Oline has me worried.

gjv001

4 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

They are probably taking 9 O lineman and Bodine provides way more security than Teller.

Not to mention, Teller is straight trash.  Not even sure if Bills will try and put him back on PS

Bodine?  Almost certainly on of the worst centers in the league.  The worst O linemen for one of the worst O lines in 2018?  Really?

4 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

If this OL achieves mediocrity, I'll be thrilled with the progress over last year.

+ 1 

THIS

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

They are probably taking 9 O lineman and Bodine provides way more security than Teller.

Not to mention, Teller is straight trash.  Not even sure if Bills will try and put him back on PS

Boettger over Bodine or teller is a real possibility too.  Like Searles last year  Ike can play C/G/T if need be.  

56 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Huh?  So the OL looks good pretty much every day of the entire offseason programs...and then one mediocre practice against what should be a top 5 defense while a couple different starters rotated in is now a concern?  

No disrespect, but I just don't understand these hot takes people come up with over one practice, one play, etc...good or bad hot takes.  

I means it goes both ways too.  Peterman looks good, I think he can be a nfl starting QBs!!!

its the good and bad about media and fans watching practice.  All of this stuff is pretty meaningless until the regular season.  Practice is for making mistakes, trying different lineups, implementing gameplans.  Everything reported should be taken with a grain of salt.  You just hope to come out of preseason with as few injuries as possible.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Did I read Morse was on the sideline yesterday at practice?  Typically concussion protocol is to stay in a darkened room.  Makes me think this is very minor, if this happened in two months, never would have even been reported.  But if Morse stated "I bumped my head a a bit" at this point in camp, it's concussion protocol.

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Mitch Morse has me concerned, only in the fact that you just never know when he might get his bell rung and be out a couple games.

Aside from that though, I think we have a lot of potential.  Dawkins/Ford could be book-end young tackles, and if needed Ty Nsekhe (a good player) is in the fold.

Spain and Long are average at G, but average is a lot better than what we've had.  Feliciano gives us solid veteran depth at the position.

Morse is a stud as long as he can avoid concussions.  That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Bodine given we've already had to put Morse in protocol.

Most teams struggle to put out 4-5 average guys on their OL.  I think we can, at the very least, do that.

OL is a position where, 1 or 2 above average guys and the rest being average, is considered one of the better units in the league.

I think Bodine is a long shot to make the roster.  He was terrible last year and he was terrible in Cincinnati before that.  His only shot is if none of the options to be the backup can do the job or all are injured.  If that happens, look for the Bills to pick up an experienced guy that is a late cut from another team.

Just now, BringBackFlutie said:

Wait.  You're back?  

Been hanging around the Billievers Forums... but TBD needed an injection of football knowledge, so I figured I'd oblige... 

3 hours ago, gjv001 said:

With the large influx of Olinemen I was starting to believe that the major weakness we suffered with last year was behind us. However, the injuries and poor performance of the Oline at camp on day 6 is very concerning. I know it's early, but as of today the four highest paid free agent Oline signees are either injured or unable to crack the starting lineup. Josh Allen was under extreme pressure throughout the prctice.

I think Morse being out impacts all of this. O line tends to takes loads of reps to jell and center tends to lead the group. 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I think Morse being out impacts all of this. O line tends to takes loads of reps to jell and center tends to lead the group. 

Today they had their best center and their best guard out and the line looked worse. Go figure. 

If we have to start the line that started out there today our line will be bottom third of the league. If Spain and Morse are out there it is top 3rd. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Not me. 

Even fully healthy , it's early in camp , we have a great , potentially dominant D with tons of continuity going against a unit with many new pieces.

This was to be expected imo. I'd have concerns about the D if they weren't doing great right now against an OL still gelling.

With the large influx of Olinemen I was starting to believe that the major weakness we suffered with last year was behind us. However, the injuries and poor performance of the Oline at camp on day 6 is very concerning. I know it's early, but as of today the four highest paid free agent Oline signees are either injured or unable to crack the starting lineup. Josh Allen was under extreme pressure throughout the prctice.

The coaching staff is doing a lot of mixing players in and out of the so-called first team o-line.  They are doing this to determine the best combination of players to be the starters and to determine which positions the various players can effectively play.  Position flexibility will have a great deal to do with who makes the 53 man roster.  Before we all become distraught over any of this, try to remember that defenses are always ahead of the offense in training camp.  If they are still struggling after week one, I'll be concerned. 

And if the oline was looking tremendously good, your retort would be concern for the dline as Oliver was our 1st pick. To this I say whatever, it's only a couple of days into camp!

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Today they had their best center and their best guard out and the line looked worse. Go figure. 

If we have to start the line that started out there today our line will be bottom third of the league. If Spain and Morse are out there it is top 3rd. 

True. Guard is addressable if Spain isn’t available. 

Concusion with Morse was a worry from day 1, just sucks for him it’s already cropped up from the first padded practice. Fourth documented concussion.  

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

True. Guard is addressable if Spain isn’t available. 

Concusion with Morse was a worry from day 1, just sucks for him it’s already cropped up from the first padded practice. Fourth documented concussion.  

I think Long and Feliciano are moderate upgrades on Ducasse, Teller and Miller but they are at best average NFL starters. Spain is a legitimately good NFL guard. I think he has pro bowl potential this year if he stays healthy. We can "get by" without him. But I don't think we can have a really good oline without him. 

• Like (+1) 1