What is our biggest need now?

Ramza86

I think the Bills' biggest need is young talent -- anywhere (besides QB).  That's why I don't want them to trade down.  They've mostly addressed their major needs to start the season; they need talent at key positions to contribute immediately and provide depth while they develop.

Draft will be 75% defense.

I think that Beane recognizes that he needs quality over quantity at this point as well as filling out special teams and even creating depth on the Practice Squad.  This is why I'm hopeful to see some bundling and/or trading of later round picks to focus on getting a couple of high impact players this year, or re-setting ourselves up to do the same next year.

There are a couple of decent sized holes left to fill, and you're never going to go into a draft feeling 100% comfortable with your current roster, but I can't remember a time in recent memory where we were truly able to go BPA and not reach for a need or compensate for self-inflicted wounds (like not giving second contracts to your own previous draft picks)

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

You aren’t up on Bills history I see 

https://theinterrobang.com/bills-fan-drinks-butt-luge-nsfw/

Don't know if I'd call drinking from that "bills history" but, yea I don't make it there too often so I'm not familiar with that one.lol

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Tough beans for Harrison Phillips...he was drafted in the third round? No excuses this year, because his rookie season left a lot to be be desired.You draft somebody in the third..he should be a factor by year two.

well kyle sure wasn't anything special his 1st few years.

I may be of the unpopular opinion that we DON'T have any immediate needs, aside from depth or development for next year.

We overhauled the two major weaknesses (O-line and WR) and shored up RB and CB for another year.  A general overall talent upgrade has us at least competitive this year.  That's not to say we won't or can't upgrade a couple positions in the next couple months, but we are at worst already in a much better position than last year.

We can burn off our excess draft picks to trade around for "high ceiling" prospects in the draft to set us up to dominate in 2020.

I'd go with DT then G then OT then WR. Next year, we'll need RB and LB. Any time we can upgrade DE, CB or TE would not be too soon. We need to see big improvement at QB and MLB as well. I might put WR, but it doesn't look like there is anyone in this draft that come right in and be a day 1 starter.