Raiders can't chase Bell - out of Cash

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

CvAhj98VUAAFUmZ.jpg

Where did you find a pic of Mark Davis minivan.......that is hilarious!

Ralph's Taurus was actually pricier than a minivan.

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Is this serious?  They are broke?

They have been cash strapped for years.    Their stadium situation is bad and they don't have outside wealth like The Pegs or most of the new owners.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Where did you find a pic of Mark Davis minivan.......that is hilarious!

Ralph's Taurus was actually pricier than a minivan.

Google image search. I wouldn't believe it, but it fits the description in that ESPN Magazine profile.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

B4ZdW_ACAAA8pSm.jpg

Smelled in 46 states, welcome in none. 

I find it hard to believe that Mike Mayock actually has a definitive say in a room with Dumb and Dumber. Can't believe he was willing to hitch his career to that circus. 

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Mayock is playing this like he's proposing moves on TV, but he forgot to check the owner's bank statement.

If they hadn't gotten that deal done with the Oakland Mausoleum a couple weeks ago AB might be a Bill.;)

Davis isn't going to be able to afford any of those fancy haircuts for a while but he'll be good when they get to LV.

1 minute ago, dje85 said:

I don't believe this at all. There are always ways to circumvent the cap. 

It is not a CAP it is a CASH problem

Matt Verderame Retweeted Dov Kleiman

When teams sign players, they have to put all the guaranteed money into escrow. In other words, Mark Davis doesn't have the liquid cash do to that. Insane.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I joke how the kardashians are all plastic surgery, but maybe mark davis should ask for a referral 

Modern medicine still has a long way to go - the technology hasn't been invented yet to fix this

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JXCOL3 said:

Related image

"We let Mayock sign AB for how much?"

Seriously though....how the F can anyone tell their hair stylist to cut their hair that way and be serious about it?  Doesn't he have any close friends or family to ask him what the hell he is thinking?

Edited by Mark80
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Mark80 said:

Seriously though....how the F does that can anyone tell their hair stylist to cut their hair that way and be serious about it?  Doesn't he have any close friends or family to ask him what the hell he is thinking?

I have to believe he's challenged. Mentally challenged.

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Modern medicine still has a long way to go - the technology hasn't been invented yet to fix this

I look at the picture and think to myself, that there is no way they are not related

Guy reminds me of Barney rubble for some reason. Don't know why because Barney has a much better hair do> However bad hair and the Presidency seem to be a match.. is this our next President

Image result for barney rubble

I have to agree. How can yo have that much money and sport a haircut like that

Edited by ddaryl
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dje85 said:

I don't believe this at all. There are always ways to circumvent the cap. 

It’s not a cap issue. It’s a cash flow issue. They don’t have enough cash on hand to pay signing bonuses to additional prospective free agents. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Is this serious?  They are broke?

Their owner doesn’t have any major money coming from another source like most. The Raiders are the family’s revenue source.  Couple that with two other facts: 1) the Raiders are the lowest revenue team in the NFL and 2) there is a clause in the CBA that requires all unpaid guaranteed money to be put into escrow at the time a contract is executed. That tells you a lot about their current financial situation and why they’re moving to Vegas. 

• Like (+1) 1

Serious question though - if one of AB's hangups was about getting the bulk of his pay as guaranteed, and now we find out the Raiders dont have the funds to put in escrow, where does that leave AB's contract status? Shouldnt Rosenhaus have vetted this out in the first place?

Just now, Stevie Ray said:

Serious question though - if one of AB's hangups was about getting the bulk of his pay as guaranteed, and now we find out the Raiders dont have the funds to put in escrow, where does that leave AB's contract status? Shouldnt Rosenhaus have vetted this out in the first place?

They had enough for AB.  Now it is in escrow, and hence cant do much else