Bills host OG Quinton Spain from Titans***Update...SIGNED***

4 hours ago, Nanker said:

Looking at his Kallage Hi-Lite film, I see he holds quite a lot. Had to check out his pro stats, and yes, he holds a lot.

Is 16 penalties over 4 seasons a lot? I know a few more were declined over the years, but committing a penalty in less than half the games each season doesn't strike me as alarming. 

That being said, I have done zero research to contextualize his penalty frequency.

4 hours ago, Rockinon said:

These OL signings look more like a power run game and less like a zone to me.  Most of these guys are strong but not very nimble.  Mostly good pass protectors though.  Not really sure where they are going with all of them.  Maybe they don't either and are just waiting to see who sticks.

It sure does. One can see that they are going for nasty, mammoth

roadgrading pass protectors. This offense is going to be Josh’s and he’s going to be expected to completely take over the team this year for better or worse. Either the OL is going to pass protect for him or roadgrade for Shady & Co. The only time you’ll see RBs catching out of the backfield will be out in the flats. 

3 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Agree re power run/pass pro seems to be the direction. Normally you might favour a zone scheme where you have an athletic QB for whom you design running plays. Looks to me they maybe want Josh Allen to start working more from the pocket and I think that makes sense in terms of his development. This would not necessarily shut down his remaining a threat in the run game given his otherworldly athleticism. Cake and eat it?

Josh is the wildcard for this team. If he breaks out and utilizes his great talent and attributes this be just as exciting of an offense as last year’s Chiefs but in it’s own way.

2 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Don't believe they're finished.  Waiting for the OT very early in the draft.

I don ‘t think so and I hope not but if they did then that wouldn’t shock me either. Beane each year has managed to draft a star player in few different positions now. Josh, Tre’Davious, Tremaine and tried with Dion and Zay. The only OL in this year’s draft that has star power to me is Jawaan Taylor. 

• Like (+1) 1

He's an above average G. This signing would make very happy. Solid pass protector.

7 hours ago, Logic said:

I have a feeling the Bills were interested in him from the get-go, but his asking price was too high. Now that free agency is progressed and he has seen that he doesn't have any suitors at his asking price, he is circling back to interested teams. I would love it if the Bills signed him. It would mean a likely starting trio of Spain, Morse, and Long, which would be great, and would allow Teller to learn from some vets for a year or two.

I don't know what to make of Long. Everyone seems to think he's the starter, but I'm not so sure about that. I also think everyone is giving up on Teller too easily. In any case, i's looking like they'll stay put at 9 and get Kyle's replacement, imo.

Admittedly, I don't know much about Spain or any of the other O-linemen we have signed this off season.  What I do know though is that if I was one of the Bills O-linemen, recently signed or held over from last year, I would get up right now and head to the gym and start hitting the weights hard.

It looks like the only position locked down on the O-line is Morse at center.  It is going to be a good old fashioned donnybrook for the other four line spots.  Brand new O-Line coach, more O-linemen than can possibly make the roster, and your NFL future on the line?  Every single one of them is  going to have to bring it to make this roster and get on the field.

Gotta love Beane creating this kind of competition. 

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 4

13 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Agree.  They also brought in two tackles though.  If they draft a T day 1or 2 Dawkins will have a very direct message sent.  And if I'm Teller I wouldn't sign a long term rental on my condo.

teller to dline ...and will be a terror.  sorry obd if i gave something away....

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

No doubt. Really don’t see us taking an OL in the first 3 rounds if we pick him up. 

With or without this signing I don’t see an o linemen in the top 3 rounds. At this point I see a tackle they can develop for the year. A talented small school like Max Scharpling or Tytus Howard makes too much sense 

2 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

With or without this signing I don’t see an o linemen in the top 3 rounds. At this point I see a tackle they can develop for the year. A talented small school like Max Scharpling or Tytus Howard makes too much sense 

Those are my dudes at OT!

15 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Is there anyone out there who still believes that Beane doesn't have a plan? I remember a certain few people questioning that in the build up to FA.

The process is in full gear!!

Oh it's what we do in Buffalo, assume the worst until good news slaps us in the face. And then it has to slap us again 

• Haha (+1) 3