Operation Boomerang AG Barr's Investigation of Acts of Treason by Federal Employees

CLINTON EMAILS, CONTINUED

Last week The Hill’s John Solomon reported yet another twist in the FBI’s investigative nonfeasance in the Clinton email case. The report comes in Solomon’s excellent column “The road not taken: Another FBI failure involving the Clintons surfaces.” Solomon reports that “Johnson and Grassley have been unable to get answers for a year, even from Attorney General William Barr, about whether the FBI intends to look at critical evidence it skipped back in 2016.”

Solomon’s column is based on an August 14 memo by majority committee staff to Senate Finance Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley and Homeland Security Committee Chairman Ron Johnson. As Solomon explains, the Senate staff memo “lays out just how egregious the FBI’s decision was in 2016.”

Senator Grassley has posted the August 14 staff memo and attachments here. The three-page memo is self-explanatory.

{snip}

Solomon comments, in short: “Now we learn the FBI willfully chose to ignore highly classified evidence in the Clinton email case and has stonewalled Congress for a year on whether it intends to reexamine that evidence. It’s exactly that sort of behavior that leaves many Americans wondering whether there are two systems of justice inside the FBI — one for the Clintons, and one for the rest of the country.”

• Thank you (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Could the discussions be about immunity or reduced charges for testifying against bigger fish? Depending on the fish, I could get behind that.

It could have.... before he signed with CNN but now all bets are off!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

Could the discussions be about immunity or reduced charges for testifying against bigger fish? Depending on the fish, I could get behind that.

Not sure, but I would be surprised if such a deal were offered prior to being indicted. Someone needs to be the first one to go down in SpyGate to start the domino effect. I expected Comey, but McCabe is a better start because his domino knocks over stacks in not just the FBI and DOJ, but in Langley as well. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

DOJ INSPECTOR GENERAL PREPARING SEPARATE REPORT ON COMEY

Byron York reports that Michael Horowitz, the Justice Department’s inspector general, is preparing a report on the conduct of fired FBI Director James Comey. This report will be separate from Horowitz’s larger report on the DOJ’s handling of the Trump-Russia probe.

According to Byron’s sources, the separate report on Comey will deal with his handling of several memos he wrote memorializing conversations with President Trump. Byron observes:

Comey’s memos were, at the least, confidential FBI documents, and at most, in some cases, classified. Comey told Congress that he sent some of the memos to a friend for the purpose of being leaked to the New York Times. Comey hoped media reports would set off a firestorm that would ultimately result in the appointment of a special counsel to investigate the Trump-Russia matter.

Which they did, to Trump’s detriment and, I would argue, the country’s.

• Like (+1) 3

(Whenever someone gives me a date, I roll my eyes internally -- but) The beltway is expecting to Comey report to drop tomorrow. It's 65 pages, per multiple people. The fact that the page count is being talked about (again, not just in media but by people I speak with) says to me that it's already been out and in circulation (Comey's read it). No charges expected, despite referrals by the OIG. 

We'll see. 

(People claiming to have read it/worked on it say to me it's going to be damning)

• Thank you (+1) 2

My sources tell me President Trump is putting the finishing touches on a White House initiative to declassify documents that have remained hidden from the public for far too long.

But my reporting indicates three sets of documents from the Obama years should be declassified immediately, too, because they will fundamentally change the public’s understanding of history and identify ways to improve governance.

The first includes the national security assessments that the U.S. intelligence community conducted under President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton concerning the Russia nuclear giant Rosatom’s effort to acquire uranium business in the United States.

Sources who have seen these classified assessments tell me they debunk the last administration’s storyline that there were no national security reasons to oppose Rosatom’s Uranium One purchase or Vladimir Putin’s successful efforts to secure billions of dollars in new nuclear fuel contracts with American utilities during the Obama years. 

