Did anyone ever cheat in school?

I had a job in college grading tests and homework for stats classes.  One year, there were these two girls (one was the star player on the soccer team) who would always hand in identical papers for every single homework assignment.  It's homework, so it's not the biggest of deals, but when you have to write out explanations of results and the wording is identical every time, it sticks out very quickly.  My personal favorite was when they would copy glaringly stupid mistakes on the level of "1+1=8", things that even the worst students in a class should catch if they're even slightly paying attention.

I also worked in the athletic department, so I really didn't want to ruffle any feathers given that it was the star of the soccer team.  Hell, I was on the sidelines for their games, standing right next to that girl for a good portion of the time.  I did wind up telling the professor though. 

13 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Reminds me of the old joke about the four friends that claimed they had a flat tire and missed the test, so the teacher agreed to let them take it later. After seating them in different parts of the classroom, they start the test. First question - Which tire was flat? 

one of them for calculus in high school wrote a test in the morning and walked into (my class) in the afternoon claiming that 3 pages of answers had fallen into his gym bag and wanted to hand them in now.

the teacher was a big man and he reared up from his chair and got right up in my friend's face and yelled "you expect me to believe that for one second?"

the kid crumbled and transferred to another high school the next day

nice try though... good for the teacher...

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I am not sure we called AAA.

i think you would remember which tire blew out when it happened and when you got out to inspect the damage....  :D

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You totally misjudge engagement of youth nowadays... You gotta be kidding... LoL...

The original version was a chemistry exam... kids today in Chem are smart...

56 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Same, except I'm also the guy who banged your girlfriend under the bleachers afterwards as payment.

THERE

IT

IS

23 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The original version was a chemistry exam... kids today in Chem are smart...

oh-tay-who-would-have-known-19823470.png

I got a kid in third year Honors BioEngineering running around with a nail in his tire... He wouldn't know which one, even with onboard computer telling him... Run flats make the "Tire Fairies" (Me) like it never happened.  Did it happen?  It was never seen.

[We can go around and around all day and night on this.  Don't underestimate the cluelessness of youth... Especially the "smart" ones. ??]

Only one I ever cheated was myself. Graduated HS in the bottom 40 of a class of 565. Decided to start studying in college, graduated with RIT with a 3.75 GPA. Would have been higher, but there were no partial grades or my 3's would have been 3.5's.

On 5/23/2019 at 2:20 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

oh-tay-who-would-have-known-19823470.png

I got a kid in third year Honors BioEngineering running around with a nail in his tire... He wouldn't know which one, even with onboard computer telling him... Run flats make the "Tire Fairies" (Me) like it never happened.  Did it happen?  It was never seen.

[We can go around and around all day and night on this.  Don't underestimate the cluelessness of youth... Especially the "smart" ones. ??]

This is the first generation of absentminded scientists?

you need some perspective....