Josh and our HC

Stallions

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Stallions are wicked cool.

Rocky Balboa is the BEST STALLION, EVER!!!!

He beat Creed.  He beat Mr. T.  He beat Ivan Drago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he nailed Adrian.  Do you know how hot Adrian was?!?!?!

She was just a geek in a pet store, but Rocky KNEW she was hot.  HE KNEW IT

You know why?  Because he was THE STALLION!!!

OH.  MY..  GAWD

Haikuses are awesome!

I'll go first!!!!  THEN YOU GO!!!!!!!

Stallions are so fast

Sometimes they are slow

We found a slow one.

Bills picked the wrong Josh

Thad Brown uncomfortable

Stallion is horse?

?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Augie's no stallion

Just a donkey wannabe

I still love Augie

One lady’s donkey is another lady’s stallion! 

My wife had a brief period of confusion/delusion, and she just elected to live with it. Go figure! 

• Haha (+1) 4

41 minutes ago, Stallions said:

I thought Josh looked very poor in the 1st pre-season game.  The same accuracy issues as last year and the lack of game instincts.  His release is slow and if he keeps running the ball when he feels no receiver is open he'll get hurt. 

As a LEADER for the offense he seems very immature.  A lot of nice talk to the media and in his Buffalo area commercials but he just doesn't come-off as THE GUY!!

With the HC in his 3rd season he needs WINS!  Will he allow Josh to decide his fate???

Great thread.  A legitimate question deserves a legitimate response.  The answer is yes.

/thread

• Like (+1) 1

Let me tell you one more thing.  Before I lay my head down.

Adrian ... she aiin't just Rockys girl.  She's Michael Corleone's sister.  CONNIE!!!

YOU DON'T ***** WITH CONNIE.  AND YOU DON'T ***** WITH ADRIAN!!!!!!!!

That's how STALLIONS do.  Yeah.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Great thread.  A legitimate question deserves a legitimate response.  The answer is yes.

/thread

And if Josh proves he’s NOT the guy? I give this FO another shot at the crap shoot that is picking a QB. I’m a fan of our GM/HC. This is the best roster we’ve had in quite some time from where I sit. They are doing A LOT right. 

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Let me tell you one more thing.  Before I lay my head down.

Adrian ... she aiin't just Rockys girl.  She's Michael Corleone's sister.  CONNIE!!!

YOU DON'T ***** WITH CONNIE.  AND YOU DON'T ***** WITH ADRIAN!!!!!!!!

That's how STALLIONS do.  Yeah.

I don’t think you get haikus AT ALL!

I’m OK with that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

And if Josh proves he’s NOT the guy? I give this FO another shot at the crap shoot that is picking a QB. I’m a fan of our GM/HC. This is the best roster we’ve had in quite some time from where I sit. They are doing A LOT right. 

I don’t think you get haikus AT ALL!

I’m OK with that. 

No, no! He's got a point!

1 hour ago, Stallions said:

I thought Josh looked very poor in the 1st pre-season game.  The same accuracy issues as last year and the lack of game instincts.  His release is slow and if he keeps running the ball when he feels no receiver is open he'll get hurt. 

As a LEADER for the offense he seems very immature.  A lot of nice talk to the media and in his Buffalo area commercials but he just doesn't come-off as THE GUY!!

With the HC in his 3rd season he needs WINS!  Will he allow Josh to decide his fate???

.:::::::::::::::

2 hours ago, Stallions said:

Opinions can't usually be wrong. This is the exception.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Stallions said:

I disagree with this completely ..Josh looked fine he had a touchdown dropped...and two plays called back by penalty the only truly poor throw he made was the low one to Zay jones..it's the preseason everything is vanilla all you're trying to go is give the offence some live game reps . 

I'm a fan of Josh, I just don't think he's going to be the guy.

With that being said, I don't think we can take away much from a preseason game, even if he looked amazing.

We saw Peterman look pretty damn good with the offense last preseason, didn't mean a thing.

My main issue with Allen as a player is that his success depends on him becoming a player he's never been before at any level... Unlike a lot of QB's that needed time to develop into great players in the NFL, Allen wasn't exactly lighting it up during his college career either.

