Oline has me worried.

gjv001

41 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

With the large influx of Olinemen I was starting to believe that the major weakness we suffered with last year was behind us. However, the injuries and poor performance of the Oline at camp on day 6 is very concerning. I know it's early, but as of today the four highest paid free agent Oline signees are either injured or unable to crack the starting lineup. Josh Allen was under extreme pressure throughout the prctice.

Number one factor in an OLine's performance is their ability to gel together over time so they know each other's tendencies and what the other is going to do against certain looks and pressures. If at mid-season we haven't seen steady improvement from preseason game 1 up til that point then yes it is a concern.  At this point, it's not a concern at all and it should almost be expected.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This is peak pre-season message board material.  I mean, the D-Line gets paid alot of money too.  They are gonna win the day from time to time. Also, not for nothing, they were really good for the first five practices. 

Yep. It’s worth noting the DL struggled the day before when the OL got the better of it. It’s training camp; there are gonna be ebbs and flows. 

Edited by K-9

52 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

With the large influx of Olinemen I was starting to believe that the major weakness we suffered with last year was behind us. However, the injuries and poor performance of the Oline at camp on day 6 is very concerning. I know it's early, but as of today the four highest paid free agent Oline signees are either injured or unable to crack the starting lineup. Josh Allen was under extreme pressure throughout the prctice.

No reason to panic about the O-line.....they're not scrimmaging and just started in pads

2 hours ago, gjv001 said:

Jesus.

35 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Last years line was one of the worst ever fielded by a Bills team.  There is NO WAY this years line will be as bad or worse.  Much more talent on the roster.

While our oline certainly wasn’t good last year, I think you overstating how bad it was.  https://www.pff.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-17. And you certainly are underestimating how many bad olines this franchise has fielded. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

While our oline certainly wasn’t good last year, I think you overstating how bad it was.  https://www.pff.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-17. And you certainly are underestimating how many bad olines this franchise has fielded. 

Incoming BADOLBILZ rebuke for questioning orthodoxy

I don’t worry about things I have no control over, I’m retired living on my sail boat in the Bahamas for Five months of the year, hell, I rarely worry ever. (Except for Mother Nature having her way, it’s a boat life thing).   Training camp football is on the list of things to not be worried about.  Actual games, I like to see my chosen team win.  I’ll leave the “worrying ” to the GM and HC.  To the OP just sit back and enjoy the spectacle that is the NFL, and most importantly the Buffalo Bills.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm actually surprised there wasn't more shuffling of players than there were at camp so far (injuries aside) seems Dawkins and Spain are locked on the left, Morse when healthy at center and just some experimenting on the right side. Hoping it helps build some continuity earlier  rather than later.

Best part of the "training camp" version of TSW are the people who have their finger locked on refresh 16 hours a day who then insist that there is nothing to be concerned about when something negative is reported.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gjv001 said:

Good thing real football isn’t for another 6 weeks