Josh Norman A Potential June 1 Cut...Would The Bills Be Interested?

Even if he would be a slight upgrade, it would be better to continue to develop Wallace, IMO. If Norman is still elite, he’s on his way down, and Wallace— and the two Johnson’s, for that matter— are on their way up. There’s a lot to be said for consistency. We’re building our D backfield on last season’s foundation, and will continue to build into next year. Norman would be a one-year stopgap, where no stopgap is needed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I actually like what we have currently.

8 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

If Washington is not interested in keeping him... 

or

Bills cannot have too many decent corners ..

i see the reasoning but

i vote no.

Johnson and Gaines are worth working through. Next year we draft one if Kevin Johnson cannot play up to our needs. Gaines is injury riddled.

Buts Bills might have a gem or two from last year : )

You dont even mention Wallace.  He played very well last year and he is currently the 2nd corner not the guys you mentioned.

In Carolina he was actually not a problem attitude-wise.

He wanted to stay, had a contract offer, was going to sign it and Gettleman yanked it out from under him. One of a few weeny moves DG did in Clt.

Norman has some solid years ahead of him but I wouldn’t take him unless it was a need(injuries) and it’s not. 

Although he wasn't terrible on the field with Washington, he was not worth the money he was being paid.  As one of the posters already observed, he was over-hyped and enticed a foolish GM to open the bank vault for him.  The Bills appear to have accumulated some very capable talent at the position and don't need to spend the money or take on the headache that is Josh Norman. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

According to good old Mike Florio from PFT, Josh Norman could be a Cap casualty if Washington can’t get him to restructure.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/31/could-josh-norman-be-a-post-june-1-cap-casualty/

If this happens, do you see the Bills taking a shot at brining him to Buffalo?  He’s 31 years old but can still serve as a capable starter for a few seasons.  There are many connections why I think this move would make sense:

Brandon Beane was likely involved in the selection of Norman in Carolina. 

Norman excelled in McDermott’s defense and his best years came in his defense.  Carolina wasn’t the same team when they let him walk.  

Norman knows the defensive scheme we’ll and is a good process guy.

I

DBs is the one area I do not want to mess with. Don’t want to spoil the chemistry. That said Norman is great at zone coverages and is a perfect fit for McD defense. So OP asks a fair question.

I see him signing with the Pats.

His best seasons came under Carolina's scheme as man on man press coverage is not his strength.  Having an elite secondary would give our average pass rush more time to get to the QB.  I'd at least incquire if I was Beane to see if the price is right.

I don't know the relationship McDermott and Norman have, but I know Josh is an emotional guy so there could be a desire to be with Sean.

He was pissed to leave Carolina, but I don't know who he blames besides Gettleman...he might hate everyone that was involved.

I guess if he comes with the right attitude and price for this front office, then I'm good. 

This is the defense that made him a star, and they know him better than any of us.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

In Carolina he was actually not a problem attitude-wise.

He wanted to stay, had a contract offer, was going to sign it and Gettleman yanked it out from under him. One of a few weeny moves DG did in Clt.

Norman has some solid years ahead of him but I wouldn’t take him unless it was a need(injuries) and it’s not. 

I honestly cant see anyplace where we need to spend money.  It would have to be a game changer type of player.  Its all on paper though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Why in the hell would we consider a very high priced CB now? We already have 5 starting caliber CB’s under contract. 

This is ridiculous.

Yea if this was last season when the battle for the starting job opposite Tre was a guy who was half retired and Philip Gaines then I could see it. But when we have White, Levi has emerged and we signed EJ Gaines who has excelled in the scheme and Kevin Johnson... I just can't see a need for Norman. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, H2o said:

Nope. Let him go to Cleveland with the rest of the queens. 

I love it.  The Queens.  He’s not worth the hassle as he was such a pain in contract negotiations they rescinded their offer.  As someone said above, we had the best passing defense in the NFL last year and we had two additions.  This defense could be something special with those moves and Oliver.  I love Kyle and he went out on top and his knowledge of offenses will be a tall order for Oliver, but in the beginning if he soaks it in, he can win with his raw talent and grow into the person Kyle was for this team.

12 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

According to good old Mike Florio from PFT, Josh Norman could be a Cap casualty if Washington can’t get him to restructure.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/31/could-josh-norman-be-a-post-june-1-cap-casualty/

If this happens, do you see the Bills taking a shot at brining him to Buffalo?  He’s 31 years old but can still serve as a capable starter for a few seasons.  There are many connections why I think this move would make sense:

Brandon Beane was likely involved in the selection of Norman in Carolina. 

Norman excelled in McDermott’s defense and his best years came in his defense.  Carolina wasn’t the same team when they let him walk.  

Norman knows the defensive scheme we’ll and is a good process guy.

I

Mcdermott was the one who found Norman in Carolina. He's talked about it in newspaper articles about finding Norman on tape and how he was taught to watch tape and scout dbs by his mentor Jim Johnsom. That said our corner back depth is spectacular. Norman may come into play if there are injuries though.