Did anyone ever cheat in school?

On tests that is. Be honest

I had a final last week and the girl next to me had her phone on her lap.  This teacher was too dumb to catch on.

Ive compared answers but have never actually set out to not study, rely on cheating methods 

Two good cheating stories from school:

In 8th grade someone stole the science test and like a bunch of dumb 8th graders, every boy in the class got 100%.  Teacher didn't say a word.  Next day we show up and teacher announces a retest that day.  All the same questions from the first test except he switched around some words and order of answers so "C A B C C D B" didn't work anymore.  At least half of us failed.  Think I got a 38%.

In college, I took a very hard stats class.  Rumors swirled that some guy in another frat was going to get the final exam ahead of time.  Learning from earlier mistakes, I instead studied my ass off, probably moreso than for any test in my life.   About ten o'clock the night before the exam, a guy in my frat comes in to my room all depressed and tells me he's been trying to study but literally can not figure out a single question in the practice materials and there was no way he was going to get anything but a 0% and fail the class (very nice guy but not the sharpest academic knife in the drawer).    I told him don't worry about it and just sit one seat behind and one over from me the next day -- exam was in an auditorium.   I crushed the exam;  he copied every answer from me and raised his grade from an F to a B based on the final.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, I certainly plagiarized a chit ton on papers! I was always a good test taker..not so good at homework and papers.

True story..Accounting class in college, teacher was truly outstanding. I never missed a class, paid attention like crazy. but.never did a homework assignment. And she assigned homework every class. Homework was 10% of grade.

.i got nothing but like 98-100 on the tests...i was good with a B, or maybe even an A if it meant not doing a stitch of homework. But she was insistent i was cheating cause no way could i get those grades and not do homework, so she moved me to the front of the class and right next to her desk for tests and quizzes

She finally agreed I was not cheating,  was flattered when I told her it was just great teaching.. I am B student at best...I smoked the final and she gave me the A anyway!!!! 

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Well, I certainly plagiarized a chit ton on papers! I was always a good test taker..not so good at homework and papers.

True story..Accounting class in college, teacher was truly outstanding. I never missed a class, paid attention like crazy. but.never did a homework assignment. And she assigned homework every class. Homework was 10% of grade.

.i got nothing but like 98-100 on the tests...i was good with a B, or maybe even an A if it meant not doing a stitch of homework. But she was insistent i was cheating cause no way could i get those grades and not do homework, so she moved me to the front of the class and right next to her desk for tests and quizzes

She finally agreed I was not cheating,  was flattered when I told her it was just great teaching.. I am B student at best...I smoked the final and she gave me the A anyway!!!! 

Sounds like my idiot son.   

Never did homework and pulled his 4.0 down to a 3.   

Goodbye scholarships.  

• Sad 1

i can honestly say i didn't.  my parents had me so paranoid about that *****, the guilt kept me away.  i did give one of my good friends regular "help" in math though.

on top of that, cheating in college and grad school becomes a thing.  they'll mess your world up  for that.  a girl in my organic chem class tried to cheat, and it was the wrong choice.  we took tests in pencil, and after she was given the graded test back, she changed her answers and told the professor that he made a grading mistake.  well...these guys have grad assistants who apparently xeroxed off every corrected copy so such a thing didn't happen.  she then covered it up by claiming her roommate, who was also in the class, did it to undermine her.   she had to leave the dorm, spent a month in a hotel, and just left school all together.

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

On tests that is. Be honest

I had a final last week and the girl next to me had her phone on her lap.  This teacher was too dumb to catch on.

Ive compared answers but have never actually set out to not study, rely on cheating methods 

Middle school is rough isn’t it ?

Is the statute of limitations up?

Spanish class vocab tests in HS.  Teacher would start at 1 and keep writing on the board through #20.  She never turned around.  The entire class would just leave their books open to the page in the back of the chapter with the words on it.  We all finished our tests immediately after she wrote the last word.  I got a 97 in that class.

Wrote a paper senior year of high school on the war on drugs and the failure that it was (20+ years later I'm still right lol).  I used that class as a Freshman, Junior and twice as a senior in college.  Apparently that is self plagiarizing and can get you expelled.  I had no idea I was just lazy.

Went to a small school, not enough desks so I sat at a table with a cute girl.  Let her copy off of me in hopes it would lead somewhere.  It didn't but she does still bring it up when I see her and buy me a drink.

There are more that I will take to my grave :lol:

In 1983 a guy I knew stole the Global Studies regents exam and though I didn't need it just had too look at it in advance. Our teacher was telling us to ignore things he said had not been on the exam for awhile and we laughed because we knew they were! European Renassiance paintings. How he ever stole the exam I don't know, but he did get caught and they just threw out all the exam results and we got the grade for class as our final. 

11 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I was the kid who covered up his tests so the unprepared losers around me couldn't cheat.

I use to have the cheaters sit next to me on test day! I hated them! lol 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I was in a fraternity.  Brothers would save tests, papers, notes- we had a good collection.  Some professors didn't change questions much ?

we had this in grad school.  there were always old copies of tests floating around. they were good for a couple of questions, but you couldn't typically pass a test by studying old ones.  they knew too.  if they're too lazy to not change a test, ***** em.

The best ever though was my 7th grade English teacher, who was very absented minded, and tormented.  Some notes on blackboard were answers on test.  I think everyone in class received a 100 ?

scantrons were like an open invitation.. do they still use those? for some reason in our college lecture halls they sat us every-other-seat for tests, providing a perfect diagonal view to at least 2 other students papers in the row ahead.  between that and mastering using a baseball cap brim to conceal my wandering eyes and.. yeah.. well I learned a lot more outside of the classrooms in college than in them (especially in the dorms)

I don't know if I ever copied answers, but I gave away a ton. I pulled three people through an Economics quiz using hand signals once. I also remember sitting in a Chemistry test with a buddy of mine next to me. I'm finishing up my test and I see his paper is totally blank. He just looked shocked. I switched papers with him and filled out his test, changing enough stuff around to get him a 75% or so. I got caught giving away answers two tests in a row in a history class. No punishment, just got yelled at. You can't really blame me for the second one though. We had a fire drill during the test and friends were asking me stuff so I told them and the teacher overheard me. Always used mnemonic devices and sometimes wrote those down, up a sleeve, on a shoe, where ever. Like LEJPASR is the seven articles of the Constitution, Legislative, Executive, Judicial, etc. I knew a guy who kept a copy of a test he took early in the day and I sat down with a buddy to figure out all the answers at lunch, and that list of answers got passed around. 

That was all in the 80's. If you had given us smart phones we might have really cheated.