A second body of documents crying out for declassification is Obama’s private correspondence with Iranian leaders — in particular, the Oct. 7, 2014, cable he penned to Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, setting the terms for the controversial Washington-Tehran nuclear deal reached in early 2016.

My sources tell me that letter conflicts with what the Obama administration was telling the American public as it tried to sell the deal politically, and it shows a level of courtship, concession and trust with Tehran that exceeded the U.S. intelligence assessments at the time.

The final Obama-era tranche that requires declassification concerns Hillary Clinton’s email controversy — a highly classified set of documents that FBI agents identified as important and necessary in the investigation into whether she violated the law by transmitting classified emails on her unsecured private server. 

As I wrote last week, the agents never got to review those documents in 2016 before then-FBI Director James Comey unilaterally decided not to seek criminal charges against Mrs. Clinton.

The Justice Department’s internal watchdog in 2018 provided Congress a classified annex explaining how the FBI intended to examine that secret evidence, but never did. Sources who have seen the annex say it contains explosive revelations about what really happened with Clinton’s emails and the national security concerns that her conduct raised.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

(Whenever someone gives me a date, I roll my eyes internally -- but) The beltway is expecting to Comey report to drop tomorrow. It's 65 pages, per multiple people. The fact that the page count is being talked about (again, not just in media but by people I speak with) says to me that it's already been out and in circulation (Comey's read it). No charges expected, despite referrals by the OIG. 

We'll see. 

(People claiming to have read it/worked on it say to me it's going to be damning)

Well, everything's already been damning....I'm all damned out.

But unless someone is charged, and convicted, no one that isn't following this stuff closely will know, and any partisans will just blow it off as Trump noise.

If it's damning, but Comey still won't be charged, who will? 

Who from among the Anti-Trump team has been charged and put on trial?

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

If it's damning, but Comey still won't be charged, who will? 

The assumption is that he will be charged, just not for leaking/perjury which the report will cover. He'll be charged for the FISA abuse (which are the bigger charges to begin with). Whether that happens as a result of Horowitz's FISA report referrals or from Durham's investigation remains to be seen. I suspect the latter. 

7 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Who from among the Anti-Trump team has been charged and put on trial?

So far only Greg Craig.

Funny how that's rarely covered in the establishment media. His trial is happening now.

• Like (+1) 5

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

We'll see. 

Damning with no charges.  What a shock.

5 hours ago, Hedge said:

12th

9 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

We'll see. 

So Comey’s going on another road trip to tweet contemplative photos?

Where to this time?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Where to this time?

...maybe Rikers......it's "all inclusive"......

James Comey violated FBI policies with memos on Trump discussions, IG report says

By Gregg Re | Fox News   Published 16 mins ago

A scathing inspector general report released Thursday said that fired FBI Director James Comey violated bureau policies by drafting, leaking and retaining memos documenting discussions with President Trump.

For Comey, who has cultivated the image of a by-the-book and irreproachable leader since his termination in 2017, the review shined a harsh light on his decisionmaking in the final, beleaguered weeks of his tenure at the head of the nation's top law enforcement agency.

The inspector general's separate, broader review of potential intelligence community surveillance abuses remains ongoing. Earlier this month, it emerged that IG Michael Horowitz had referred Comey's case to the DOJ for a possible criminal prosecution, but that lawyers opted against bringing charges -- with one source telling Fox News it "wasn't a close call."

Comey admitted to Congress in June 2017 that, after he was fired, he purposefully leaked several memos through an intermediary to ensure that a special counsel would be appointed. The media firestorm that followed the leak proved a watershed moment that led to Special Counsel Robert Mueller's appointment.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-inspector-general-says-comey-violated-policies-with-memos-documenting-private-conversations-with-trump

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, snafu said:

Where to this time?

Hopefully not to a country that has no extradition  treaty with the US.

• Like (+1) 1

The point of the Russia investigation was to make a case against Donald Trump. Preferably, the case would drive him from office. At a minimum, it would render him unelectable by the 2020 stretch run. The kind of case was less important than the objective: criminal prosecution or impeachment. In accordance with the collusion narrative, the latter would mean trying to show that Trump was compromised by the Kremlin.

