Sunday Ticket update

Gisele

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Here is the key: 

"The NFL would be walking away from $3 billion if it ends the $1.5-billion-per-year DirecTV Sunday Ticket deal early, and Goodell’s emphasis on the satellite rights for the out-of-market package means that the league could try to keep the satellite deal in place and sell the Internet streaming rights separately. That would expand the availability of the premium package while also maintaining the significant revenue stream that comes from DirecTV."

So...if next season the games are streamed by one or more outlets, and DirecTV still has the satellite rights, I would imagine fans would see some real competition here and prices would be affected, in the fans' favor, accordingly.  I like the move by the NFL here...they get their $3B regardless from AT&T and they could sell the streaming rights to Google, Amazon or whoever...this could be the death-nail for DTV, however.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Finally made the call.  It was painful this year.  First call was to the regular customer service office.  The lady was nice, but said the full Sunday Ticket price of $293.94 was due and my $50 monthly discount that just expired on August 23rd cannot be reinstated.   She was of zero help and wouldn't transfer me to anyone stating that her department has access to any discounts and their aren't any at this time.   I politely ended the call and promptly dialed again.  Got another unhelpful lady who the best she could offer my 20 year loyalty was $5/off per month for 12 months.  I politely ended that call and dialed again.  Finally I got a guy on the line and told him the same thing...that I could not afford the bill and would like to discuss cancelling.  Instead of dancing around with me, he gave me the phone number to customer retention which was a big help, because the other ladies acted as if such a department did not exist.

When i called retention a nice guy answered and listened to my situation.  I did not beat around the bush but I was very polite.  After listening, the guy said he could offer me 2019 Sunday Ticket at NO cost but the only other discounts available at this time was $5/off per month for a year.   He said to check back in a couple weeks as more account discounts may be available.  After questioning it for a minute or two I  took his offer for Free ST and the extra $5 off.   Of course I'll call back in a couple weeks.  I'm thankful for the free ticket, but reality is my bill will be $45 higher/per month indefinitely.  For those of you that got Free ST AND a huge monthly credit, props to you.  

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Instead of dancing around with me, he gave me the phone number to customer retention which was a big help,

Could you post that number? Please. I've been a customer for 22 years and have never called but getting fed up with the high bill. Thank you.

7 minutes ago, jayg said:

Could you post that number? Please. I've been a customer for 22 years and have never called but getting fed up with the high bill. Thank you.

When I got my bill for September, with ST it was $232, I called, explained my wife and I are retired, fixed incomes and had to cancel because there are plenty of options out there much cheaper, long story short, my bill is now $100 and have ST

9 minutes ago, jayg said:

At the main prompt...just say "cancel" and you will be sent right to retention/loyalty....you don't have to threaten to cancel but this action will take you right to where you want to be.

Just now, Nervous Guy said:

At the main prompt...just say "cancel" and you will be sent right to retention/loyalty....you don't have to threaten to cancel but this action will take you right to where you want to be.

Exactly, it's what I did

8 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:
20 minutes ago, jayg said:

Thank you!

1 hour ago, jayg said:

You bet. I wrote it down in blood for future reference.

1-877-999-1083

8 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Here is the key: 

"The NFL would be walking away from $3 billion if it ends the $1.5-billion-per-year DirecTV Sunday Ticket deal early, and Goodell’s emphasis on the satellite rights for the out-of-market package means that the league could try to keep the satellite deal in place and sell the Internet streaming rights separately. That would expand the availability of the premium package while also maintaining the significant revenue stream that comes from DirecTV."

So...if next season the games are streamed by one or more outlets, and DirecTV still has the satellite rights, I would imagine fans would see some real competition here and prices would be affected, in the fans' favor, accordingly.  I like the move by the NFL here...they get their $3B regardless from AT&T and they could sell the streaming rights to Google, Amazon or whoever...this could be the death-nail for DTV, however.

I actually feel it will be Directv who pulls the plug on the TV deal before the NFL does. That’s a massive sum that Directv pays out and they are hemorrhaging subscribers. 

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

Finally made the call.  It was painful this year.  First call was to the regular customer service office.  The lady was nice, but said the full Sunday Ticket price of $293.94 was due and my $50 monthly discount that just expired on August 23rd cannot be reinstated.   She was of zero help and wouldn't transfer me to anyone stating that her department has access to any discounts and their aren't any at this time.   I politely ended the call and promptly dialed again.  Got another unhelpful lady who the best she could offer my 20 year loyalty was $5/off per month for 12 months.  I politely ended that call and dialed again.  Finally I got a guy on the line and told him the same thing...that I could not afford the bill and would like to discuss cancelling.  Instead of dancing around with me, he gave me the phone number to customer retention which was a big help, because the other ladies acted as if such a department did not exist.

