Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buffalo Joe

Draft Metcalf as a CB

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

 

What's your thoughts on trading up for Bosa and turning him into an OT?

 

I mean who knows more about blocking an edge rusher than an edge rusher!

 

Am I doing this right?

The NFL misused Doug Flutie. The guy was a born kicker.

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The "offseason has reached a new low thread" was a day premature.

 

Comment of the week winner right here ^^^^^^^ 

 

LMFAO

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I thought I had some dumb posts and then this little gem pops up!

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

Comment of the week winner right here ^^^^^^^ 

 

LMFAO

Dilly dilly

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

DK Metcalf is sneaky fast, good footwork, above average vertical leap, has shifty hips and has the ability to go up and get the ball. His agility and knack for finding the ball in a crowd is uncanny.

 

With that said, we would be wasting his talents as a WR. In the mold of the Seahawks and now the Jets we need a tall kid at CB and one who isn't afraid to turn, extend and deflect/catch the ball.

 

There is no reason why a talented kid like Metcalf should be relegated to WR. He can serve a purpose and that position is CB. Trust me...I know.

Were you hangin’ out with 420?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

DK Metcalf is sneaky fast, good footwork, above average vertical leap, has shifty hips and has the ability to go up and get the ball. His agility and knack for finding the ball in a crowd is uncanny.

 

With that said, we would be wasting his talents as a WR. In the mold of the Seahawks and now the Jets we need a tall kid at CB and one who isn't afraid to turn, extend and deflect/catch the ball.

 

There is no reason why a talented kid like Metcalf should be relegated to WR. He can serve a purpose and that position is CB. Trust me...I know.

:w00t:...:worthy: Absolute GENIUS thought! Can't believe nobody else thought of that first!! JK... SERIOUSLY WTF are you on with these thoughts kid!? LMAO!! :thumbdown: :death:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Metcalfe struggles with the 3 cone and the ability to have loose hips and you want him as a DB?  

 

While we are at it lets convert Vlad Ducasse into a successful WR since he sucks as a lineman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP is correct and it takes some balls to project Metcalf as a CB. Scouts and GM’s are gun shy on his three cone numbers but matching him up with the Goodwins, Browns and Tyreek Hills of the league as a cover corner is not a bad idea at all. What all you disciples fail to understand is “versatility” means you place an athlete in the best position to succeed. Laugh all you want but an underperforming speedster WR who is tall and fast is a CB island I’d like to have (or maybe you didn’t notice we acquired an OT who decided to become a TE). 

  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Hey, let's move up and draft Josh Allen, then let's have the edge rusher play qb and the qb play de.

 

 

You, my friend, are a genius....now, as for the OP, well, maybe not so much....

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Logic said:

I am speechless. I am without speech.

Don’t go prestissimo when you really wanna go largo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes let's draft a WR in the first round to make him a CB.  I wouldn't so much mind if this was a 6th round idea but c'mon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Logic said:

I am speechless. I am without speech.

but do you have a 'square to spare'

 

I need to wipe this cr@p from my life

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three words: Three cone drill.  As a wide receiver with size and deep speed, Metcalf can get away with not having the shiftiest feet in the world.  He can be effective on deep routes by running away from slower CBs, and with his size and strength he can outfight DBs on contested balls.  But it is even more important for CBs to have superior change of direction skills and quickness than for WRs.  A shifty WR will leave DK Metcalf in the dust.  

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dayman said:

Why doesn't this board have a thumbs down button?

how about an eject button?

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

OP is correct and it takes some balls to project Metcalf as a CB. Scouts and GM’s are gun shy on his three cone numbers but matching him up with the Goodwins, Browns and Tyreek Hills of the league as a cover corner is not a bad idea at all. What all you disciples fail to understand is “versatility” means you place an athlete in the best position to succeed. Laugh all you want but an underperforming speedster WR who is tall and fast is a CB island I’d like to have (or maybe you didn’t notice we acquired an OT who decided to become a TE). 

Not quite the same thing. One guy trying to salvage a career another about to start one as a top ranked WR. Come on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

DK Metcalf is sneaky fast, good footwork, above average vertical leap, has shifty hips and has the ability to go up and get the ball. His agility and knack for finding the ball in a crowd is uncanny.

 

With that said, we would be wasting his talents as a WR. In the mold of the Seahawks and now the Jets we need a tall kid at CB and one who isn't afraid to turn, extend and deflect/catch the ball.

 

There is no reason why a talented kid like Metcalf should be relegated to WR. He can serve a purpose and that position is CB. Trust me...I know.

I love it and support this decision. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Hey, let's move up and draft Josh Allen, then let's have the edge rusher play qb and the qb play de.

 

Better yet, convert the new Josh Allen to QB and have him battle it out with last year's model of Josh Allen for the starter's job. The loser of the competition then becomes the backup QB. If the starter gets hurt then they never miss a beat because Josh Allen takes over for Josh Allen. Beane does it again!

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. This is a truly insane idea.

 

Metcalf is raw as a WR and he's been playing that position a long time. And you think a position switch is the best idea on how to use him, a position that uses a completely different skill set and is on the opposite side of the ball?

4 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Three words: Three cone drill.  As a wide receiver with size and deep speed, Metcalf can get away with not having the shiftiest feet in the world.  He can be effective on deep routes by running away from slower CBs, and with his size and strength he can outfight DBs on contested balls.  But it is even more important for CBs to have superior change of direction skills and quickness than for WRs.  A shifty WR will leave DK Metcalf in the dust.  

Which is why most CB's are smaller. They are generally more quick and can change direction quickly. Harder for taller, more lanky athletes to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

We lost the Cold War. 

 

The Russian bots truly are in charge now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...