FLBillsGuy

Can Christian Wade be the 53 man roster this year

58 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

He did retire from Rugby but that doesn't mean he can't un retire. 

Oct 24, 2018 - Wasps have released their England wing Christian Wade from his contract so he can attempt to break into American football. Wade, whose solitary cap came in 2013 against Argentina before he was summoned to join the British & Irish Lions in Australia, has scored 82 Premiership tries …

I can 100% guarantee that if things didn't work out for him in the NFL, and he wanted to come back here, Wasps would have a new contract ready to be signed before he even got off the plane.

Not only was he a top tryscorer, but opposing defences were so worried about what he might do that they overloaded his channel with extra defenders - leaving gaps elsewhere for his teammates to run into. If he makes the 53 and gets a few starts, I can see that happening to teams playing the Bills. It would be nice for a change to watch a Superbowl in which it wasn't a foregone conclusion that the New England Patriots would win.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

"When you get in the open field play rugby"

That's some awesome advice for him.

• Like (+1) 1

Trade McCoy.

Cut Yeldon.

RBs: Gore, Singletary, Perry, Wade

Because there's no way another team doesn't pick Wade up at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused 1

....considering that run of the mill RB's are available everywhere....why not keep Wade?  If he doesn't work out, you just go to the Dollar General and get Yeldon or whoever...they are everyone....no reason not to give the guy a shot considering what he's shown...I'm impressed.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

....considering that run of the mill RB's are available everywhere....why not keep Wade?  If he doesn't work out, you just go to the Dollar General and get Yeldon or whoever...they are everyone....no reason not to give the guy a shot considering what he's shown...I'm impressed.

Because he doesn't really know how to play football yet. He could be a prime candidate for practice squad but he has a long road ahead of him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Because he just doesn't understand the game.

It's such a different thing to be inculcated into football from childhood - some might say birth - and a totally different thing to learn it - as an adult - in a year or two.

I'd love him to make the 53, but I just think the deck is too stacked against him.

Though he is doing his best to give himself a shot. He really is incredibly talented.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

(Automated Response) This thread is no longer contributing to the community. Wade will be on the practice squad. Will reopen in 2020. 

You dont mind a prediction or two do you?

Edited by Aussie Joe

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Why, you got some insider info? I know a guy 

Nah I got nothing...

I don’t think Perry will make this team though

6 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Can we put him on the actual practice squad or does it have be an exempt player or on the team?

He can make the 53 man roster or go straight to the PS as a protected/11th player there, but can't go to the 53-man roster from there.

30 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Trade McCoy.

Cut Yeldon.

He just sheds tacklers then puts on the after burners. I don't care if you keep 5 but he's gotta be on this team.

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/10/2019 at 5:23 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Per my understanding of the international allocation program he is unable to make the 53 this season

Because all 8 international players tried out originally as free agents and were not signed

Then the international allocation program randomly divided the players to random divisions. The AFC east being one

Since Wade was allocated to the Bills he gets a free ride on the PS all year but is not eligible for the active squad

No I'm pretty sure he can make the 53. He just has to at the beginning of the season if he is. They are given an extra PS spot for him, and if they use that he can't be elevated to the active roster.

He won't make it anyway, but I'm quite sure the Bills could keep him on the active roster if they wanted. It would make no sense forcing a guy to be stuck on the practice squad.

There's too big a roster advantage to the leverage of stashing Wade on PS without the possibility of being poached.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

No I'm pretty sure he can make the 53. He just has to at the beginning of the season if he is. They are given an extra PS spot for him, and if they use that he can't be elevated to the active roster.

He won't make it anyway, but I'm quite sure the Bills could keep him on the active roster if they wanted. It would make no sense forcing a guy to be stuck on the practice squad.

He can make it. When I posted that the article I read said he was not eligible

Edited by Buffalo716

36 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Trade McCoy.

Cut Yeldon.

What in the hell are you talking about? You're an awful poster. You harrass people in real life and your football points suck.

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

He can make it. When I posted that the article I read said he was not eligible

My bad. I'm a little late to the thread

On 8/12/2019 at 1:59 PM, GreggTX said:

Given his very considerable skills, I think they'd be crazy to let him get away. He's a project for sure, but he was a star in the European rugby leagues. Why not here?

Because it's a different sport?

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

He can make the 53 man roster or go straight to the PS as a protected/11th player there, but can't go to the 53-man roster from there.

What about practice squad player non protected ? Or is it automatically protected if he is on the practice squad?

Considering he is in his late 20s it would be beneficial for him not to be protected if a team wants to give him a shot 

I don’t see a reason to risk having him on the 53.. let him learn for a year and step in next year. 

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

What about practice squad player non protected ? Or is it automatically protected if he is on the practice squad?

Considering he is in his late 20s it would be beneficial for him not to be protected if a team wants to give him a shot 

I don't know if they can put him on the non-protected PS.  I'm thinking not.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

What in the hell are you talking about? You're an awful poster. You harrass people in real life and your football points suck.

My bad. I'm a little late to the thread

Because it's a different sport?

Harass people in real life? What are you talking about? You've had a problem with me for a while and I can't remember what the root of it is.