When i called retention a nice guy answered and listened to my situation.  I did not beat around the bush but I was very polite.  After listening, the guy said he could offer me 2019 Sunday Ticket at NO cost but the only other discounts available at this time was $5/off per month for a year.   He said to check back in a couple weeks as more account discounts may be available.  After questioning it for a minute or two I  took his offer for Free ST and the extra $5 off.   Of course I'll call back in a couple weeks.  I'm thankful for the free ticket, but reality is my bill will be $45 higher/per month indefinitely.  For those of you that got Free ST AND a huge monthly credit, props to you.  

I cut the cord over a year ago and wonder why i didnt do it sooner. IPTV for under $15 a month that includes 2 streams at the same time, literally every sporting event and all PPV's, thousands of movies and series and about 6K TV Channels makes any other option a veey poor one...

Edited by matter2003

On 08/28/2019 at 10:29 AM, Taro T said:

Started out with "cancel account" and after about 5 minutes of being on hold ended up with a very nice customer retention / loyalty rep. 

Told her I'd like to discuss the loss of CBS & CW and also getting a discount on ST.

Will be getting a "local channel connector" (aka an antenna) for free with a $10 discount for the month of the channels missing.  And will get $40 / month off for a year to (more than) cover the $290 for the ticket.  Asked if Max could get thrown in for free and paid for that but got 6 months of discounts to almost exactly even that cost out.

Easiest & quickest (at least in the top 3) call I've had with them in the 15 or so years of making that call.  Probably could have haggled for more, but the aggravation wouldn't have been worth the added discount.

Update: today I paid the price for having an easy experience with customer service yesterday.

The LCC (over the air antenna) arrived today.  And initially it found about 1/2 the stations that should have been available but all had too low a signal to display the station via DTv.

Tried just the antenna alone and got almost every OTA channel available.  Retried it through DTv and after several tries ended up with 2-4 copies of the same stations that wouldn't show.  "Cleared" the OTA channels and then retried to upload them and 0 of the channels even show up in the lineup.

That took about 3 hours to finally give up and call DTv.  Tried to get tech service here in the US but called too late apparently and spoke to a woman from central Asia who was of little help.  (primarily because 1 of the 3 OTA stations I haven't received for 2 months is back and she couldn't/ wouldn't believe all 3 weren't back so I shouldn't need / want the LCC anyway).  45 minutes later, I might get a replacement LCC.

I called three days ago. I told her I’ll need to cancel as I can’t afford $396 for Sunday Ticket Max. She told me to hold while she checked on some offers. I was very optimistic. She comes back and tells me there’s nothing she can do. To save face, I cancelled Sunday Ticket. She made no attempt to keep me. I had planned on crawling back next week. 

I began researching Sunday Ticket streaming for students. My daughter is in college here in Phoenix and has an .edu email. I went to sign up as a student with only her name, college name and birthdate. Didn’t ask for actual email address. I guess there’s a student clearinghouse which verifies students. Success!  The only thing is you need a different email than your previous ST account. $79.99 for the YEAR includes Red Zone. Use coupon code BACKTOSCHOOL. I installed the ST app on Apple TV (you can watch on any device). As a bonus I got last nights game free as they use the final preseason game to work out bugs. You can only watch on one device at a time so the college kid that lets you use their info must not like football. 

An added bonus is the streaming picture is much better than my satellite picture ever was. 

• Like (+1) 1

My plan to watch the game via Facebook Bills Mafia and then cast it on my TV was short-lived.  Looks like the guy who does it is going to the game and will not have it on Facebook.  I need a new plan.  Hopefully not one that costs me $300.

Just now, PIZ said:

My plan to watch the game via Facebook Bills Mafia and then cast it on my TV was short-lived.  Looks like the guy who does it is going to the game and will not have it on Facebook.  I need a new plan.  Hopefully not one that costs me $300.

Fire stick $39.99

On 8/29/2019 at 4:54 PM, matter2003 said:

IPTV for under $15 a month that includes 2 streams at the same time, literally every sporting event

Does that include out-of-market games? In other words, can I watch all the Bills' games from the Midwest?

On 8/30/2019 at 4:58 AM, Bills2ref said:

Just in case anyone hasn’t noticed, the blackout is over. All your local Nexstar stations are back on DirecTV. 

Actually, I still don't have ABC and cw. I have all the football stations though, so that's good. I haven't had abc since may. It's kinda ridiculous 

24 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I'm curious to know if any other season ticket holders took the $100 ST Max deal that came via email.  I did, got an acknowledgement message in return, but the deal's not active on my account yet.  I hope they don't wait too long to activate it. 

I did this too but only received the email acknowledgment that “it will take take 5 business days to process”. I figure that should be Wed or Thurs this week.

27 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Thanks!  Let's hope they get it done by then or I'll be a nervous wreck. 

I just checked the 700s on DTV and Bills-Jets on 708 and set it to record so it must have gone through!

53 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

I did this too but only received the email acknowledgment that “it will take take 5 business days to process”. I figure that should be Wed or Thurs this week.

I've had the Sunday ticket for 8 years and have never heard of it taking any amount of time to process, unless I missed something and you guys are talking about something completely different