Example: you may see some QB's just put up insane numbers and play out of their minds in college, then hope that one day they can perform that way in the pros. You want to get them to that same level, only against higher competition. Mahomes for instance put up ridiculous numbers & carried Texas Tech as best he could, and seeing that made you think "man, if he could do that in the pros he'd be great!"

But even if you got Allen's absolute best in college, only now in the NFL, that wouldn't be anything great. If you're drafting a QB hoping they can play as great as they did in the past, Allen wouldn't be the guy you'd draft. In other words, the coaching staff was under the impression that they had the tools to make him into an elite QB themselves, something other coaches haven't been able to do yet.

And therein lies the issue. McDermott is a great Defensive minded HC, but he doesn't appear to be the best QB evaluator out there. This is the same guy who thought we were so perfectly ok at the QB position that we didn't need a veteran at the position to help groom Allen, and that we also were perfectly fine trading away McCarron, and perfectly fine starting Nathan Peterman.... Then he proceeds to yank the guy he was so confident in by halftime, and forces the rookie 1st round pick, who was known to be the most raw QB of the big 4 drafted, into game action already....

Took him a while to realize how dumb that was, then snagged Anderson as quickly as he could, that backfired, then had to grab Barkley out of a park to just have ANYONE to trot out there. Luckily Barkley ended up playing great, but the entire situation was botched from the start.

TL;DR - McDermott hasn't shown that he even knows how to evaluate the QB position, Allen hasn't ever played like a great QB at any level, so hoping McDermott & Co. can coach him into a player he's never shown he can be, only now in the NFL, seems really, REALLY unlikely. 

Edited by BigDingus

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I'm a fan of Josh, I just don't think he's going to be the guy.

With that being said, I don't think we can take away much from a preseason game, even if he looked amazing.

We saw Peterman look pretty damn good with the offense last preseason, didn't mean a thing.

My main issue with Allen as a player is that his success depends on him becoming a player he's never been before at any level... Unlike a lot of QB's that needed time to develop into great players in the NFL, Allen wasn't exactly lighting it up during his college career either.

Example: you may see some QB's just put up insane numbers and play out of their minds in college, then hope that one day they can perform that way in the pros. You want to get them to that same level, only against higher competition. Mahomes for instance put up ridiculous numbers & carried Texas Tech as best he could, and seeing that made you think "man, if he could do that in the pros he'd be great!"

But even if you got Allen's absolute best in college, only now in the NFL, that wouldn't be anything great. If you're drafting a QB hoping they can play as great as they did in the past, Allen wouldn't be the guy you'd draft. In other words, the coaching staff was under the impression that they had the tools to make him into an elite QB themselves, something other coaches haven't been able to do yet.

And therein lies the issue. McDermott is a great Defensive minded HC, but he doesn't appear to be the best QB evaluator out there. This is the same guy who thought we were so perfectly ok at the QB position that we didn't need a veteran at the position to help groom Allen, and that we also were perfectly fine trading away McCarron, and perfectly fine starting Nathan Peterman.... Then he proceeds to yank the guy he was so confident in by halftime, and forces the rookie 1st round pick, who was known to be the most raw QB of the big 4 drafted, into game action already....

Took him a while to realize how dumb that was, then snagged Anderson as quickly as he could, that backfired, then had to grab Barkley out of a park to just have ANYONE to trot out there. Luckily Barkley ended up playing great, but the entire situation was botched from the start.

TL;DR - McDermott hasn't shown that he even knows how to evaluate the QB position, Allen hasn't ever played like a great QB at any level, so hoping McDermott & Co. can coach him into a player he's never shown he can be, only now in the NFL, seems really, REALLY unlikely. 

Finally a post that makes sense, I didn't understand all the other spam posts.

I agree about McDermott and his lack of talent evaluation skills. Passing on Mahomes and drafting a "tools" QB could prove to be yet another huge Bills blunder. This is why I think Mahomes and Allen will always be linked to many Bills fans in terms of their career paths.