That is the astonishing takeaway from Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s report on former FBI director James Comey’s handling of his memos.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Interesting choice to quote... 

Personally, I want all of these #### suckers to be fully prosecuted for every ***** thing they did or even might have done. 

They at all deserve to have their lives totally ruined and made financially bankrupt as soon as possible so when the really big charges come crashing down on their treasonous skulls, they’ll have to be represented by Public Defenders... very JUNIOR Public Defenders. 

:angry: :angry: :angry: 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Personally, I want all of these #### suckers to be fully prosecuted for every ***** thing they did or even might have done. 

They at all deserve to have their lives totally ruined and made financially bankrupt as soon as possible so when the really big charges come crashing down on their treasonous skulls, they’ll have to be represented by Public Defenders... very JUNIOR Public Defenders. 

:angry: :angry: :angry: 

not a thing will happen, or some nobody will take the scapegoat role

....just a senior moment thought, but I can't see AG Barr caving as it may appear now(no charges yet)  if he does not have more damning and convincing evidence going forward to solidify prosecutions....he and DOJ have too much at stake to be branded as "political hacks business as usual" wimps....start with scurrilous Holder and his Clintonite directed gang for the DOJ .....therein lies the graft, corruption and politicization of a department ONCE though to the legal bastion of our democracy...........

24 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....just a senior moment thought, but I can't see AG Barr caving as it may appear now(no charges yet)  if he does not have more damning and convincing evidence going forward to solidify prosecutions....he and DOJ have too much at stake to be branded as "political hacks business as usual" wimps....start with scurrilous Holder and his Clintonite directed gang for the DOJ .....therein lies the graft, corruption and politicization of a department ONCE though to the legal bastion of our democracy...........

the media won't support the investigation and will do everything it can to call it useless and cruel

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

the media won't support the investigation and will do everything it can to call it useless and cruel

...their cue cards are already printed.......and the headlines with be "AG Barr Knowingly Politicizes Investigations to Aid Trump Re-election".......Holder was stellar (COUGH) and had rope marks on his wrists from puppeteers......Sessions was a clueless joke....Susan Rice...??.....sad part is that Barr may be the best choice in recent memory but will forever be branded as "woeful" becaue of the TDS syndrome as a Trump appointee.....how does the US ever win?...SMH....

12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

yep, the old boys network is still in control.

not a ***** thing is going to happen to these crooks. i should have known better than to get my hopes up.

https://twitter.com/paulsperry_/status/1167171986369458177

I think I have a different definition of "friends" than the rest of the world. Just because you work with someone does not make you "friends". It could, but it could just as easily make you enemies. 

Those two very well could be friends. They could also have been merely work colleagues. Or, they could have had  just a nodding acquaintance.   It could very well be extrapolation to call the two friends.   

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I think I have a different definition of "friends" than the rest of the world. Just because you work with someone does not make you "friends". It could, but it could just as easily make you enemies. 

Those two very well could be friends. They could also have been merely work colleagues. Or, they could have had  just a nodding acquaintance.   It could very well be extrapolation to call the two friends.   

......interesting....I'd bet if Horowitz came out with a more damming report advocating prosecution, the Dems would have twisted their "friendship" to have been acrimonious and this a vendetta....

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

all appearances are that this apparent investigation is nothing more than BAU.

Edited by Foxx
move, 'is'.

39 minutes ago, Foxx said:

all appearances are that this is apparent investigation nothing more than BAU.

I think the issue could be as simple as "mutually assured destruction". Many of the people in leadership positions have their fingers in many pies, and at a minimum the appearance of impropriety can impact all ofthem. 

Let's be honest--after Trump and Kavanaugh---what allegations are off the table when describing your political opponent? I haven't seen murder yet, or the allegation that any senator/SC nominee or presidential candidate is the leader of an international drug cartel--but everything else is mainstream these days and people lap it up like the lemmings that they are.  

