Oline has me worried.

gjv001

7 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I don’t worry about things I have no control over, I’m retired living on my sail boat in the Bahamas for Five months of the year, hell, I rarely worry ever. (Except for Mother Nature having her way, it’s a boat life thing).   Training camp football is on the list of things to not be worried about.  Actual games, I like to see my chosen team win.  I’ll leave the “worrying ” to the GM and HC.  To the OP just sit back and enjoy the spectacle that is the NFL, and most importantly the Buffalo Bills.

Go Bills!!!

That's life, not football. We're fans. This is what we do here. Share our concerns and discuss and debate them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gjv001 said:

With the large influx of Olinemen I was starting to believe that the major weakness we suffered with last year was behind us. However, the injuries and poor performance of the Oline at camp on day 6 is very concerning. I know it's early, but as of today the four highest paid free agent Oline signees are either injured or unable to crack the starting lineup. Josh Allen was under extreme pressure throughout the prctice.

Huh?  So the OL looks good pretty much every day of the entire offseason programs...and then one mediocre practice against what should be a top 5 defense while a couple different starters rotated in is now a concern?  

No disrespect, but I just don't understand these hot takes people come up with over one practice, one play, etc...good or bad hot takes.  

1 hour ago, gjv001 said:

With the large influx of Olinemen I was starting to believe that the major weakness we suffered with last year was behind us. However, the injuries and poor performance of the Oline at camp on day 6 is very concerning. I know it's early, but as of today the four highest paid free agent Oline signees are either injured or unable to crack the starting lineup. Josh Allen was under extreme pressure throughout the prctice.

+ 1

I agree 100 %.  Anypne who is not somewhat concerned at this point shoul dbe.  If the Bills have to start the season with EITHER Bodine or Groy at C, watch out.  I am not 

sure who is worse, but there was plenty of analysis and grading of these guys even going back a year to show they were probably the worst Centers in the league.

This was a major rebiuld of the O-line, and if it fails, it might be very bad for Allan and this Team, and McBean.

• Like (+1) 1

Guys are being moved in and out of different positions to find their homes on the OL, I wouldn't read too much into it yet. Our starters will be set by preseason game 1 or they should be at least, then they'll need some time to gel, Until then there will be some times where Allen will have to improvise imo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gjv001 said:

Don't worry.  Be happy.  Trust the process. McBeane has a plan. Billieve. 

12 minutes ago, nucci said:

That's life, not football. We're fans. This is what we do here. Share our concerns and discuss and debate them.

Being a Football fan is part of life, like I said, sit back and enjoy the spectacle, and our Buffalo Bills, no worries ?

unless you like like to have concerns and worry, then go for it, and worry your backside off... 

Go Bills!!!

44 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

While our oline certainly wasn’t good last year, I think you overstating how bad it was.  https://www.pff.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-17. And you certainly are underestimating how many bad olines this franchise has fielded. 

It was the worst run blocking line I have ever seen Buffalo put on a field, worse than the consecutive 2-14 seasons in 84 and 85.  I didn't say worst in the NFL.

If they weren't too shabby last year, explain why the starting line will have 4 new faces.

Edited by Azucho98

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Being a Football fan is part of life, like I said, sit back and enjoy the spectacle, and our Buffalo Bills, no worries ?

unless you like like to have concerns and worry, then go for it, and worry your backside off... 

Go Bills!!!

unfortunately, it's who I am....not just about football

1 hour ago, Azucho98 said:

Last years line was one of the worst ever fielded by a Bills team.  There is NO WAY this years line will be as bad or worse.  Much more talent on the roster.

Why not?

Just now, nucci said:

unfortunately, it's who I am....not just about football

Gotcha, my brother is like that, takes all kinds to make it work. If everyone was the same It would be a boring world.

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Huh?  So the OL looks good pretty much every day of the entire offseason programs...and then one mediocre practice against what should be a top 5 defense while a couple different starters rotated in is now a concern?  

No disrespect, but I just don't understand these hot takes people come up with over one practice, one play, etc...good or bad hot takes.  

Who says this is a top 5 defense?  18-19 points / game last year.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ll worry if they don’t get the O-line sorted by the third preseason game. I expect a bunch of subs and juggling until then while the coaching staff figures out who plays better together. At this point Dawkins and Spain appear to be stable on the left side... I’ll take that for the first week of camp. 

1 hour ago, gjv001 said:

OK I get the panic vibe emanating from you on this.  I went to camp yesterday and noticed that O-Line minus Morse and Long looked out of sync - to be expected with the key position C (Morse), and one of the most tenured vets (Long) being missing.  In addition Dawkins missed a series and Nsekhe had to play LT so lots of discombobulation in the live 11 on 11.  

Bodine will not make the roster and neither will Ducasse.  IMHO Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Ford and Nsekhe are there best 5 Olinemen and should lineup as such.  Long and Feliciano are Interior O-Line backups and Waddle is the backup swing tackle.  Teller may make the 53 but will seldom dress in this scenario.  Or they rotate week to week between Long and Feliciano as C/G backup.

3 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

OK I get the panic vibe emanating from you on this.  I went to camp yesterday and noticed that O-Line minus Morse and Long looked out of sync - to be expected with the key position C (Morse), and one of the most tenured vets (Long) being missing.  In addition Dawkins missed a series and Nsekhe had to play LT so lots of discombobulation in the live 11 on 11.  

Bodine will not make the roster and neither will Ducasse.  IMHO Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Ford and Nsekhe are there best 5 Olinemen and should lineup as such.  Long and Feliciano are Interior O-Line backups and Waddle is the backup swing tackle.  Teller may make the 53 but will seldom dress in this scenario.  Or they rotate week to week between Long and Feliciano as C/G backup.

They are probably taking 9 O lineman and Bodine provides way more security than Teller.

Not to mention, Teller is straight trash.  Not even sure if Bills will try and put him back on PS