Can Christian Wade be the 53 man roster this year

FLBillsGuy

7 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

(Automated Response) This thread is no longer contributing to the community. Wade will be on the practice squad. Will reopen in 2020. 

You dont mind a prediction or two do you?

Edited by Aussie Joe

6 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Can we put him on the actual practice squad or does it have be an exempt player or on the team?

He can make the 53 man roster or go straight to the PS as a protected/11th player there, but can't go to the 53-man roster from there.

30 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Trade McCoy.

Cut Yeldon.

RBs: Gore, Singletary, Perry, Wade

Because there's no way another team doesn't pick Wade up at this point.

He just sheds tacklers then puts on the after burners. I don't care if you keep 5 but he's gotta be on this team.

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/10/2019 at 5:23 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Per my understanding of the international allocation program he is unable to make the 53 this season

Because all 8 international players tried out originally as free agents and were not signed

Then the international allocation program randomly divided the players to random divisions. The AFC east being one

Since Wade was allocated to the Bills he gets a free ride on the PS all year but is not eligible for the active squad

No I'm pretty sure he can make the 53. He just has to at the beginning of the season if he is. They are given an extra PS spot for him, and if they use that he can't be elevated to the active roster.

He won't make it anyway, but I'm quite sure the Bills could keep him on the active roster if they wanted. It would make no sense forcing a guy to be stuck on the practice squad.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

No I'm pretty sure he can make the 53. He just has to at the beginning of the season if he is. They are given an extra PS spot for him, and if they use that he can't be elevated to the active roster.

He won't make it anyway, but I'm quite sure the Bills could keep him on the active roster if they wanted. It would make no sense forcing a guy to be stuck on the practice squad.

He can make it. When I posted that the article I read said he was not eligible

Edited by Buffalo716

36 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Trade McCoy.

Cut Yeldon.

RBs: Gore, Singletary, Perry, Wade

Because there's no way another team doesn't pick Wade up at this point.

What in the hell are you talking about? You're an awful poster. You harrass people in real life and your football points suck.

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

He can make it. When I posted that the article I read said he was not eligible

My bad. I'm a little late to the thread

On 8/12/2019 at 1:59 PM, GreggTX said:

Given his very considerable skills, I think they'd be crazy to let him get away. He's a project for sure, but he was a star in the European rugby leagues. Why not here?

Because it's a different sport?

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

He can make the 53 man roster or go straight to the PS as a protected/11th player there, but can't go to the 53-man roster from there.

What about practice squad player non protected ? Or is it automatically protected if he is on the practice squad?

Considering he is in his late 20s it would be beneficial for him not to be protected if a team wants to give him a shot 

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

What about practice squad player non protected ? Or is it automatically protected if he is on the practice squad?

Considering he is in his late 20s it would be beneficial for him not to be protected if a team wants to give him a shot 

I don't know if they can put him on the non-protected PS.  I'm thinking not.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

What in the hell are you talking about? You're an awful poster. You harrass people in real life and your football points suck.

My bad. I'm a little late to the thread

Because it's a different sport?

Harass people in real life? What are you talking about? You've had a problem with me for a while and I can't remember what the root of it is.

Just now, The Bills Blog said:

Harass people in real life? What are you talking about? You've had a problem with me for a while and I can't remember what the root of it is.

You've never had to be restrained in the stadium? You've posted some stuff about your doings. 

• Haha (+1) 1

We are talking about 53 players...there is room to keep him if they feel he can add something this year.  Not all 53 are going to be regular contributors playing heavy minutes.  

That being said, its still a long shot without an injury or trade because that would mean McCoy, Gore, and Singletary are locks.  They could keep him as a 4th, but he would have to show enough progress to do that in all the areas.  Yeldon looked good tonight, albeit against lesser competition and hasn't really done much until tonight.  But I still think he's likely the 4th RB and Wade would be on the PS.  But if Wade keeps making plays, who knows.  

But I think Wade has for sure secured his PS exemption and will be back in camp next year likely without Gore and McCoy ahead of him.  And with a year under his belt, he could be ready to compete to contribute.   

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

We are talking about 53 players...there is room to keep him if they feel he can add something this year.  Not all 53 are going to be regular contributors playing heavy minutes.  

That being said, its still a long shot without an injury or trade because that would mean McCoy, Gore, and Singletary are locks.  They could keep him as a 4th, but he would have to show enough progress to do that in all the areas.  Yeldon looked good tonight, albeit against lesser competition and hasn't really done much until tonight.  But I still think he's likely the 4th RB and Wade would be on the PS.  But if Wade keeps making plays, who knows.  

But I think Wade has for sure secured his PS exemption and will be back in camp next year likely without Gore and McCoy ahead of him.  And with a year under his belt, he could be ready to compete to contribute.   

I don’t think Gore is a lock.

9 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I don’t think Gore is a lock.

You are right on that, but I think he's pretty close to one because he's not only still a good football player, they love what he brings to the team and locker room character wise and as a good presence around our young guys.  

But yeah, saying he is a lock was probably a bit over stated by me, so you are right.