What is our biggest need now?

Ramza86

The question was “biggest”, as in one. I’ll pass over a #1 WR who needs double coverage and a solid OT or DT to say an elite edge rusher. We need to get more pressure on opposing QB’s. Up the middle sounds great, but I’m not sure Oliver can hold his ground consistently. 

Having said all that, I will ask.....what the heck do I know? It’s nice to feel for once that the FO has a far better handle on this than WE do! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

A legitimate #1 WR. Somebody that requires double coverage

Only correct answer. Was anyone afraid of the skill players on Buffalo, Baltimore or Dallas last season?

Nope, but we got the best them!

i want 2 #1 WRs. The lines can be filled in with mid-late round picks and free agents. Dangerous wide receivers are very hard to get. 

Edit: elite pass rusher is a close second but Hughes is underrated  

Edited by Chemical

Our biggest need is a 3 Tech Defensive Tackle: Ed Oliver or Christian Wilkins with our 1st Round pick

Big Physical WR: Hakeem Butler with our 2nd Round pick

Defensive End: Chase Winovich with our 3rd Round Pick

Running Back to eventually replace Lesean McCoy and Frank Gore: Bryce Love with our 4th Round pick

Tight End: Jace Sternberger, Dawson Knox with our 4th Round pick

Strong Side LB to eventually replace Lorenzo Alexander

Followed by CB, OT, OG, Punter

you are wasting a year of Josh Allen if you do not build him an o-line, have someone who can gain positive yards and not fumble, and have guys who can run routes and catch the ball.

with that said - our biggest need is an elite TE who can block and catch.

Brady was Brady because of Gronk

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It is shocking to me how few people understand our dire need for a great running back or two.

With that kind of thinking, do our eyes deceive us?  Was our running game NOT one of the most profound weaknesses on this team last year,  a main reason the Bills were not better, with the only good running done by Allen?

Don't say it will all fixed with a better offensive line as we cannot rely on that--McCoy, a very good, sometimes great player as a Bill almost never looked good--and that is not an exaggeration. He looked done.  I hope that is not the case, both for his sake and the Bills, but we can only go by what we saw--and what we saw was no longer a starting caliber NFL running back, and, if we believe what we saw, not even a backup caliber running back.

The Bills best get a running back or two--and early in the draft--or this will very likely be a major reason the Bills don't succeed this year.  Almost no team can do well, especially one led by a young quarterback. without a solid running game.  It makes the passing game better, the defense better, and is even more important with our climate.

Good running backs are not, no matter the silly common knowledge now, a dime a dozen.  See: the 2018 Buffalo Bills .  The Bills can not this clear and present, even dire need, go unadressed.

We still need more offensive playmakers.

IMO, we need to draft a stud TE for Allen. Also, one more stud OL. I’m not sold on the additions of John Brown and Cole Beasley. Not saying I don’t like the moves because I do...just think we need even more studs on the offensive side of the ball.

5 minutes ago, McBean said:

We still need more offensive playmakers.

IMO, we need to draft a stud TE for Allen. Also, one more stud OL. I’m not sold on the additions of John Brown and Cole Beasley. Not saying I don’t like the moves because I do...just think we need even more studs on the offensive side of the ball.

Yeah I want some huge pass catchers, be it at WR or TE... Brown and Beasley are fine, but we need a prototype "hood ornament" type reciever.

Then pass rush.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

Tackle? DT? DE?

I think we do need alot more bodies and talent on the defense life.

We don't have major needs as we did last year. No absolute holes.

But I'm with most that the positions that most need an upgrade are just in line with what this draft offers in the top ten, DT and pass-rushing DE. After that, TE, maybe, but I don't see us going there in the first. And there are plenty of positions where we lack talented depth, such as LB.

2 hours ago, rayray808 said:

you are wasting a year of Josh Allen if you do not build him an o-line, have someone who can gain positive yards and not fumble, and have guys who can run routes and catch the ball.

with that said - our biggest need is an elite TE who can block and catch.

Brady was Brady because of Gronk

Brady was Brady before Gronk, and he'll be Brady till he retires. Yeah, Gronk was a major help, but he didn't even come close to making Brady. The Pats, with Brady at QB, had three championships before they drafted Gronk.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

It is shocking to me how few people understand our dire need for a great running back or two.

With that kind of thinking, do our eyes deceive us?  Was our running game NOT one of the most profound weaknesses on this team last year,  a main reason the Bills were not better, with the only good running done by Allen?

Don't say it will all fixed with a better offensive line as we cannot rely on that--McCoy, a very good, sometimes great player as a Bill almost never looked good--and that is not an exaggeration. He looked done.  I hope that is not the case, both for his sake and the Bills, but we can only go by what we saw--and what we saw was no longer a starting caliber NFL running back, and, if we believe what we saw, not even a backup caliber running back.

The Bills best get a running back or two--and early in the draft--or this will very likely be a major reason the Bills don't succeed this year.  Almost no team can do well, especially one led by a young quarterback. without a solid running game.  It makes the passing game better, the defense better, and is even more important with our climate.

Good running backs are not, no matter the silly common knowledge now, a dime a dozen.  See: the 2018 Buffalo Bills .  The Bills can not this clear and present, even dire need, go unadressed.

I know you don't want to hear it, but the major reason we had a bad run game last year wasn't the running backs. It was problems at OL and the complete lack of respect teams felt they could give to our passing game.

I think you're right we'll draft one. I doubt it's earlier than the 3rd, perhaps even later. We'll see.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

well kyle sure wasn't anything special his 1st few years.

He actually was. Right from the beginning he was getting into the backfield. Yes, he got better as time passed, but he was good right from the beginning. Nobody had to double the other DT, Larry Triplett. Kyle was very quickly the guy they double-teamed on that line, despite Schobel being a good - not great but good - pass rusher.

No, rookie Phillips wasn't as good as a rookie Kyle. But I'm more positive about Phillips than most. He was good early in the season.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1