dude couldn't get away from  Bills fans smacking the guy how classic is that LOL

Edited by muppy

13 hours ago, bills7834 said:

I did as well, but he did Sitius radio show for a while and he was great..and i grew to like him.

12 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

Basically, I get his Dad was a dick, but this guy basically got pulled over for a speeding ticket. 

Man, smoking and driving is a huge concern for me. I have a 20 and 18 yr old so know a little bout the current generation , they never even THINK about having more than 1 drink and getting behind the wheel, their generation is great about that. But smoking and driving they see no problem and i am like WTF????

10 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Jon Stewart HATES when people bring this up. 

I watched Half Baked every night in the summer of 1999 in college for two straight months. What a loser (cough cough)...............

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The dildos are what will make all the charges stick...

Why are we all so obsessed with phalli?!?! Is it healthy? Why does Brady enjoy it more than us?

15 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Jon Stewart HATES when people bring this up. 

I watched Half Baked every night in the summer of 1999 in college for two straight months. What a loser (cough cough)...............

Stewart is anti pot now ? 

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why is everyone ignoring the amphetamine possession?!  ‘They say they cited him for the speed...’

🙄

😁

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I did as well, but he did Sitius radio show for a while and he was great..and i grew to like him.

Man, smoking and driving is a huge concern for me. I have a 20 and 18 yr old so know a little bout the current generation , they never even THINK about having more than 1 drink and getting behind the wheel, their generation is great about that. But smoking and driving they see no problem and i am like WTF????

when I was younger...smoking and driving was easier...you actually paid more attention and drove slower and more careful....

• Thanks! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Stewart is anti pot now ? 

I highly doubt that........he hates the character he portrayed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

when I was younger...smoking and driving was easier...you actually paid more attention and drove slower and more careful....

Except possibly during a munchies run...