Two of the major operatives of our time--Clinton and Comey-- have been described as careless, reckless with sensitive information, dangerous and that's from their allies.  Trump is the victim of a massive propaganda campaign that was proven to be false after an investigation undertaken by his enemies and he still remains the object of scorn by some ordinary Americans. 

But therein lies the rub and my hope for the future. Trump is the wildcard and seems likely to take out anyone he needs to take out by declassifying intel that will hurt his opponents.  As far as I am concerned, if the best he can do is burn Obama, Brennan, Comey and the like, so be it. I'm still hopeful that some heads will roll, and I'd love to see that seditious piece of **** Comey in prison, so hope remains.  

It's a long game, but it has to be played. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think the issue could be as simple as "mutually assured destruction". Many of the people in leadership positions have their fingers in many pies, and at a minimum the appearance of impropriety can impact all ofthem. 

Let's be honest--after Trump and Kavanaugh---what allegations are off the table when describing your political opponent? I haven't seen murder yet, or the allegation that any senator/SC nominee or presidential candidate is the leader of an international drug cartel--but everything else is mainstream these days and people lap it up like the lemmings that they are.  

Two of the major operatives of our time--Clinton and Comey-- have been described as careless, reckless with sensitive information, dangerous and that's from their allies.  Trump is the victim of a massive propaganda campaign that was proven to be false after an investigation undertaken by his enemies and he still remains the object of scorn by some ordinary Americans. 

But therein lies the rub and my hope for the future. Trump is the wildcard and seems likely to take out anyone he needs to take out by declassifying intel that will hurt his opponents.  As far as I am concerned, if the best he can do is burn Obama, Brennan, Comey and the like, so be it. I'm still hopeful that some heads will roll, and I'd love to see that seditious piece of **** Comey in prison, so hope remains.  

It's a long game, but it has to be played. 

I hope your right, but I'm with many of the others here. We as a group thanks to DR and others seem to know more about this corruption than the investigators themselves. It's really hard for me to believe that though so it keeps coming back to the depths of the corruption may also involve those investigators enough to bury the whole proceedings.

It's the only thing I can think of that has kept from indicting even some token people for corruption so far.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Cinga said:

I hope your right, but I'm with many of the others here. We as a group thanks to DR and others seem to know more about this corruption than the investigators themselves.

I disagree that DR seems to know more than the investigators.  Nothing against DR (other than he's a BSC conspiracy Ufologist :nana:), he's done an outstanding job shining a light where others didn't want to.

But the investigators know more about what's going on.  It's just, they either don't really care or they know the perpetrators are untouchable.

For all the talk of land of the free and home of the brave, we've devolved into a feudal system with an aristocracy and the MSM is a modern clergy preaching down to keep the peasantry in line

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

yep, the old boys network is still in control.

not a ***** thing is going to happen to these crooks. i should have known better than to get my hopes up.

https://twitter.com/paulsperry_/status/1167171986369458177

Agree 100%, nothing but a good ol boy network, they will be obviously guilty, get little more then hand smacks

that will hardly last more than one news(lol) cycle,  ultimately all of them will write books and/or join cnn and make a bundle.

16 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I disagree that DR seems to know more than the investigators.  Nothing against DR (other than he's a BSC conspiracy Ufologist :nana:), he's done an outstanding job shining a light where others didn't want to.

But the investigators know more about what's going on.  It's just, they either don't really care or they know the perpetrators are untouchable.

For all the talk of land of the free and home of the brave, we've devolved into a feudal system with an aristocracy and the MSM is a modern clergy preaching down to keep the peasantry in line

For the record, I fully agree with that take -- I do not know more than the actual investigators in the DOJ/FBI et al. The people in the DOJ/FBI/USIC who I speak to regularly remind me of that fact :lol: 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1